Carnival shareholder OBC

patnlcc

On 2/9/2023 at 7:56 AM, patnlcc said:

I’ve emailed Carnival/Seabourn twice in the last couple of weeks to request the appropriate OBC for our upcoming Seabourn cruise. I’ve heard nothing. Does anyone know if they’ve changed their email address? I’ve been using CCLshareholderSBN@seabourn.com

3 hours ago, patnlcc said:

Thought you might like to know. I’m STILL waiting for a response. First email to Seabourn was dated 9 February. 

Have you also sent an email to GuestServices@seabourn.com ?

5 hours ago, FlyingScotSailors said:

Have you also sent an email to GuestServices@seabourn.com ?

Not sure if this helps.We have had the share holders  credit at least 5 times. I have never received any notice but it has  always been there when we arrive on the ship.I would take a copy of your shares just in case.

On 2/23/2023 at 5:22 PM, Capri73 said:

I have never received any notice but it has  always been there when we arrive on the ship.I would take a copy of your shares just in case.

That's odd; I have always received an acknowledgement from Seabourn when they applied our credit. Yes, taking a copy of your statement is a good back-up plan, but the ship's staff can't add that credit; they can only send it to central HQ for such a credit, I believe. 

What great service I received from Seabourn! 

Yesterday afternoon I sent an email to the CCL address requesting the shareholder benefit cruise credit for our forthcoming April voyage and attached a copy of my broker statement.  

This morning I awoke to find a reply indicating that they have actioned my request and applied the credit!  Very happy!

I sent my request yesterday morning. Reply received in afternoon confirming cruise credit applied and will be available on embarkation. Our cruise is not until November!
Cant complain about that level of service.

I’ve been cruising with Seabourn for many years. I’ve always sent my letter w/proof of CCL to Guest Services via Fax. OBC has always been waiting for us upon embarkation although I believe they now show up in your Seabourn account. HTH

4 hours ago, TootyJane said:

I’ve been cruising with Seabourn for many years. I’ve always sent my letter w/proof of CCL to Guest Services via Fax. OBC has always been waiting for us upon embarkation although I believe they now show up in your Seabourn account. HTH

Could you please say where in the account the OBCs appear, TootyJane - many thanks

25 minutes ago, wesport said:

Could you please say where in the account the OBCs appear, TootyJane - many thanks

This is what I received in my reply from Seabourn

‘Thank you for contacting Seabourn regarding your Carnival Shareholder benefit. 

Seabourn has applied the shipboard credit amount of $250.00 to your reservation XXXXXXX, and it will be credited to your onboard account upon embarkation.’

Looking at the Carnival website it states that OBC benefits are applicable for sailings through 31/07/2023

and that reservations must be made by 28/02/2023.

Is this OBC benefit something that is reviewed/renewed every August or is it going to disappear end of July?

Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 15.48.42.png

1 hour ago, Reef Knot said:

Looking at the Carnival website it states that OBC benefits are applicable for sailings through 31/07/2023

and that reservations must be made by 28/02/2023.

Is this OBC benefit something that is reviewed/renewed every August or is it going to disappear end of July?

Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 15.48.42.png

They seem to renew it every year, but never guaranteed.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, patnlcc said:

I finally got a response on 28 March. 

I'm glad you finally got it Pat.  I hope you and Bill have a wonderful cruise on the Ovation. I'll just miss you.  I'm boarding on the 23rd in Dover.

Edited by Sunviking

By the way, as of today Carnival stock is down to under $10.  That means you can get this credit for an "investment" of under $1000.  The stock itself is not that good of an investment.  But if you take even a 7 day cruise that is a 10%, tax free "dividend" .  

• Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 3:12 AM, JPH814 said:

By the way, as of today Carnival stock is down to under $10.  That means you can get this credit for an "investment" of under $1000.  The stock itself is not that good of an investment.  But if you take even a 7 day cruise that is a 10%, tax free "dividend" .  

But if you bought your 100 shares back when Carnival was selling for around $30/share, it means you need to take about 20 Seabourn cruises (under 14 days) to recover in credits what you've lost on the stock price. We'll have to book a lot more cruises, I guess! 🤣

• Like 1

We purchased 100 CCL shares for $2419 in April 2009.  Out of interest, I went back and added up the shareholder OBC that has been credited to our cruises since then.  We initially received $900 on HAL and another $2350 when we graduated to Seabourn.  We also have $250 credited on our upcoming Seabourn booking for a grand total of $3500 in shareholder OBC.  Of course, we spent a fair amount to purchase those cruises and our CCL shares are now only worth $879, but we have more than recouped their initial cost in OBC, without even accounting for dividends.

• Like 1