Elite drinks

Steve H

On 2/14/2023 at 5:30 PM, the penguins said:

As Aqua includes the Classic Drinks package the Elite drinks are irrelevant.

I’m Aqua, but on a Blue Chip Caino cruise, so no perks. I’m not purchasing an alcohol package, as I just won’t use it enough. Plan on bringing 2 bottles of wine each and using my Elite benefits and pay out of pocket for some drinks.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, patty1955 said:

It's also very high end. I wouldn't expect to see it as a free drink.

Why would "a Modern Luxury Line," not include it, when Royal Caribbean, a "Mainstream Line" does?  The price-point on Celebrity is MUCH higher, so I would expect MORE, not Less!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

Why would "a Modern Luxury Line," not include it, when Royal Caribbean, a "Mainstream Line" does?  The price-point on Celebrity is MUCH higher, so I would expect MORE, not Less!

Ask Celebrity. Or sail on RC. 😉

Edited by hrhdhd
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Here’s a place where the Americans and British are speaking different languages.

in Britain, a cordial is a non-alcoholic fruit syrup 

in America, a cordial is an alcoholic beverage.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Here’s a place where the Americans and British are speaking different languages.

in Britain, a cordial is a non-alcoholic fruit syrup 

in America, a cordial is an alcoholic beverage.  

One of many.

Sorry not a "syrup" but at sweet non alcoholic drink made from fruit juice.

Now where did I put that torch (sorry flashlight).

11 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

On Royal, we can have any drink through $14 we want.  That's 4-6 daily!

Never compare the two lines that totally "p....s of Celebrity.

The X offer particularly for Elite plus is very different: a selection of alcoholic drinks at the Elite Breakfast every day, limited drinks from a special menu for 2 hours a day Plus unlimited speciality teas/coffees/ chocolate all day. For us this is a far, far better deal.

On 2/15/2023 at 1:38 AM, DaKahuna said:

If I remember correctly someone posted in another thread that it was on a single bottle, not each bottle.  I cannot recall ever using mine (Elite also get 20%) 

This is the thread I started with several different opinions:

6 hours ago, the penguins said:

Never compare the two lines that totally "p....s of Celebrity.

The X offer particularly for Elite plus is very different: a selection of alcoholic drinks at the Elite Breakfast every day, limited drinks from a special menu for 2 hours a day Plus unlimited speciality teas/coffees/ chocolate all day. For us this is a far, far better deal.

I'm calling BS on this!  They are sister lines; as consumers we compare cruises, like any other product.  The Diamond Lounge offers Breakfast every day, hot snacks & desert at dinner, as well as all day expresso. 

• Like 1

Just now, gkbiiii said:

I'm calling BS on this!  They are sister lines; as consumers we compare cruises, like any other product.  The Diamond Lounge offers Breakfast every day, hot snacks & desert at dinner, as well as all day expresso. 

"Modern Luxury," gets you less, that us Royal Caribbean "hillbillies!" 

5 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

We can all compare and having compared we make a choice. Royal owns Celebrity but the two brands have different offers and styles. If you expect the brand's to be the same you might as well compare them both with Silversea (also 100% owned by Royal). 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, the penguins said:

We can all compare and having compared we make a choice. Royal owns Celebrity but the two brands have different offers and styles. If you expect the brand's to be the same you might as well compare them both with Silversea (also 100% owned by Royal). When X introduced compolsary AI we dropped them and swopped to Royal and Princess. Now AI is optional (at least below Aqua) we are back on X. As always choice is good.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, the penguins said:

We can all compare and having compared we make a choice. Royal owns Celebrity but the two brands have different offers and styles. If you expect the brand's to be the same you might as well compare them both with Silversea (also 100% owned by Royal). 

Notice that Silversea offers a much better dining and overall guest experience, for a higher price-point.  Celebrity (unlike Azamara) claims to be a "Premium, Modern Luxury Line," yet freely chooses to "nickel & dime NCL style," while greatly reduce dining quality, yet greatly increases pricing at the same time.

This proves to be a total scam and can/should be compared, as Celebrity with Disney, Cunard, Oceania, etc.

On 2/16/2023 at 4:29 PM, cruisingjandb said:

We are first time elite too. Can you get a cappuccino in the coffee lounge in a to go cup. 

I carry an insulated coffee mug and had no trouble pouring my speciality coffee in it at the breakfast, waiter would offer to make another if I wanted it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

Also, I would expect better not worse, higher tier benefits on a "Premium Line."

Firstly Azamara is not owned by Royal.

Secondly wether Celebrity 's benefits are better than worse than Royal is subjective.

For us as Elite+ Celebrity's benefits are better.

240 minutes each internet is more flexible than Royals 24 hour blocks.

Unlimited speciality teas, coffees and chocolate in the Al Bacio are better than Royals "hit and miss" self serve latte in their lounge where we can only interact with other Diamond members.

We don't drink alcohol so the free canned water (enough for the next day) during the Elite "free" drink period) plus  a juice or 2 to take to dinner is fine.

Elite breakfast in Tuscan is superior to Royals in the Diamond Lounge.

Laundry benefit is non existent on Royal. 

It's all about choice. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2