Platinum/Elite/Suite Lounge Hors d'oeuvres

JeffandMelissa

First Princess cruise coming up since The Stop.  Looking forward to it. We've always enjoyed the P/E/S lounge, and normally skipped Main Dining based on what was served in the lounge.

Do they still provide a Hors d'oeuvres menu in our cabins?  Does anyone know what the menu is for a typical 7 day cruise?

Many thanks!

Melissa

It appears the ‘new’ policy is you should receive a letter from the Loyalty Manager which list benefits and the ‘dates’ of events such as the wine tasting.

You will not receive a separate invitation to the complimentary wine tasting, as done before.

They no longer print ‘menu’ of P/E/S offerings provided to your cabin, some ships may post a list in the lounge so you can plan and see upcoming offerings. 

Does anyone know the venue where this is held on the Sapphire Princess? It's typically been in Skywalkers on sister ships, but since Sapphire no longer has this venue, I'm curious where it will be for an upcoming cruise on Sapphire. Thanks!

24 minutes ago, VaCruzers said:

Does anyone know the venue where this is held on the Sapphire Princess? It's typically been in Skywalkers on sister ships, but since Sapphire no longer has this venue, I'm curious where it will be for an upcoming cruise on Sapphire. Thanks!

Sapphire has Skywalkers. Why would you think it didn't?

The only ship it was removed from was Grand. 

In recent cruises, it was in Skywalkers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No more menu provided in advance however the variations  and selection of items served has been improved (in my opinion). I have been seeing different things instead of the same 7 items you typically use to see on every cruise (things like Chips and salsa, shrimp fountain and steak tartare).

For example on Royal a couple of nights ago there were hot Cornish pastry, cheese and crackers, fresh fruit, dried figs, vegetables and dip and some desserts. 

Edited by Shelly97060
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Last year, when we cruised on the Enchanted, DW and I thought the Elite Lounge offerings were hardly worth the effort to go to the lounge.  Since we had a drink package and had no interest the very limited discounted drinks offered at the Elite Lounge, we never returned.  Instead we went to our favorite bar and ordered potato chips (via the app) which were delivered to our seats by room service :).

Why?  We asked our favorite bar tender if they had any snacks (which used to be the norm) and were told  "No."  When DW complained that she missed her "chips" the bar tender laughed and said, just order the on the app :).

Hank

Our December transit to BA this was held in Skywalkers.   Nibbles ranged from beef tartare,  samosas, wontons, shrimp, vegetables,

cheeses, olives and a variety of dessert options.  Most items were served in self serve containers.   Nice variety.   Drink service was not the greatest with waiters.  Bar service was excellent.   Say high to Franklin and Tamara.

20 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Sapphire has Skywalkers. Why would you think it didn't?

The only ship it was removed from was Grand. 

In recent cruises, it was in Skywalkers. 

My  mistake! We were originally bootked on Crown for AK in 2020, which of course was cancelled and rescheuled more than once due to Covid. We are now booked on Sapphire for AK 2023, but I guess I still had the Crown layout in mind as this question came up. Thanks for the reminder and clarification!

5 hours ago, VaCruzers said:

My  mistake! We were originally bootked on Crown for AK in 2020, which of course was cancelled and rescheuled more than once due to Covid. We are now booked on Sapphire for AK 2023, but I guess I still had the Crown layout in mind as this question came up. Thanks for the reminder and clarification!

Crown has Skywalkers also, BTW.... 

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Where is the Platinum/Elite lounge on the Enchanted? 

The "smart a%%" answer would be "it is wherever they want it to be."  That is actually close the truth.  But on our cruise I believe it was in the Vista Lounge.  You should have a letter, waiting in your cabin, which tells you when and where.

Hank

• Thanks 1