Star of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

well I guess now that the shipyard has shed a few tears saying goodbye to ICON, they can now move onto STAR.  Wonder if lessons learned will make STAR build go faster.  Can't wait to hear the name of the third ship is class

My guess for the name of ICON 3 is ... Titan of the Seas

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

I tried but it didn’t work 😀. Just checked out the website OMG 😀! Wow on all the pricing through April 2026. 

Yeah I just saw the prices, I'm not paying that for a cruise to the carribean. I will take a nice land vacation to Hawaii instead lol!

Edited by mkdreams
  • Like 1

I actually didn't think the price was that bad (although I did get an ocean view balcony on Icon with three in a room for $1100 p/p back when bookings were first released). If anyone has been wanting or thinking about wanting to book Icon (or complaining about the prices of Icon), now is your time to book Star! I did a mock booking for Star with three in a ocean view balcony and it came to around $1700 per person. I will admit that's a bit steep for me and I probably wouldn't book at that rate either but it is still cheaper than what can be found on Icon today! Book early - you can always cancel. I don't usually book mega-ships but I am celebrating a birthday milestone next year with two best-friends and so we decided to go big and have a good time! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

Once again, Star of the Seas block inside the small building Hall at Meyer Werft.

📷 Jannik Pancke

staratmw2.jpg.5b468ae522cbf52ca12e7520a44398c7.jpg

Should follow this webcam apparently:

https://www.meyerwerft.de/de/unternehmen/webcam/index.jsp

Will be interesting to see how they get those blocks to Turku, by barge/tugs or open deck carrier?

3 minutes ago, Eremita85 said:

Today was apparently a keel laying ceremony, but I was late to the party, people had already left 🫣 Also note the flying block with part of the bow windows which will be located below the bridge.

Thanks for the update and photos. They are not wasting any time. She may be completed faster than Icon.

• Like 2

boy would I love to visit the yard for a day to watch.

Wondering who will be the captain and wondering what changes they will make to STAR based on first impressions of ICON.

thanks for the photo. I see MEIN is being built

But wondering what ship is inside the big building?  Is it a Princess ship?

10 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

boy would I love to visit the yard for a day to watch.

Wondering who will be the captain and wondering what changes they will make to STAR based on first impressions of ICON.

thanks for the photo. I see MEIN is being built

But wondering what ship is inside the big building?  Is it a Princess ship?

Yep they are building Mein Schiff 7 here in Meyer Turku. The other picture with the ship inside the hall is from Meyer Werft in Germany, they are building Silver Ray in there: https://www.meyerwerft.de/de/unternehmen/webcam/index.jsp

Edited by Eremita85

10 hours ago, Eremita85 said:

The other picture with the ship inside the hall is from Meyer Werft in Germany, they are building Silver Ray in there: https://www.meyerwerft.de/de/unternehmen/webcam/index.jsp

Every time I see pictures of Meyer Werft's Papenburg building it amazes me. The fact that a ship the size of Odyssey (and CCL's Excellence class, NCL's Breakaway Plus class ships) is actually built indoors is unreal. The pictures in that link are apparently the smaller hall 5. The larger building hall is 504m long (482m of interior dock), 125m wide and 75m tall, with an 800 ton crane. Odyssey is 347m long and 49m wide. So the building is well over twice the width, and half again as long as Odyssey. Amazing.

Not to mention the videos of the 22mile (36km) conveyance that ships built here have to do down the Ems to get to open sea. the Ems is not that wide in many places, nor is it really all that deep in spots either.

• Like 2