Summer 2025

SarahHben

10 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I think the extra OBC was £100 per cabin.

I think it depended on the length of the cruise lady November when we booked a cruise whilst on Aurora, but that sort of level, not a lot.  The main advantage is the very low deposit as it makes the booking easy to walk away from if a changes of mind occurs.

Edited by tring

7 hours ago, SarahHben said:

As I said, I don't know if this is correct info, but the brochure I can see online has 3 itineraries for Iceland:

22nd May '25 16 nights on Aurora

Southampton / Skjolden / Alesund / Akureyri / Isafjordur / Grundarfjorour / Reykjavik (2 full Days) / Belfast / Southampton.

27th June '25 pretty much the same as above but in reverse.

1st August 21 nights on Arcadia

Southampton / Glasgow / Grundarfjorour / Reykjavik (2 full Days) / Isafjordur /  Akureyri / Honningsvag / Lofoten Islands / Narvik / Kristiansund / Alesund / Southampton.

There are various sail pasts as well.

Sorry about any wrong spellings!

Thank you for the clue which meant I found the online e-brochure. Looks like something genuine by one of the major (and more respected) Cruise Agents.

Sadly, it does look largely like same old, same old. There are one or two new ports of call but not very many.

There are 3 British Isles cruises, one with quite an interesting itinerary.

Only 5 real "Baltic" cruises with 2 more that dip in before or after Norway calls.

Also sadly, can't see any mention of celebrating Aurora's 25th Anniversary.

Really nothing there to wow regular P&O pax.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Britboys said:

Thank you for the clue which meant I found the online e-brochure. Looks like something genuine by one of the major (and more respected) Cruise Agents.

Sadly, it does look largely like same old, same old. There are one or two new ports of call but not very many.

There are 3 British Isles cruises, one with quite an interesting itinerary.

Only 5 real "Baltic" cruises with 2 more that dip in before or after Norway calls.

Also sadly, can't see any mention of celebrating Aurora's 25th Anniversary.

Really nothing there to wow regular P&O pax.

I didn’t work out the clue and I’m not finding anything via Google either! We might be interested in an Iceland cruise, as it's about the only ex-U.K. itinerary that we haven’t done, but we need one without too many tender ports, which seems to be a challenge there. 

Are 25th Anniversary cruises a thing? I recall P&O anniversary events (e.g. 175 years) but not specific ships anniversaries, but maybe they’ve just passed me by?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I didn’t work out the clue and I’m not finding anything via Google either! We might be interested in an Iceland cruise, as it's about the only ex-U.K. itinerary that we haven’t done, but we need one without too many tender ports, which seems to be a challenge there. 

Are 25th Anniversary cruises a thing? I recall P&O anniversary events (e.g. 175 years) but not specific ships anniversaries, but maybe they’ve just passed me by?

Possibly not generally but I was hoping that they would mark the quarter century of a much-loved ship. It looks as though they have dedicated a cruise to Britannia's 10th anniversary. I didn't see one for Aurora but will have another look.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spike11 said:

Now confirmed on the P&O website that pre registering in from 19th April and cruises on sale 26th (high tiers), 27th (March-June) and 28th (July to September).

Thanks.  We'll be on board on launch day, and have a birthday with a 0 during the 25 summer season, so might take advantage of low deposit and extra obc.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

How does the pre release securing work ?

Can you specify saver or select and choose cabin grade / number later?

I think you can only select a grade, and then you are allocated a cabin within that grade. If unhappy, you then have to call P&O and change your cabin. All a bit of a faff.

The TA many of us use,  allow you to choose exact cabin numbers,  so no toing and froing, but I assume that means you have to book a select fare. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, paulatsea said:

Last time I gave my TA a list of cabin numbers in order of preference. I wanted a B4 aft suite on Iona and there are only 7 such suites (excluding the disabled one). I would have liked to have done a B4 saver but could not do it, only select was allowed.

• Thanks 1

Nothing in the summer 2025 itineraries is jumping off the page at me. We are keen to go to Iceland, but the number of tender ports (or possible tender ports) is a major negative as my wife is unable to get off the ship.

If we didn’t need an accessible balcony cabin we wouldn’t dream of booking 2 years out anymore. I am sure that on all but the most popular cruises (particularly those with unusual itineraries - which is a stretch with P&O these days), the days of the cheapest prices being at launch are over. However, as last minute bookings for accessible cabins are nigh on impossible, if we can find some cruises of interest with a daily price (for the two of us) of £200 per night maximum (balcony cabin) then we might take a punt. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, paulatsea said:

If you pre register with P&O directly, you are assured of a cabin of the grade you choose and at the launch price, but you are not told your cabin number until after mid morning when they effectively "dump" their bookings onto their system for the cabin numbers to be allocated.  You may not get the email with your cabin number until late morning, so if it is a popular cruise or grade of cabin, you could find all your preferred cabin numbers are taken before you have chance to ask for your cabin number to be changed.

If you use an agent, they will ask for your preferred cabin numbers in order (as mentioned by smokey01 above).  Agents then have first pick of the cabin numbers before P&O's bookings are dumped on the system so you are more likely to get your preferred cabin number.  Sometimes prices have gone up a tad before agents get the bookings done, which is one other disadvantage, but most agents give a small discount on the opening price anyway.  If an agent cannot get a booking in your preferred location, you will not have to confirm your booking and pay the deposit, but if you pre register with P&O, then you pay your deposit and confirm your booking at pre registration time, so you cannot cancel your booking without paying cancellation charges.

All this really only kicks in for very popular cruises and booking ahead may not be so popular now, but could still take effect for some cruises or with some popular cabin grades.

We have pre registered both ways and have eventually got to grips with the ins and outs, but for one particularly popular cruise a number of years back, we had an agent who could not get us booked because systems had crashed, though luckily we managed to get booked with another agent before that cruise sold out the next day.

• Thanks 1