World Club membership

samarai27

We've just moved back to Australia and discovered that our Cunard UK number is not valid in Australia. Not wanting to lose our benefits we have made numerous phone calls and sent email but are finding it an uphill battle. Has anyone else dealt with this problem and is there a solution.

2 hours ago, samarai27 said:

We've just moved back to Australia and discovered that our Cunard UK number is not valid in Australia. Not wanting to lose our benefits we have made numerous phone calls and sent email but are finding it an uphill battle. Has anyone else dealt with this problem and is there a solution.

yes years ago I ended up with a UK US and a NZ region number, I emailed them and it took a few weeks but eventually they added them all together. It didn't happen overnight but it did happen.

From memory the World Club email address is a uk based one if that is the one you are using?

Edited by roscoe39

My partner and I moved our North American membership over about 10 years ago.

Mine was without issue but for some reason my partners now is tedious.

When you make a booking the Cunard site will not accept it and one has to call up and Cunard have to add it. Always the same comment “oh I don’t know why it wont accept it”

We got Dragana in the sales office one voyage to double triple check if there was anything wrong with his profile etc and she couldn’t see why it wouldn’t work.

Good old Cunard IT I guess!

1 hour ago, Craigrlewis said:

My partner and I moved our North American membership over about 10 years ago.

Mine was without issue but for some reason my partners now is tedious.

When you make a booking the Cunard site will not accept it and one has to call up and Cunard have to add it. Always the same comment “oh I don’t know why it wont accept it”

We got Dragana in the sales office one voyage to double triple check if there was anything wrong with his profile etc and she couldn’t see why it wouldn’t work.

Good old Cunard IT I guess!

Infuriating. And if Dragana couldn’t sort it, it is probably incorrigible.

• Like 1

I've recently had a similar issue. Though I am an Australian citizen, I happened to be in Europe late last year when Cunard had their advance sale for world club members.  So I phoned Cunard in the UK who did not recognise my membership number.  Instead, they gave me a new number for the booking I made with them. So I now seem to have different member numbers for Australia and the UK. I contacted Cunard Australia when I got home and they said I would have to work it out with the UK office as I had made the booking with them. I then emailed the UK office hoping to link my two numbers, but have never received a reply. Perhaps I could email both offices together, using the addresses that Bluemarble has provided.  

But on a broader level, what are the implications of having two world membership numbers? Does it matter in a practical sense? I'm trying to work out how seriously I should take this situation.

11 minutes ago, BrisbaneR said:

But on a broader level, what are the implications of having two world membership numbers? Does it matter in a practical sense? I'm trying to work out how seriously I should take this situation.

As far as I know, it only matters toward earning Cunard World Club status. If you have completed one voyage with your UK number and one voyage with your Australia number, then you only have "Silver" status with each separate account. If they were combined, then you would have "Gold" status on your combined account.

Now if you have already achieved "Diamond" status with your Australia account, then it doesn't really matter. But if you'd like to have that voyage with your UK number count toward your Cunard World Club status, then it may be worth pursuing further.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bluemarble said:

As far as I know, it only matters toward earning Cunard World Club status. If you have completed one voyage with your UK number and one voyage with your Australia number, then you only have "Silver" status with each separate account. If they were combined, then you would have "Gold" status on your combined account.

Now if you have already achieved "Diamond" status with your Australia account, then it doesn't really matter. But if you'd like to have that voyage with your UK number count toward your Cunard World Club status, then it may be worth pursuing further.

Thanks Bluemarble. I have Gold status but obviously want all my future voyages to be recorded. So I will email both Cunard sites to see if I can get a uniform number. 

3 hours ago, alc13 said:

Multiple regions for a "World" Club number?  🙄

That's my understanding. There are different Cunard World Club systems for the UK, North America and Australia/New Zealand.

The format of a North America CWC number is nine digits followed by a letter. My wife and I have CWC numbers that start with the same nine digits. Mine ends in an "A" while hers ends in a "B".

My understanding is the format of a UK CWC number is the letters "CU" followed by two more letters then digits.

My understanding is the format of Australia/NZ CWC numbers is similar to that in North America (nine digits followed by a letter).

I'll be happy to be corrected on any of these details if I have them wrong.

Incidentally, our CWC numbers here in the US are identical to our Princess Cruises Captain Circle numbers.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

Hi we are also World Members, we live in the U.K. and have booked a cruise on Queen Victoria around the British Isles for August.

Sorry to bother you, but we cannot find the roll call for this, or able to ask any questions.

If you could help, I would be grateful.

Our names are: Arlette and Murray from London, England.

46 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

That's my understanding. There are different Cunard World Club systems for the UK, North America and Australia/New Zealand.

The format of a North America CWC number is nine digits followed by a letter. My wife and I have CWC numbers that start with the same nine digits. Mine ends in an "A" while hers ends in a "B".

My understanding is the format of a UK CWC number is the letters "CU" followed by two more letters then digits.

My understanding is the format of Australia/NZ CWC numbers is similar to that in North America (nine digits followed by a letter).

Incidentally, our CWC numbers here in the US are identical to our Princess Cruises Captain Circle numbers.

Interesting. Don’t think one is wrong as this may be true in many cases.

From England, our Cunard WC membership numbers are two letters, then six numbers, followed by a single letter, with no CU prefix.

Our Princess numbers are nine numbers, followed by a letter.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

Ours are "CU" followed by two letters, then five digits then a single letter. So ten characters in total.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lady of the Nile said:

Hi we are also World Members, we live in the U.K. and have booked a cruise on Queen Victoria around the British Isles for August.

Sorry to bother you, but we cannot find the roll call for this, or able to ask any questions.

If you could help, I would be grateful.

Our names are: Arlette and Murray from London, England.

I don't see a roll call created for your QV British Isles cruise in August either. It is up to someone on each cruise to be the one to create a roll call for their cruise. I recommend you create one in the Queen Victoria Roll Call section to get the ball rolling.

1 hour ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Interesting. Don’t think one is wrong as this may be true in many cases.

From England, our Cunard WC membership numbers are two letters, then six numbers, followed by a single letter, with no CU prefix.

Our Princess numbers are nine numbers, followed by a letter.

52 minutes ago, North West Newbie said:

Ours are "CU" followed by two letters, then five digits then a single letter. So ten characters in total.

That's interesting. So apparently there are two different formats for UK CWC numbers:

AA999999A  (9 total characters)

CUAA99999A  (10 total characters)

where "A" in any letter and "9" is any digit.

Just curious for those of you in the UK, which of these formats are you seeing for your CWC number and are there any other variations?

Edited by bluemarble

9 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

That's interesting. So apparently there are two different formats for UK CWC numbers:

AA999999A  (9 total characters)

CUAA99999A  (10 total characters)

where "A" in any letter and "9" is any digit.

Just curious for those of you in the UK, which of these formats are you seeing for your CWC number and are there any other variations?

To complicate the issue, mine is AA99999A, so 8 characters in total!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Snappers. Our posts must have overlapped.

No problem. I'm interested in seeing how common each of the various UK formats are so all replies are welcome.

I have seen posts in the past where members have stated they have seen their CWC numbers listed both with and without the "CU" prefix so that may explain some of this variation.

Our original US CWC number from our first voyage in 2005 was in the format "CU9999999A". Then after we sailed Princess for the first time, I noticed the first two characters had changed from "CU" to "61". It wouldn't surprise me to learn there are others in the US with CWC numbers that start with "CU".

We had this problem a few years ago.  One number for when we booked here in Aus and another for when we booked via the UK.  And as bluemarble said, it had diff loyalty levels on each account.  So, I had to talk with both Cunard, Aus and UK, and after a few months, they finally had me use the Aus number universally and that is where all my benefits are and we are finally Diamond members .  So now, when I book I give them that number and have not had any problems.  I have not booked via the US before.

Edited by alibabacruisers

Australia/NZ numbers are 10 digits, all numbers.

I wonder if your final A and B digits denote the same members of a household (nobody else in North America has C, D, etc), or whether it is just coincidence that you have A and B.  In Australia, we don't appear to use the final digit to identify members of the same houseold.  My number ends with a 3 and Mrs. sfred with 4.  We got our numbers at the same time, at the end of our first Cunard voyage.

I concur that it seems odd for there to be different formats across regions.  An unworldly "world" club.

Edited by sfred
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, alibabacruisers said:

We had this problem a few years ago.  One number for when we booked here in Aus and another for when we booked via the UK.  And as bluemarble said, it had diff loyalty levels on each account.  So, I had to talk with both Cunard, Aus and UK, and after a few months, they finally had me use the Aus number universally and that is where all my benefits are and we are finally Diamond members .  So now, when I book I give them that number and have not had any problems.  I have not booked via the US before.

Doesn’t that just epitomise Cunard? I thought you were going to say ’after a few minutes’ but of course not, it was ‘after a few months’. Why we love them. 😀

8 minutes ago, sfred said:

Australia/NZ numbers are 10 digits. 

I wonder if your final A and B digits denote the same members of a household (nobody else in North America has C, D, etc), or whether it is just coincidence that you have A and B.  In Australia, we don't appear to use the final digit to identify members of the same houseold.  My number ends with a 3 and Mrs. sfred with 4.  We got our numbers at the same time, at the end of our first Cunard voyage.

I concur that it seems odd for there to be different formats across regions.  An unworldly "world" club.

Thank you for that correction regarding the Australia/NZ format.

My understanding is that in the past for US CWC numbers, the "A" suffix was always assigned to the male and "B" to the female in a couple and then "C", "D", etc. to other family members. Understandably that received pushback for being rather sexist. Hopefully the system now is something more along the lines of "A" for the primary passenger on the first booking and then subsequent letters for additional passengers in the same household.