Live From the Royal Princess March 2, 2023 Mexican Riviera Cruise

Woobstr112G

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Welcome Back, and thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

Woobstr112G was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Good morning all from Prescott Valley Arizona. Well I'm back. After a tad over three year hiatus Holli & I will be embarking on the Royal this Thursday for a r/t Mexican Riviera cruise out of San Francisco.  I decided to start this thread a few days early out of excitement and so I could start compiling a list of questions anyone would care to post. For our pre cruise plans, we are staying Wednesday night at the Hotel Riu in San Fransisco.

We are super stoked to be sailing as I stated earlier that this is our first cruise since Jan/Feb 2020. We first sailed on the Royal back in 2013 for the inaugural transatlantic. For this voyage we will have one of those PH suites on the Riviera deck. I put in an upgrade bid for one of the aft suites but alas, it looks like I didn't get it. 

That's all for now. Please feel free to fire away with any questions you may have. Only about 49 hours till wheels up for San Francisco.....

Bob

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, CruzinNoony said:

Bob, I was thinking about you just a couple of days ago and now, here you are sailing once again!  I will be following your "live from".  

Thanks. It's been too long since I'walked the decks of a Princess ship.....

Bob

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

We first sailed on the Royal back in 2013 for the inaugural transatlantic.

That was a great cruise we sailed together…hope you’re enjoying your new location to reside which must be better than previously.

Have a great cruise & welcome back to cruising! 😊

Bob, I've been thinking about your live blogs and remember your pre-pandemic Sky adventure! Thanks for being so generous with your time. Hope you have an amazing time on the Royal! 

10 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

Only about 49 hours till wheels up for San Francisco.....

A fitting number that is. Should be a good omen!

• Like 1

Good morning all. Well it's the day before wheels up. It's currently just before 0600 here in northern Arizona. I probably got about three hours of decent sleep. The reason is pretty simple as I am just too darn excited about getting on a cruise ship the day after tomorrow.

Not much on tap today other than taking Holli to a hair appointment later and then to Dillards to make a final purchase. After that we are going to hang out with our Golden Retriever Bailey since we will be leaving him tomorrow.

One thing I'd like to mention is that even though Holli & I are experienced cruisers, I feel like a newbie in some aspects. My packing was definitely not as smooth as with previous cruises. I'm sure it will be just like riding a bike as we hopefully start cruising regularily in the future.....😉😉😉

That's all for now. Hope all have a great day.....

Bob

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

That was a great cruise we sailed together…hope you’re enjoying your new location to reside which must be better than previously.

Have a great cruise & welcome back to cruising! 😊

Hello Frank. So nice to hear from you. Hope all is well with you and yours. Holli & I are enjoying our new digs in Northern Arizona. Me probabaly a little more than her.....

Bob

8 hours ago, like2cruise said:

Have a great cruise!  We are sailing Royal in April for my birthday.  Could you please post the nightly menus from the main dining room.  It would be extremely helpful to determine when to book our specialty restaurant!  Thanks in advance!!

I'll do my best. I heard recently that Princess has changed the MDR menus. I am interested to see what the new menu has to offer.

Bob

• Like 1

8 hours ago, snoozecrooze said:

Bob, I've been thinking about your live blogs and remember your pre-pandemic Sky adventure! Thanks for being so generous with your time. Hope you have an amazing time on the Royal! 

A fitting number that is. Should be a good omen!

We are so looking forward to this cruise. Having to wait three years since the Sky Princess cruise was way too long. 

Bob

p.s. I just realized the number correlation thing.....😉🙂😉

7 hours ago, waltd said:

Hi Bob

Just wanted to know how Holli is doing?   Jak and I wish the both of you a great trip.

Joe

Hello Joe. Hope you and Jax are doing well. Holli's mobility issues are an ongoing issue. She's a real trooper and also is very much looking forward to this cruise.

Looking forward to meeting you and Jax soon on a Princess ship.....

Bob 

44 minutes ago, CruisinLow said:

Bob,

You and Holli go and have a wonderful time. I know you will once you get to the great weather in Hawaii. I am jealous but have many cruises to look forward to myself.

Bon Voyage.

Hello Ann. Thanks for the Bon Voyage wishes. Hawaii isn’t until October (Hopefully). This is a Mexican Riviera itinerary…..

Bob

45 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

Hello Ann. Thanks for the Bon Voyage wishes. Hawaii isn’t until October (Hopefully). This is a Mexican Riviera itinerary…..

Bob

So sorry. I hope the weather gets better for you the further south you go. I am fairly certain at your old house in S. Ca, they had snow. But the mountains look fantastic now. Postcard worthy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, martinitime1 said:

We will be on the Royal in April, take good care of her. If you had a chance, perhaps you could indulge me with a few pics of the current Tissot offerings on board. DW approved a new Swiss made for my birthday.😁

Will do. Holli is a watch person so I’m sure we’ll be paying a few visits to the watch store…..

Bob

12 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

Will do. Holli is a watch person so I’m sure we’ll be paying a few visits to the watch store…..

Bob

Thank you, I have been looking at one of their PRS 516 sport watches with the Powermatic 80 movement. I am hoping they are carrying those on board.

Tissot PRS 516 Powermatic 80 - T1314301104200 | TissotTissot - PRS 516 Watch, 42mm

9798429A-1F4C-4BE3-AC81-465D3AE72F91.thumb.jpeg.cedea930d2b994759be0cafaade367be.jpeg

Good evening all from Prescott Valley. I got my cases all packed and staged for our drive to Phoenix tomorrow to catch our flight to San Francisco. I must say that Holli surprised me in only asking me to pack a couple of her items in my luggage. Now all I have to do is relax till my sister drives us to Phoenix tomorrow morning.

Probably won’t get much sleep tonight as I’m way too excited. Only about 15 hours till wheels up for San Francisco…..

Bob

• Like 3