MDR table request. Email unanswered

gavvy

12 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Last cruise on Odyssey in December the response was a copy of the official assignment itself, even had a table # on the document.  So we knew 2 weeks before boarding exactly where our table was.  I have never in 28 cruises not had a response of some kind.  I would post the document they sent here but I've already deleted it from my cruise confirmation file.  We used to back in the day sit at large tables of strangers, it was fun then for a while, but it slowed down our meals so much because of casual conversations,  we never finished.  After we got to be Emerald or so, we just quit that and from that day on have always requested and always had them honored with an email and I got that email addie right here on these boards, then collected others for the individuals I gave addies for.  We do cruise with cruise buds often and at one time 16 members of family reunion and RCCL always delivered.  Don't understand why those of you who haven't gotten results are having this problem...all I can report is our experience.

Did you have to split your group into two tables of 8?  I’m hoping my group of 12 will be accommodated at one table when we sail on the Odyssey next month.  We have traditional late dining. Thanks for providing the addresses so that I can make my request in writing.  Any recommendations for a particular dining area or location is appreciated.

Yes but they were back to back and we just switched chairs every night to get to visit with everybody, the two tables were at the back of the lower dining room and at the window, very good location and quiet.  I wouldn't bank on a 12 top.  And anyway, how can one converse at that long a table without yelling!

12 hours ago, artvlay said:

What is the email address for Celebrity table assignment?

It has been some time since I sailing with Celebrity. Thank you 

For Celebrity: Domy Valdes 

dvaldes@celebrity.com                              Restaurant Mngr: Fabio Scaglione
Dining Room Administrator for.
                                  fscaglione@Celebrity.com
Celebrity Reflection
Celebrity Equinox

Celebrity Solstice

Edited by BecciBoo

3 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Yes but they were back to back and we just switched chairs every night to get to visit with everybody, the two tables were at the back of the lower dining room and at the window, very good location and quiet.  I wouldn't bank on a 12 top.  And anyway, how can one converse at that long a table without yelling!

This is also how we handle it. We almost always cruise with friends/family, sometimes as many as 12 people. We used to all sit at one table but found it impossible to have a conversation with everyone. We now request tables no larger than 6. When we have 2 tables, we move around and sit at different spots with different people from our group each night.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 6:31 PM, gavvy said:

Sent 2 emails now to the rcldining address requesting a table for 2. No answer received.

Is there another email or another way to request a table for 2?

They don't always respond the same way to your requests.  I think it's because different dining teams (different ships) handle them differently:  

- When we cruised Explorer in October I emailed about a specific, unique dining need.  Their team responded ASAP and gave us exactly what we needed.  

- When we cruised Indy in December I emailed about the same specific, unique dining need.  No one answered, and we were assigned to an MDR table that didn't work for us.  Once on board, I went to the MDR ... supervisor? and he immediately switched us to an ideal table.  They definitely took care of us, but that two-weeks-ahead email was wasted effort.  

Having said that, I have a "cruise template" that I made for us -- it includes our checklist of "must dos" and our packing list.  I still have a line item for "Email MDR dining team", but my expectations are lower now.  

20 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

This is also how we handle it. We almost always cruise with friends/family, sometimes as many as 12 people. We used to all sit at one table but found it impossible to have a conversation with everyone. We now request tables no larger than 6. When we have 2 tables, we move around and sit at different spots with different people from our group each night.

On my December 4 Oasis sail there was a large table of at least 16+ diners set up.  Early traditional dining on the 4th deck dining room and set up as you enter the restaurant.  You could not miss it as you enter or exit.  

On 2/20/2023 at 3:51 PM, funfetti said:

Has anyone received a response from rcldining in the last 10 days? The OP and I are examples of at least two people experiencing total silence. I too received a response 9 months ago, and my post is RCLs answer from today for why it won't be honored.

Maybe it is bunk! I hope it's bunk!  I wish I had the same experience as you, but I just have a string of unanswered emails and that bunk from their phone "dining team" customer service today 

I have not had a response for a table request either... Cruising 3/5

On 2/21/2023 at 8:15 PM, welovetahiti said:

Did you have to split your group into two tables of 8?  I’m hoping my group of 12 will be accommodated at one table when we sail on the Odyssey next month.  We have traditional late dining. Thanks for providing the addresses so that I can make my request in writing.  Any recommendations for a particular dining area or location is appreciated.

I would try for a large table on the second or third level along the balcony railing.  A table for 10 is as large as they get, but we had a table for 6 and they let two more sit in.  As others have said it is almost impossible to converse at a very large table. 

I'd like to give credit to Royal: they did fix our dining time before our sailing. We didn't receive an email about it, it just showed up in the app.  It's a huge relief to not have to start off a vacation pleading with customer service.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2023 at 1:53 PM, BecciBoo said:

Here is my go to email addies, they have never failed to reply but 2 weeks out seems to be a good time:

Team Lead Dining AffairWhere Administration

Mona Gutierrez <mgutierrez@rccl.com>  

or

Marlene Prieto

Administrator, Restaurant Operation
Food & Beverage Operation
(305)539-6000  |
mprieto1@rccl.com

mprieto1@rccl.com doesn't work anymore, it seems that the email doesn't exist anymore, and rcldining hasn't answered a request In months.

It worked in December, my last cruise and again, they sent the actual page with seating arrangement..  Checking it out right now.  She may have vacated that position.  Sent an email, no invalid notice as yet after 10 minutes.

I also use this one: NV_RestaurantOperationsCoordinator@rccl.com  The initials at the beginning are for Navigator, you use initials of the ship you are cruising, but not all of them are straight forward, you'll have to try a few... I know some of them.  Usually the first letters of the ship.  But I wouldn't try that method until a week or two before you go

I.E.:

Use abbreviations of ships name I.E. VG for Voyager etc.

MR Mariner

RA Radiance

FR Freedom

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Thanks 1

Just got this from Mona Gutierrez so guess Prieto is no longer with them  Reply was within a couple hours,....as usual.

Hello,

I have been OOO last week , but yes I am still here.   Dining request can be send to rcldining@rccl.com as well. It will be distributed to the correct agent handling the specific ship.

Thank you

Mona Gutierrez

Team Lead Dining/AffairWhere Administration

Royal Caribbean Group

T 954 628 9349 | mgutierrez@rccl.com

royalcaribbeangroup.com

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/20/2023 at 12:54 PM, molly361 said:

It took me 2 emails but I did receive a response from them last week and my request for a table for 1 was honored . I booked through a travel agent

WHich email address did you use? Thx! 

On 2/21/2023 at 11:15 PM, welovetahiti said:

We regularly sail with a group of 10-12 people and have found it to be a lot better if they split us into two tables. With that many people you cannot have any conversations you are out of earshot of many people.   Two smaller tables work a lot better.  We just rotate who sits at each one every night.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...