Wi Fi information - when do we get it? @Check-in or Customer Service?

BarbieGee

I purchased one of the Wi Fi packages. When is the login information given out?

Is it in my folio information?

Must I / should I ask for this info upon check-in, or must one head for Customer Service?

image.png.293bbccb5b78c12a84766d9f156bd77f.png

1 hour ago, Schoifmom said:

Log into the HUB app while on board. Click the link to log into the internet.  A page will appear asking for your folio number.  It will also give you upgrade options (if applicable).  Just sign in.

Good that there is an upgrade option. I've been thinking.... got the Social but should I get Value? All I want to do is Facebook and post a few pix.

6 minutes ago, BarbieGee said:

Good that there is an upgrade option. I've been thinking.... got the Social but should I get Value? All I want to do is Facebook and post a few pix.

social is perfectly fine that, you will have no issues 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BarbieGee said:

Unless you need email, Social is just fine.  It provides access to FB, Messenger, WhatsA, major airlines, etc.

• Thanks 1

As soon as you’re on the ship go to wifi settings and join Carnival wifi. Then place phone in airplane mode. Then open hub app and go to internet plans and purchase it. You will put your folio number and birthdate and it will recognize that you bought it. Then you will be online. 

2 minutes ago, ejnsb said:

I apologize for redirecting the question, but my intention is to use my tablet for wifi and the app on the phone for everything else (checking in for meals, etc).  Easy to d9?

yes you can do

have one device logged into the wifi using your folio account and have the other device not logged in to use the hub app

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, BarbieGee said:

I also got the social.  I just need my kids to be able to contact me while gone.  They all have FB, Twitter or Snapchat so that's all I need.

10 minutes ago, Tiger0613 said:

Everyone seems to be forgetting or not realizing that you get your folio number when you get your card.  To get your folio number before that, go to Guest Services.

Shouldn't you get your folio number at Check-in at the terminal?

6 minutes ago, BarbieGee said:

Not anymore.  You use to get your sail and sign card at check in (which has your folio number on it), but now you do not get anything at checkin.  You go to your rooms and your sail and sign cards are outside your room.

1 hour ago, halterk said:

Not anymore.  You use to get your sail and sign card at check in (which has your folio number on it), but now you do not get anything at checkin.  You go to your rooms and your sail and sign cards are outside your room.

Outside the room? That seems a bit unsecured!

People voice concerns about the cards being out in the open, but in reality it’s a good system. Saves a lot of time at check in. And I know of zero theft or other issues. Anyone who knows me knows I’m not shy to beat up on carnivals cutbacks or what not. But the way they handle s&s cards during check in is an excellent change compared to how it used to be. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BarbieGee said:

Outside the room? That seems a bit unsecured!

There are cameras everywhere and your picture is associated with your card. Only a moron would try to use a stolen sail and sign card. Yes, there are a few morons out there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, mz-s said:

People voice concerns about the cards being out in the open, but in reality it’s a good system. Saves a lot of time at check in. And I know of zero theft or other issues. Anyone who knows me knows I’m not shy to beat up on carnivals cutbacks or what not. But the way they handle s&s cards during check in is an excellent change compared to how it used to be. 

Okay and I will trust your historical knowledge but I will voice my concern at check-in.

Will my room be ready as soon as I board? That would be where I'll be heading, certainly. 🤨

7 hours ago, BarbieGee said:

Okay and I will trust your historical knowledge but I will voice my concern at check-in.

Will my room be ready as soon as I board? That would be where I'll be heading, certainly. 🤨

Most likely not unless you plan to arrive after 1:30pm.

If you want to buy anything on the ship before you can go to your room and get your card you can use the barcode at the top of your check in documents. It will work just the same as you S&S card. The only thing it won't do is open your stateroom door, you'll need your card for that. 

1 hour ago, x lindsay x said:

Most likely not unless you plan to arrive after 1:30pm.

If you want to buy anything on the ship before you can go to your room and get your card you can use the barcode at the top of your check in documents. It will work just the same as you S&S card. The only thing it won't do is open your stateroom door, you'll need your card for that. 

We have a 12:30 - 1:00 check-in time so it is possible that the room will be ready. However those in my party want FOOD so .... Buffet first it is! Then muster station then room. Then... PARTY!

14 hours ago, Tiger0613 said:

Everyone seems to be forgetting or not realizing that you get your folio number when you get your card.  To get your folio number before that, go to Guest Services.

14 hours ago, BarbieGee said:

You can certainly ask for your folio number when you check in at the terminal and they can write it on your boarding pass (they've done this for us for a different reason).  You will still have cellular service for a while after boarding, though, so I would just hold off on connecting to the internet through the ship's wifi until I get into my room.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

You will still have cellular service for a while after boarding, though, so I would just hold off on connecting to the internet through the ship's wifi until I get into my room.

I don't have an unlimited data plan.  I have a 5GB plan.  My mom is on my account, and she doesn't even have a smartphone to be able to use the data plan.  I've offered more than once to get her a smartphone, but she refuses every time.

Also, I have paid to be able to use the wifi from the moment I get on the ship until the moment I get off.  I want what I have paid for.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

You can certainly ask for your folio number when you check in at the terminal and they can write it on your boarding pass (they've done this for us for a different reason).  You will still have cellular service for a while after boarding, though, so I would just hold off on connecting to the internet through the ship's wifi until I get into my room.

I also had a bartender write my folio number on my boarding pass.  Sounds like multiple ways to get your folio to log in right away. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tiger0613 said:

I don't have an unlimited data plan.  I have a 5GB plan.  My mom is on my account, and she doesn't even have a smartphone to be able to use the data plan.  I've offered more than once to get her a smartphone, but she refuses every time.

Also, I have paid to be able to use the wifi from the moment I get on the ship until the moment I get off.  I want what I have paid for.

Well, then use the alternative methods of getting your folio number prior to getting your S&S cards and get logged in.