All your P&O dress code comments and queries.

jomf

1 minute ago, gmac00 said:

My wife keeps telling me this 😬......I'm just a stickler for rules and don't like breaking them. I also like to be comfortable on holiday so it's a fine balance!

That's a smart look. 

We like to follow the rules, but as long as the outfit is smart, I'm sure nobody will bat an eyelid. 

It's when boundaries get pushed too far that eyebrows are raised. 

'Designer' doesn't always mean smart... 

Andy 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, gmac00 said:

My wife keeps telling me this 😬......I'm just a stickler for rules and don't like breaking them. I also like to be comfortable on holiday so it's a fine balance!

The very fact that you care about this tells me that you will be fine. It’s a lot more relaxed than it used to be. When we first started cruising, on formal nights the overwhelming majority of gents wore proper dinner suits with the remainder wearing tuxedos. Very few just wore a lounge suit. Now the latter seems to be far more common than a proper dinner suit. When we were on Iona we went to the 710 Club on a formal night and it struck me that I was the only chap in there wearing a dinner suit.

Also, it’s worth keeping in mind that some people can wear the official dress code but very badly and still look very scruffy. Whilst younger generations tend to ‘dress up’ differently from how us older ones do, IMHO they can look far smarter and tend to make far more effort. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

At long last I have reached he dizzying heights of Caribbean. What is the dress code for the mid cruise Loyalty Lunch? I seem to remember seeing people in suits and cocktail dresses at midday but not more recently. 

While we are not up there yet we did see people on our recent Iona cruise going to the special lunch and all were nicely dressed with many jacket and tie outfits and ladies who definitely looked like they lunched. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, FangedRose said:

At long last I have reached he dizzying heights of Caribbean. What is the dress code for the mid cruise Loyalty Lunch? I seem to remember seeing people in suits and cocktail dresses at midday but not more recently. 

I wore chino's and smart shirt on Aurora in September. Our lunch was quite casual with a few dressed up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FangedRose said:

Smart casual.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Smart casual.

Agree. As I recall it the dress code was indicated on the invitation as Smart Casual, which I interpreted as being anything which would be accepable in the main dining room on other than a Black Tie night. I usually wore chinos and an open necked shirt, although I recall that I once wore a plain (ie, non logo) tee shirt without comment.

Edited by Denarius
clarification

Smart casual is the designated dress code, so the same things you would wear on a non formal evening.

• Like 1

Smart casual is perfect. I normally wear a summer dress if it’s warm or trousers and a nice top if cooler. I’ve always enjoyed the loyalty lunches and the wine generally flows quite well……

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FangedRose said:

As others have said, the dress code is smart casual. 

• Like 1