Reflection Revolution Date

plank

8 hours ago, plank said:

Is there any recent info on when reflection goes in for revolutionizing? We have been on her so many times recently and love her. can't wait to see her gget an interior facelift! Peggy

Howdy @plank

Your thread has been moved to a more correct forum where it will be on topic.

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat 

The revolutionizing of ships was put on indefinite hold when cruising was shut down.  There are 5 unrevolutionized ships and there is been no schedule announced for restarting.  It probably will be awhile as there is still a lot of debt from the pandemic.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, wildcats40 said:

The web site says the Reflection is scheduled for refurbishing in 2023. Is that different than the revolutionizing that you are asking about?  

Different They ships have to go through a periodic maintance dry dock mostly for the Azipods to be refurbished, hulls scraped and repainted etc.   Usually they also use this period to refurbish some of the interior soft goods,   remediate rust  and paint the ship. 

If I recall the Maintenance Refurbish is 1 week to 10 days while the revolution was in the range of a month.

Reflection was in Marseille Dry dock on October 22 - which is when she got her current Blue Hull paint job.

image.thumb.png.58c44d890c9ab1521c0cfa24164873d0.png

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

What would be the main differences someone who is not in the Retreat or suites would notice between revolutionized and non-revolutionized S-class? We were on the Reflection in January and will be again in November because we loved the ship so much. Hoping that eventually getting revolutionized doesn't mean we would lose some of the things we fell in love with. 

2 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

What would be the main differences someone who is not in the Retreat or suites would notice between revolutionized and non-revolutionized S-class? We were on the Reflection in January and will be again in November because we loved the ship so much. Hoping that eventually getting revolutionized doesn't mean we would lose some of the things we fell in love with. 

A new craft social bar, new decor everywhere (lots of gray) and the ability to use your phone as a room keycard

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

If you not in a suite there is not much change in the cabins. - new colours, new drapes without the "nets", new bed. Everything else the same - no new power outlets or usb points. Bathrooms unchanged, same shower doors etc.

Rocking chairs around the spa pool and in the Sky Lounge. Craft Social is lighter and more of a sports bar (lots of screens). Extra bar outside of the theater. Cafe Al Bacio unchanged.

I lounge moved next to Deck 5 - old space becomes  cabins.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, the penguins said:

If you not in a suite there is not much change in the cabins. - new colours, new drapes without the "nets", new bed. Everything else the same - no new power outlets or usb points. Bathrooms unchanged, same shower doors etc.

Rocking chairs around the spa pool and in the Sky Lounge. Cellar Masters is now Craft Social - lighter and more of a sports bar (lots of screens). Extra bar outside of the theater. Cafe Al Bacio unchanged.

I lounge moved next to Deck 5 - old space becomes  cabins.

8 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

A new craft social bar, new decor everywhere (lots of gray) and the ability to use your phone as a room keycard

I was surprised they didn’t put in a Craft Social Bar in October as I think it would have probably been a better money maker compared to Wine Cellar Master ( is that the right name 🤔

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wildcats40 said:

The web site says the Reflection is scheduled for refurbishing in 2023. Is that different than the revolutionizing that you are asking about?  

There's no telling what that means, and it may mean something later this year than it does today.  They may be doing some of the rooms, or they may be converting Michael's to Retreat Lounge or adding Retreat Sundeck, or they may be replacing Cellar Masters with Craft Social and doing nothing else. There are a number of ships that are partly revolutionized.

2 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I was surprised they didn’t put in a Craft Social Bar in October as I think it would have probably been a better money maker compared to Wine Cellar Master ( is that the right name 🤔

I don't think it was there long enough to do that much work.  It would have been nice, though.  I quite enjoyed Craft Social on Equinox, but Cellar Masters is a pretty dead area on Reflection.  Of course, Craft Social carries forward the current trend of "better to look good than feel good" with some of its seating.  The bar stools were designed by an A-1 sadist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We were on the Reflection last year from Rome in a Sky Suite. From conversations on board with senior officers, the earliest if ever she will be revolutionized is 2025. It is all about having the cash reserves to do this and being able to take her out of service for at least a month. Celebrity and RCL has so much debt from the pandemic that will need to be paid down before major refurbishing of the unrevolutionized fleet can happen. The Reflection was still in excellent shape last year and we enjoyed our Retreat experience in Luminae and Micaels Club. Many cruise lines have had to postpone major refurbishments for the same reasons as Celebrity.

2 hours ago, DCPIV said:

I don't think it was there long enough to do that much work.  It would have been nice, though.  I quite enjoyed Craft Social on Equinox, but Cellar Masters is a pretty dead area on Reflection.  Of course, Craft Social carries forward the current trend of "better to look good than feel good" with some of its seating.  The bar stools were designed by an A-1 sadist.

I never seen Craft Social yet does it have its own kitchen ? 
The bar and seating area could easily be done in a 10 days since they are probably working 24/7 

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I never seen Craft Social yet does it have its own kitchen ? 
The bar and seating area could easily be done in a 10 days since they are probably working 24/7 

19 minutes ago, 39august said:

Craft Social is a bar, no kitchen. 

Craft Social does have food, but I doubt it has a dedicated kitchen.  I'm not sure where the food is prepared, but the one on Reflection backed right up to Sushi on 5.  I suppose their hot food came from the same galley.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DCPIV said:

Craft Social does have food, but I doubt it has a dedicated kitchen.  I'm not sure where the food is prepared, but the one on Reflection backed right up to Sushi on 5.  I suppose their hot food came from the same galley.

Not possible. Craft Social/Cellar Masters is on Deck 4, Sushi Bar on Deck 5