Solstice Murano

AnnaNicole

We were on the same Cruise as @jelayne and had a wonderful dinner in Murano.  I don't recall anything had changed on their menu from previous cruises. 

My favorites are -  Dover Sole, Rack of Lamb and Lobster.  

Service was exceptional with  Lobster being prepared table side and Dover Sole de-boned table side.  

It definitely is worth it.   In my opinion it is the best Specialty on the M and S Class.   I'll reserved opinion on E-Class Eden after I try their new menu in April.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We were on the same Cruise as @jelayne and had a wonderful dinner in Murano.  I don't recall anything had changed on their menu from previous cruises. 

My favorites are -  Dover Sole, Rack of Lamb and Lobster.  

Service was exceptional with  Lobster being prepared table side and Dover Sole de-boned table side.  

It definitely is worth it.   In my opinion it is the best Specialty on the M and S Class.   I'll reserved opinion on E-Class Eden after I try their new menu in April.

Absolutely agree with Jim (haven't tried the Dover Sole), much better than the MDR.  Eden is my favorite fleet-wide although I haven't yet been on the Beyond so haven't tried Le Voyage yet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We dined at Murano on Solstice in October and loved it.  The food was top notch and the service was amazing.  We took advantage of the first night pricing and it was fairly empty.  My wife and I both agree that Murano is a new tradition for us.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Crown Vic said:

Save room for the Cheese Board...

No cheese board!

I almost mentioned that in my original reply but couldn’t remember the last time we had the cheese cart in Murano - it’s been awhile. No cheese cart & no three tiered sweet tray. Not that I ever need those extra calories! 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mrgabriel said:

No cheese board!

I almost mentioned that in my original reply but couldn’t remember the last time we had the cheese cart in Murano - it’s been awhile. No cheese cart & no three tiered sweet tray. Not that I ever need those extra calories! 

The cheese course is on the app; at least, for my Solstice sailing.   I hope it is still available.

Opinions on the Turbot vs Dover Sole, please?   Does one stand out over the other?

45 minutes ago, AnnaNicole said:

The cheese course is on the app; at least, for my Solstice sailing.   I hope it is still available.

Opinions on the Turbot vs Dover Sole, please?   Does one stand out over the other?

In my and my wife’s opinion, definitely the Dover Sole. All the times we have dined in Murano the cheese cart is available but I think you have to ask for it. I have found that they have reduced their selection over the years. I always enjoy a glass of port to accompany the cheese and they are happy to oblige. I usually find that the cheese course and dessert is too much so I choose one or the other.

I’m getting hungry just thinking about it!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mark_T said:

The cheese course is still there, but it is delivered as a plated cheese selection.

On the Equinox last November. On both occasions, the sole was filleted table side. Cheese was plated the first time but offered from the trolley the second. Table side preparation and the cheese trolley made the evenings that much more enjoyable.
Cheers!

• Like 1