Brunch (menu) question

cacruisin

The Chia Pet Pudding was removed months ago. I still find plenty of deliciousness to consume.

The hours were reduced to "end" at noon, but everyone who checks in before noon is still seated and served. Food is still being served well after noon.

• Haha 1

The shrimp salad is also gone. It was part of some tower thing I think that came with bagels and different toppings? The whole item is gone actually. I only ever ordered a side of the shrimp salad that was a part of that. It was very tasty

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reeinaz said:

The shrimp salad is also gone. It was part of some tower thing I think that came with bagels and different toppings? The whole item is gone actually. I only ever ordered a side of the shrimp salad that was a part of that. It was very tasty

Was it the salmon super food salad?  Yeah, that was cut, too.

31 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

It was removed within the last year which makes it relevant to the OP's question and thus to this conversation.

It is still dead. Carnival has removed items in the past and rotated them back in at a later date. The delicious flamin' tomato soup is a recent example.

• 3 weeks later...

There are different sea and port day menus.  I was worried when I didn't see the homemade granola on the menu, but it is on the port and disembarkation day menus.   We are "breakfast people" and love the variety each menu offers even with some of the cuts, so we love breakfast each morning in the MDR but had to watch the HUB app for earlier breakfast times on port days.   It was great having the flaming tomato soup back on the Panorama in January, too.  

2 hours ago, JenSDCA said:

My son will be so disappointed that they no longer have the mac n cheese on the sea day brunch menu, that’s one thing he still mentions every time cruising is discussed. 

They still have some awesome Mac n cheese in the Kids section. I order it frequently. 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 1:22 PM, reeinaz said:

Oh yes, I would get a small side of that as well....it was yummy! 

On 1/30/2023 at 8:45 AM, mz-s said:

I think they've already hit seaday brunch with the cutback knife. The menu is a shadow of its former self, and hours are reduced as well.

But at least they brought back the ketchup soup.

What are the hours of the SeaDay bruch ?

I remember a couple of years ago, one could go to the brunch and have eggs benedict with a side filet mignon ...back in October we went...no steak on menu, eggs benedict were stone cold and HALF cooked....horrible...won't be returning ...made to order omlets are better..

I am told the Lobster Benedict is worth the upcharge. I definitely will try it on my cruise in March. I used to get steak and eggs but probably won't if it is not filet mignon. 

So many complaints about the upcharges. There is so much waste I would imagine people will waste less if you have to pay for it. Cruising is still the best value in vacations IMHO.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2023 at 11:31 AM, vikkster said:

I am told the Lobster Benedict is worth the upcharge. I definitely will try it on my cruise in March. I used to get steak and eggs but probably won't if it is not filet mignon. 

So many complaints about the upcharges. There is so much waste I would imagine people will waste less if you have to pay for it. Cruising is still the best value in vacations IMHO.

SDB is the only place I can get gluten-free Benedict - will have to try the lobster!

On 2/22/2023 at 1:31 PM, vikkster said:

The steak and eggs is now striploin. It is a big downgrade from the filet they used to serve. I am not as down on the striploin as some on here, I've had good luck with it. But when it's bad, it's bad.

The Shrimp and Grits on the Seaday brunch menu is wonderful, enjoyed it last week.  Also, on the regular breakfast menu the Egg White Frittata was a happy surprise.  I ordered it to atone for my Chef's Table indulgence the night before...that plan backfired because the frittata was in no way a light dish!  If I had to describe it I'd say lots and lots of cheese, a small amount of broccoli, all held together with a minimum of egg white.  I ended up ordering and eating it three times!  

I don't understand the ire caused by the steak change.  For me a filet is the last steak I will order, it is one of those I'm ordering it because it's low cal...kind of like eating a veg sandwich at Subway.  I'd much rather have a tougher steak which has some flavor.

4 hours ago, edspec said:

Also, on the regular breakfast menu the Egg White Frittata was a happy surprise.  I ordered it to atone for my Chef's Table indulgence the night before...that plan backfired because the frittata was in no way a light dish!  If I had to describe it I'd say lots and lots of cheese, a small amount of broccoli, all held together with a minimum of egg white.  I ended up ordering and eating it three times!  

I had thought they did away with both versions of the frittata?