Norovirus on Brilliance

coaster

46 minutes ago, paross4 said:

I know they say Clorox wipes do not work but these claim to, based on the label and website.  (My bolding of the text)

We usually take these along to wipe things down.

Clorox Healthcare® Bleach Germicidal Wipes

• GERMICIDAL BLEACH WIPES: Clorox Healthcare ® Germicidal Bleach Wipes are a ready to use cleaner disinfectant; EPA registered to kill C. Difficile in 3 minutes and 58 other microorganisms in 1 minute or less
  • ONE-STEP CLEANER DISINFECTANT: Clean, disinfect and deodorize with proven efficacy against outbreak-causing viruses like influenza A, influenza B and norovirus
  • DISINFECT: Kills C. Difficile spores in 3 minutes and more than 55 HAI-causing pathogens in 1 minute; meets EPA criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19

Those are exactly what I was talking about that the OP could use instead of trying to smuggle bleach.  Not sure if she will be able to find them but a flat pack of those would be more convenient than a bottle of liquid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fredmdcruisers said:

More likely from people walking while eating ice cream cones.

LOL, possible.  But, I don't think so.  Two ships, post COVID, for months apart and both had the same sticky handrails.  Very gross feeling.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Those are exactly what I was talking about that the OP could use instead of trying to smuggle bleach.  Not sure if she will be able to find them but a flat pack of those would be more convenient than a bottle of liquid.

I brought a flat pack of the generic form of / substitute for the Clorox-type disinfecting wipes on my 11/5/2022 cruise on Serenade.

53 minutes ago, Amberle3 said:

One of the major differences between hotel housekeeping and cruise ship workers is that the hotel housekeeping staff leaves the property and goes home when their shift is finished.  On a cruise ship however the ship IS their home for the length of their contract with the cruise line. 

However, cruise ship housekeeping workers don't work 24--hour shifts - nor do equivalent hotel staff.  Thousands of ships' passengers holding, touching handrails, door knobs, other surfaces ... cannot and will not be effectively sanitized consistently.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Longford said:

I brought a flat pack of the generic form of / substitute for the Clorox-type disinfecting wipes on my 11/5/2022 cruise on Serenade.

I have purchased the flat packs of the regular Clorox wipes and the generic equivalent but have never seen the healthcare bleach germicidal wipe flat packs.  

52 minutes ago, Longford said:

However, cruise ship housekeeping workers don't work 24--hour shifts - nor do equivalent hotel staff.  Thousands of ships' passengers holding, touching handrails, door knobs, other surfaces ... cannot and will not be effectively sanitized consistently.

Agree completely. People see staff wiping and assume the process is being done properly and sanitized. Just like some here equate sticky feeling of railings to being santizer, when that is most probably just from either an unclean rag and/or sticky hands. It's just like the Windjammer staff wiping off multiple tables with the same rag. No cleaning is taking place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2023 at 5:15 PM, firefly333 said:

Covid test free. Seeing a doctor charge.  I just paid for the generic night quil stuff and the cough drops. Skipped the doc when they said $140.

Yeah she knew was most likely sinus infection but they just gave her CV test anyway, she self quarantine for 24hrs, Royal gave her another CV neg test at the Cabin and gave the 3 of them $$$ off for the 2 days. I wasnt with them and we all had CV month before when she brought it home to us from another Cruise. Week before that she'd had the Flu(tested positive), brought home from trip to Universal Studios. 3 year no illnesses and she got all 3 in less then 6wks. My CV was first time I'd been sick in over 5yrs

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Longford said:

Oh I absolutely agree.  My comment was more to try and say that cruise ship staff have a bit more incentive to keep things clean than the average hotel housekeeping staff does.

• Like 2

One of the reasons there have been so many illnesses since "lockdown" is because people weren't being exposed to everyday germs.  We just don't sweat it.  Never wipe down anything.  Wash our hands and don't put our fingers in our mouths or anywhere on our face unless we have just washed our hands.  Our last cruise on Jewel, the ship and our cabin were spotless.  Cleanest ship we've ever been on.  But, just like the last three years, people can't keep living their lives in constant fear.  Not only have we done 7 cruises since restart, we've stayed in hotels at the beach for 4 different weeks, stayed in hotels near family and stayed with family.  We also continued to see our families and friends the entire time.  We've been just as healthy as ever.    

• Like 2

15 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yes, Ace is the voice of reason… welcome to 2023. 🎉🎉😀

Ah yes, I remember fondly the Ace threads from the last couple of years.  What has happened to Ace?

Edited by BND

20 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Do you have him blocked? This was his post that I complimented. 

1955172311_ScreenShot2023-01-25at8_45_58AM.thumb.png.efd0f681c7b2aa6617486344621ef482.png

No, I saw it.  He just wasn't the voice of reason the last couple of years lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Possibly but you should stay away from the medical centre they can do nothing for noro and will charge your for your trouble.

I stay away from talking about the M word.  Every time I say how I feel about them, the entire thread gets deleted.  So, MUMMMMMMs the word. 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 5:52 PM, cruising sister said:

Norovirus  on Brilliance I have Norovirus in my house! DGS spent the night in my bed and woke up vomiting!!! We have a Disney cruise in one week. Luckily incubation is short so hopefully we will all be sick and well by next Sunday. 

On 1/23/2023 at 11:45 AM, HappyTexan44 said:

Well, the Lysol did nothing against Noro.   But the bleach should have killed it unless it was too diluted.  

Because I am an untrusting person, I don't believe that the rooms are deep cleaned between guests.   My plan is to bleach-clean our rooms before anyone else enters.  I also do a bedbug inspection in any hotel room.    

As a nurse, I bring Lysol wipes and completely clean any cabin or hotel room before I unpack. Takes 5-10 minutes and prevents misery. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yeah she knew was most likely sinus infection but they just gave her CV test anyway, she self quarantine for 24hrs, Royal gave her another CV neg test at the Cabin and gave the 3 of them $$$ off for the 2 days. I wasnt with them and we all had CV month before when she brought it home to us from another Cruise. Week before that she'd had the Flu(tested positive), brought home from trip to Universal Studios. 3 year no illnesses and she got all 3 in less then 6wks. My CV was first time I'd been sick in over 5yrs

My primary care physician urged me not to go on my 11/5/2022 cruise out of Tampa.  She said ALL of her patients that had recently returned from cruises were Covid positive.  I went on the cruise, took what I thought were careful precautions (masks, distancing, etc.) ... and returned Covid free.

• Like 1