Gratuity not included

travel1light

Booked a sky suite for a cruise in April. Paid what I thought was in full at booking. Got an invoice 2 days later saying balance still due. Checking the invoice lines, an amount for gratuity was added which was the balance owed.  I paid it to keep my booking, but is this correct? I thought gratuity was included with suite booking.  Thanks. 

1 hour ago, travel1light said:

Booked a sky suite for a cruise in April. Paid what I thought was in full at booking. Got an invoice 2 days later saying balance still due. Checking the invoice lines, an amount for gratuity was added which was the balance owed.  I paid it to keep my booking, but is this correct? I thought gratuity was included with suite booking.  Thanks. 

Go back to your original booking confirmation.  Celebrity has changed back and forth, see if your original indicates if they were included.  Do you have drinks and wifi??

4 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

It hasn’t change for AQU and above 

With Celebrity as we all know there have been changes and glitches thus I told them to check their original booking.  If that shows the tips included or an AI code they should be able to get that refunded.  

14 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

With Celebrity as we all know there have been changes and glitches thus I told them to check their original booking.  If that shows the tips included or an AI code they should be able to get that refunded.  

Come on, do you really think the IT department would screw up 🤔😁

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Have you checked to confirm that the original gratuity amount billed and paid was correct to begin with?

bon voyage

First invoice didn’t have any of the perks on it, just the onboard credit. Second one had the drinks, wifi billed then credited. Tips billed but not credited.  Will call this morning and post an update. Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, travel1light said:

First invoice didn’t have any of the perks on it, just the onboard credit. Second one had the drinks, wifi billed then credited. Tips billed but not credited.  Will call this morning and post an update. Thanks

Based on what you have said, it does sound like there is a system problem which will correct itself in time...

Just a timing issue, I Am sure you checked your CP recently for any updates there, so a call is in order to confirm that the credit will be posted shortly and you will be re-imbursed for the extra paid.

bon voyage

Did you by chance get the Retreat from a move up bid?  With a move up bid you only get the amenities from the original booking.  Otherwise there must be a screwup by billing. As far as I know a suite booking has included gratuities with the premium AI since the Covid restart.

8 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Did you by chance get the Retreat from a move up bid?  With a move up bid you only get the amenities from the original booking.  Otherwise there must be a screwup by billing. As far as I know a suite booking has included gratuities with the premium AI since the Covid restart.

Do all suites have the premium drink package ? 

It's happened to two of my suite bookings.  The gratuities show up as a charge, when they shouldn't.  

They show up after the booking has been made.  The charge isn't on my original booking confirmation but then seems to magically appear.  I realize it when looking at the Cruise Planner and see a higher final payment amount. 

I call and explain the situation and it gets taken care of.   

🍹

• Like 1

Just now, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Do all suites have the premium drink package ? 

Unless in one from a move up bid from a non-suite, the AI included with Suites is for Premium drinks and Premium Wi-Fi. Also included are gratuities and an OBC, on our Apex cruise in September we have $800 OBC. If you are in a suite from a move up bid you only get the AI from the original booking, if AI was not booked with that booking you do not get it in a suite when you move up.

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure why Celebrity can't put this together on the initial booking but I always call 2 - 3 days later to get the second invoice with all the perks included. It gives them an opportunity to screw it up.

1st Invoice                           

image.png.be4c3cc3eb461a8f4df253bd4bed8898.png

2nd invoice

image.png.b4dcaff23eac6d7575a0ae0ad2cbe8c1.png

We were in a SS last Nov.   I looked at my invoice on the TV in the cabin and there was a daily fee for the gratuities.   I went to the host and ‘twas told that  not all suites get all of the perks.    I said that we did and she checked.   She left a message on our phone that there was a mistake in the computer and they would be adjusted.      It pays to check the invoice daily or every other day.   It didn’t show up the first 3 days and then was added on.   We checked daily after that.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

It's happened to two of my suite bookings.  The gratuities show up as a charge, when they shouldn't.  

They show up after the booking has been made.  The charge isn't on my original booking confirmation but then seems to magically appear.  I realize it when looking at the Cruise Planner and see a higher final payment amount. 

I call and explain the situation and it gets taken care of.   

🍹

They didn't show as paid on my initial booking, but after final payment, all was showing up the way it should. 

7 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I had one booking, since the COVID restart, that was made after final payment that did not book as an all inclusive and I paid for drinks, wifi, etc.