Ft. Lauderdale Cruise Terminal Shuttle from Hotel

Kelownadon

29 minutes ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

We stayed at the embassy suites Fll and I believe the shuttle was $10 pp, which was a bargain compared to what the Uber rate was running that morning. Did not love the embassy suites though. 

Have you seen the price for hotels in FLL now , 

They are at least double the price compared to last April 

You will be at the mercy of the hotel shuttle schedule and sharing it with others. It may not go straight to your ship. Uber/Lyft/Taxi will be at your schedule. Keep that in mind when you compare prices. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Have you seen the price for hotels in FLL now , 

They are at least double the price compared to last April 

We were there in November but offset the cost with some point redemption. I wasn't crazy about having to spend that much on a hotel for a moment that we would probably not remember. I would probably choose the Hampton inn next time. Our goal was to just get there a day in advance for our cruise. I do feel booking the hotel waaaaay in advance is the best way to go, if possible. Then rebook if prices drop.

2 hours ago, dodger1964 said:

We had some orphan hotel points and are using them for hyatt place. Will prob Uber/Lyft to ship. I think shuttle rate is 10 or 15 per person. I would think Uber/Lyft would be in that range. And not packed in a van that makes multiple stops. 

We are also using points for Hyatt Place.  We don’t take hotel shuttles any longer.  Hate the waiting with crowds in the lobby, cramped shuttles sitting shoulder to shoulder with backpack or other carryon in my lap.  The most we have paid for a Uber to the port in FLL was $30 with tip. 

Guest 4-2-N-8

Just an alternative perspective...

If safety and privacy are a concern, as both are for me, I'd consider private car hire.

Absolute prompt arrival and departure on my schedule.

13 hours ago, dodger1964 said:

shuttle rate is 10 or 15 per person.

Lyft from Tru in Dania Beach was $23 (including tip---actually on this date one year ago).  Took 16 minutes.

Edited by jwlane

From the official Fort Lauderdale website searching Places to Stay with Shuttles to Port:

https://www.visitlauderdale.com/places-to-stay/hotels/?bounds=false&view=grid&sort=qualityScore&filter_keyword=Shuttle&filter_amenities[0]=amenities_shuttleserviceport

You will have to research which, if any, are free.

21 hours ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

We stayed at the embassy suites Fll and I believe the shuttle was $10 pp, which was a bargain compared to what the Uber rate was running that morning. Did not love the embassy suites though. 

Anything particular you didn’t love?  We have it reserved for this Friday.