Royal Website Issues??

STEVE-O

It seems they broke my workaround for adding the C&A discounts to my pricing.  I can book cruises now if I don't sign in,  but if I sign in to my account I get the blank 'no cruises available' screen. 

At least RCI IT has solved one problem today.  People are so used to their endless website crashes and other glitches that most don't bother complaining about it in social media any longer.  This thread is the only instance I've seen of people online talking about the website today.

Mine isn't working. No cruises to the Caribbean or Canada this year. Glad to see after 3yrs. away from cruising Royal's website works as well as it ever did. Do you think they could have used their downtime during the pandemic to make a website that actually works?

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

I see a cruise that puts me in a 2 BR GS for about that price, too.

People complain about rising prices, but there are legit good deals out there if you book early.

I just picked up a 2 Br GS Navigator for 1300 pp all taxes and fees in.  🙂 You are right, there are deals to be had if you are flexible about the ship and date.  Premium times and premium ships will always have a premium price.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I just picked up a 2 Br GS Navigator for 1300 pp all taxes and fees in.  🙂 You are right, there are deals to be had if you are flexible about the ship and date.  Premium times and premium ships will always have a premium price.

I wonder what the guy that drives me down to PC will charge to drive me out to Calif?🤣

12 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Yeah, I just found a couple Navigator sailings where it looks like the JS and GS pricing is reversed.

1 hour ago, Toddcan said:

The deck 7 corner afts on the Freedom class are the largest balconies on the ship, except for the Royal Suites on the aft.  It's just a function of the design of the back of those ships. 

I will have to investigate then.

Our criterion is usually cheapest room with a window. Sometimes that's a balcony cabin and sometimes it isn't.  I did check out the Ben and Jerry's Sweet but it's not showing availability for our dates.

12 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I will have to investigate then.

Our criterion is usually cheapest room with a window. Sometimes that's a balcony cabin and sometimes it isn't.  I did check out the Ben and Jerry's Sweet but it's not showing availability for our dates.

Be aware that those cabins need at least 3 occupants to book.  Used to be 2 ppl could, but they closed that "loophole" a few years back

• Thanks 1

Website still super sketchy.  Sometimes I can filter with only 1 filter, but I pick 2, and zero cruises show up. Other times, there is nothing showing up at all.   It's like they have one server running in a broom closet and when it hits 50 ppl - no one else can connect.   I'm sure there are people noticing on the Royal end that avg daily bookings have taken a dive in the last 24 hrs. sigh

hey, I tried to help.. I suffered through ~ 10 minutes of talking to someone to let them know they have an issue.  Got transfered to buddy in tech support. I explained what I, and others have been seeing for ~ 24 hrs, and he fired up CruisingPower.com, and said he as no issues.   I mentioned that I'm not a TA, and he said.. ok, sorry.. we don't provide support for you guys.   

shrug.   Not sure what else to do but wait it out 😛

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Toddcan said:

I mentioned that I'm not a TA, and he said.. ok, sorry.. we don't provide support for you guys.  

shrug.   Not sure what else to do but wait it out 😛

There's a classic "company man" response to a customer.  "Sorry that's not in my job description".

4 hours ago, Toddcan said:

Be aware that those cabins need at least 3 occupants to book.  Used to be 2 ppl could, but they closed that "loophole" a few years back

You seem to know these rooms well.  Do all of the corner afts on Freedom class sleep the third person in an upper bunk over the head of the bed?  We booked 7408 on Indy for our kids (teen son, young adult daughter and her boyfriend) last year and ended up letting our linebacker size son sleep on the fold out couch in our Owner's Suite, as daughter and her boyfriend were scared to let him sleep above their heads.  

9 hours ago, SNemeth said:

You seem to know these rooms well.  Do all of the corner afts on Freedom class sleep the third person in an upper bunk over the head of the bed?  We booked 7408 on Indy for our kids (teen son, young adult daughter and her boyfriend) last year and ended up letting our linebacker size son sleep on the fold out couch in our Owner's Suite, as daughter and her boyfriend were scared to let him sleep above their heads.  

I am not sure, to be honest. I haven't booked these cabins since they put the 3-person min restriction.

2 hours ago, WeatherFx said:

I still can't get my C&A number to work for bookings. It doesn't seem to register when I put it in and still can't get any balcony discounts across all web browsers. Are others still having this issue?

As is usual with RCI IT, the customers have to figure out workarounds to get things to work. 

This works for me:  1.  Sign in to your C&A account.  2.  On the page showing existing bookings either scroll down to the bottom and select the "Plan Another Cruise" button or click on the RCI logo on the top left of the screen.  3.  Find the cruise you want to price and when the first booking screen opens, DO NOT OPEN any of the "apply promo code and exclusive rates discounts" links or enter your C&A number in them.  If you do it will kick out your C&A number like it you have happening right now.  I've also had problems if I enter other discounts like over 55, military, or select my state.  Sometimes entering those will break things and sometimes not.  4.  You should then see the balcony discount and if applicable the DP340 rate when you get to the total price screen.

Edited by Anton
correction

On 2/16/2023 at 5:15 PM, Husky1987 said:

Yeah, I just found a couple Navigator sailings where it looks like the JS and GS pricing is reversed.

I saw that and booked a GS solo for $2300.   

The solo cost for the owners suite was $3100 and $6300 for the Royal suite.

On 2/18/2023 at 7:00 AM, WeatherFx said:

I still can't get my C&A number to work for bookings. It doesn't seem to register when I put it in and still can't get any balcony discounts across all web browsers. Are others still having this issue?

My TA was told the C&A discount is not combinable with the current promotion. Doesn't sound right to us......