Check the cost of Beverage Packages today

Today is national Margarita day -- weird, huh? 

Anyway, Royal is offering the Beverage Package BOGOHO today only ... so for our October cruise the Beverage Package is $65.99 + 18% tip = $77.86/day, which extrapolates into $545.08 for the week.  BUT with BOGOHO, that's $817.61 total for a couple.  Figures out to about $58/person/day.  

Still a pile of money for drinks, but less than usual.  Again, today only:  Wednesday, February 22, 2023. 

Edited by Mum2Mercury
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Anyway, Royal is offering the Beverage Package BOGOHO today only ... so for our October cruise the Beverage Package is $65.99 + 18% tip = $77.86/day, which extrapolates into $545.08 for the week.  BUT with BOGOHO, that's $817.61 total for a couple.  Figures out to about $58/person/day.  

Still a pile of money for drinks, but less than usual.  Again, today only:  Wednesday, February 22, 2023. 

Did you actually put it in your cart?  Ours was down to $75.99 a day/per person, but that IS the BOGOHO - so about $1075 with tax for 2 for our Oct 6 night.

Don't pay attention for percentage off, BOGOHO, etc.  They always play around with the base price.  I have seen so many people cancel so they can buy it cheaper, only to realize that it's actually more--and there's no way to go back to the price they had before.  Also, people get confused by the pricing when it says things like BOGOHO in the banner, and shows the price as something like $65.99.   Be aware, that is the final sale price, but before gratuities.  So many think that is the starting price and they'll get BOGOHO off of that price.  Always put it into your cart, go all the way to checkout to see what the true, final cost will be. If you've already purchased, you should be able to see the price--just be aware of the things I mentioned above.  Or see if someone on your roll call hasn't purchased it and can double check the final price for you.  

Edited by rockmom

17 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Don't pay attention for percentage off, BOGOHO, etc.  They always play around with the base price ...

You're right, but I hope everyone would be smart enough to "do the math" before buying.  For us, this is the best price we've seen (recently, I mean).  Doesn't mean that's true of every cruise.

2 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

You're right, but I hope everyone would be smart enough to "do the math" before buying.  For us, this is the best price we've seen (recently, I mean).  Doesn't mean that's true of every cruise.

I think a lot of people who might be new to Royal, or cruising in general, end up being the ones who get caught in something like that.  But no matter what, with Royal, ignore percentages and looking at the actual, final dollar amount is always the way to go.  You could do a search on these boards for the phrase 'fuzzy math' and there would be hundreds of them, lol.  

11 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I think a lot of people who might be new to Royal, or cruising in general, end up being the ones who get caught in something like that.  But no matter what, with Royal, ignore percentages and looking at the actual, final dollar amount is always the way to go.  You could do a search on these boards for the phrase 'fuzzy math' and there would be hundreds of them, lol.  

Yeah, doesn't matter what company you're talking about ... final dollar math is the only way to go.  

Makes me think about buying a car: 

Me:  I only want to talk about the final, total, out-the-door price. 

Salesman:  Okay, what kind of monthly payment are you comfortable with? 

Salesman:  I see, but you must have a price range in mind. 

Me:  This car.  I only want to talk about the final, total, out-the-door price. 

Salesman:  And do you have a trade in?  

Salesman:  And let's go ahead and talk about financing first.  Let's be sure you qualify.  

Me:  Dude, I can do this all day -- I only want to talk about the final, total, out-the-door price. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, ngrund said:

Is the price showing in the planner including tax/gratuity, I can't add to cart until I cancel

There is no tax.  18% gratuity is added when you proceed to check out.  So take the pp pd price you see, and add 18% to see what your final price will be.

3 hours ago, ngrund said:

by my calculations today's "deal" is actually more $ than what I already paid a while ago (also buy 1 and 50% off 2nd) for March cruise

You don't need to calculate.  The per person per day price is right there in your Cruise Planner.

3 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

Current price is $65.99. I have it in my cart at $59.99. I'm solo so BOGO stuff doesn't apply....

If you never checked out at $59.99, you don't have that price.

They do let you have the "bogo" price when solo.  

6 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

No. If you read the fine print the BOGOHO price already has the discount factored in. So it would be $545.08 times two. 

3 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

Current price is $65.99. I have it in my cart at $59.99. I'm solo so BOGO stuff doesn't apply....

Is it still in your cart or did you purchase it? Your purchase price will automatically go to whatever the current price is when you actually pay.

11 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

There is no tax.  18% gratuity is added when you proceed to check out.  So take the pp pd price you see, and add 18% to see what your final price will be.

You don't need to calculate.  The per person per day price is right there in your Cruise Planner.

If you never checked out at $59.99, you don't have that price.

They do let you have the "bogo" price when solo.  

yep by calculations i just meant I simply took the current price as shown x 14 added 18% and it came to more than I already paid

31 minutes ago, jakenzie32 said:

When I go on the web or the app it is only showing 30% off for me. I have a 5 day cruise booked. I selected both cruisers and went to cart and checkout and it remained at 30%. What am I missing?

It is just how Royal Caribbean does their "dynamic pricing" strategy. Offers are different for each cruise ship and date. So someone on Allure of the Seas will pay $65.99 one week, and the person on the following week for the same ship might pay $75.99. Only keep track of the per person per day cost. Do not bother with their percent discount as its all marketing. 

I'm on the Oasis in 18 days. On November 25th I purchased the drink package for $72.99. It was the BOGO 50% off sale. Today the offer is BOGO 50% off but for $75.99. What a deal.

Oh! Don't forget to add 18% to that number.

• Like 1

Last week, I purchased the Deluxe Beverage Package for $67.99 per person per day.  Today, it was $59.99, so I canceled the previous purchase and repurchased at the lower price.  For a five night cruise in November on Voyager of the Seas, I saved about $100 for two of us.  I haven't seen it lower than $59.99 in several years.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, billandsue said:

Last week, I purchased the Deluxe Beverage Package for $67.99 per person per day.  Today, it was $59.99, so I canceled the previous purchase and repurchased at the lower price.  For a five night cruise in November on Voyager of the Seas, I saved about $100 for two of us.  I haven't seen it lower than $59.99 in several years.

Saw low $40s during Covid, but lot those Ships never Sailed...