Specialty Restaurant Reservations~Do you pay before?

mafig

It's been a while since we've been on Royal and I can't remember  this.

If we make a reservation for a specialty restaurant  dinner before the cruise, do we pay now (via a credit card) or while on board?

35 minutes ago, mafig said:

It's been a while since we've been on Royal and I can't remember  this.

If we make a reservation for a specialty restaurant  dinner before the cruise, do we pay now (via a credit card) or while on board?

You can only book prior to the cruise if you pay at time of booking. 

It is unfortunate that you spend 4-500 on a dining package and can’t make reservations before hand….last cruise in August we couldn’t get Izumi teppanyaki for the whole cruise it had sold out within an hour of boarding 😗

• Like 1

to reserve before boarding you have to pay. but we have a TA specialty certificate waiting in our room. do i just pay today then when i get on board have the concierge remove the charge. or present it to the restaurant to get the charge reversed? 

on oasis dont want to risk not getting the time we want by waiting to board

4 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

to reserve before boarding you have to pay. but we have a TA specialty certificate waiting in our room. do i just pay today then when i get on board have the concierge remove the charge. or present it to the restaurant to get the charge reversed? 

on oasis dont want to risk not getting the time we want by waiting to board

Many times we pre pay full price to get the venue, day and time we want for a special night even though we have a package.  Once onboard I go to GS and swap the reservation for a package night. To answer your exact question, we were recently on Ovation where we booked and paid for a  BOGO. Two days later we found out our TA gave us a specialty dinner, went to GS and swapped out the BOGO for the TA dinner, we were given a refundable OBC for the BOGO price.  

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 7:37 PM, taglovestocruise said:

Many times we pre pay full price to get the venue, day and time we want for a special night even though we have a package.  Once onboard I go to GS and swap the reservation for a package night. To answer your exact question, we were recently on Ovation where we booked and paid for a  BOGO. Two days later we found out our TA gave us a specialty dinner, went to GS and swapped out the BOGO for the TA dinner, we were given a refundable OBC for the BOGO price.  

You might have just answered this with your last part, but if you make a regular reservation and pay in advance, if you want to cancel on board (assuming you can), do you get OBC or credit back to your credit card?  Slightly different situation from yours. 

22 minutes ago, psac said:

You might have just answered this with your last part, but if you make a regular reservation and pay in advance, if you want to cancel on board (assuming you can), do you get OBC or credit back to your credit card?  Slightly different situation from yours. 

Refundable Onboard Credit, so it goes back to your credit card. (If you don't spend it). 

• Like 2

On 2/2/2023 at 4:05 PM, minnie00 said:

It is unfortunate that you spend 4-500 on a dining package and can’t make reservations before hand….last cruise in August we couldn’t get Izumi teppanyaki for the whole cruise it had sold out within an hour of boarding 😗

That wasn't the OP's question.

5 hours ago, JamesEM said:

I'm a D+, how does the BOGO work when booking before the cruise? 

The specialty dining BOGO is an on-board perk. To get a certain time slot you could book for one pre-cruise and then modify things onboard, but you might get charged the on-board price for one. Also, the perk is for first and second night, though again on board on certain ships, you might be able to book other nights.

17 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The specialty dining BOGO is an on-board perk. To get a certain time slot you could book for one pre-cruise and then modify things onboard, but you might get charged the on-board price for one. Also, the perk is for first and second night, though again on board on certain ships, you might be able to book other nights.

Thanks, Jim