I hope this Oceania CC site is indicative of the passenger makeup.

Nashna

43 minutes ago, hmorrow said:

I have really enjoyed this thread. Our first time on O will be in May, on the Regatta, up the coast of California, and Ensenada.

We’re not new to cruising, or CC, and are currently on HAL, as I write.

We’re really looking forward to the food and the size of the ship, as well as the clientele.

We were in port today with the carnival Mardi Gras- almost 6000 people😱, or should I say spring breakers……Got off and then got right back on. Made 2500 seem small. Lol

But seriously, we’re so looking forward to the demographics of the O ships.

Thanks for all of your input.

I hope the Regatta meets your expectations. We prefer the Riviera, as it's larger without being overwhelming.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rbtan said:

I hope the Regatta meets your expectations. We prefer the Riviera, as it's larger without being overwhelming.

Yes, I know it’s small, but it fit our needs at this point in time. We were on that class ship when it was renaissance .

I’m sure it will be fine….

On 3/13/2023 at 6:26 PM, rbtan said:

As Oceania is a sister line to Regent, think of it as "Regent Lite"! A little less exclusive, but I think you'll feel right at home.

Thank you. While we enjoyed Regent in the past, their current price point doesn't allow us to travel as much as we would like. However, I am confident we will enjoy Oceania based on our friends' enthusiasm for O and the positive CC posters. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, hmorrow said:

I have really enjoyed this thread. Our first time on O will be in May, on the Regatta, up the coast of California, and Ensenada.

We’re not new to cruising, or CC, and are currently on HAL, as I write.

We’re really looking forward to the food and the size of the ship, as well as the clientele.

We were in port today with the carnival Mardi Gras- almost 6000 people😱, or should I say spring breakers……Got off and then got right back on. Made 2500 seem small. Lol

But seriously, we’re so looking forward to the demographics of the O ships.

Thanks for all of your input.

We're looking forward to our first-ever Oceania cruise next month! Never been on a ship this size before, and happy to try it out. We are comparatively younger than the typical demographic (me: 59, wife 47), and no kids. Plus we both still work, I think lots of people on Oceania are retired. But I know we'll find things to talk about.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

We're looking forward to our first-ever Oceania cruise next month! Never been on a ship this size before, and happy to try it out. We are comparatively younger than the typical demographic (me: 59, wife 47), and no kids. Plus we both still work, I think lots of people on Oceania are retired. But I know we'll find things to talk about.

Typically, the shorter the cruise, the younger the clientele.  On one of our first cruises, a 10-day Panama cruise, our dining assignment was with two WW2 veterans and their wives.    There was almost a 40-year age difference between us.  The age difference didn't matter as we enjoyed listening to some fascinating stories about their service.  

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

What a nice thread.  We haven't booked yet, but are looking.  We are Celebrity Elite +, but that is losing steam.  Have traveled on a few "R" ships before, even when they were Renaissance.  Like the size and the clients.  We have a sailboat so small heads (with showers) are not a problem.  😁

Thank y'all for your inputs!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Quietquail said:

Hi Neighbor, I’ll let you know our experience as we are sailing in September, several O cruises and looking forward to this new ship, 

Looking forward to hearing all about it.

• Like 1

we are also looking forward to our first O cruise, on Regatta next year. 

Although we're Brits we prefer a mix of nationalities - our favourite part of last year's Cunard cruise was sitting with a couple of fellow Brits, a New Zealand couple, and a wonderful couple from the US at dinner. At 60 we just fit the age demographic 😀

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Chuckling at this thread....  

As a LONG time member of Cruise Critic (who remembers AOL dial-up?!) 😲, I am very familiar with the various boards.  I've often said that in a "blind test", I could probably identify which cruise board I was reading in less than five posts! 😅 With that said, here's my first post on O, (having just booked the Regatta) and this board is quite delightful!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I agree this is a nice thread, and it matches my observation of this forum as compared to others I've participated in on CC.  We too will be going on our first O cruise, on the Vista as well, but not until 2/24.  We have a Celebrity cruise scheduled for the fall, and most recently tried Virgin for something new and different.  I suspect the contrast between Virgin and O will be striking to put it mildly, as V is definitely geared towards a 20-40 something crowd and has a somewhat "racier" vibe to it.  I am assuming O doesn't have an ice cream parlor onboard with the name "Lick me till Ice Cream" like Virgin does ;).  As a couple in our early 60s, we are probably in that tweener age group...but good people are good people regardless of age, and if this group is any indication, we will love Oceania.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CruisinShips said:

I am assuming O doesn't have an ice cream parlor onboard with the name "Lick me till Ice Cream" like Virgin does ;).  As a couple in our early 60s, we are probably in that tweener age group...but good people are good people regardless of age, and if this group is any indication, we will love Oceania.

😄  No Oceania  is more subdued  than Virgin I am sure

Maybe not  as lively  as you may want  just  depends on what you like

Food is subjective  but  we have not gone hungry on Oceania  yet  😉

Always seem to bring home a few lbs  extra

Enjoy

• Like 2

I had heard Virgin was on the wild side.  The Ice Cream shop name indeed confirms it.  A friend of mine sailed them recently and had your reaction as well.  Richard Branson is not known for being subtle.  On our Celebrity roll call in January, one poster suggested we play a "key" game onboard one night.  The poster was asked to explain the game.  Crickets.  The only response a few days later was, "Celebrity is not Virgin."   

In fairness to Virgin, the food was very good, the crew was great, and the suite perks (called Mega Rockstars) were excellent.  We only had to fight off all of the swingers who had a tough time taking no for an answer.  That part was tiring.  😉

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CruisinShips said:

In fairness to Virgin, the food was very good, the crew was great, and the suite perks (called Mega Rockstars) were excellent.  We only had to fight off all of the swingers who had a tough time taking no for an answer.  That part was tiring.  😉

That is too much!  Although we have never sailed on O., I'm quite confident that we will not encounter swingers on their sailings.  

5 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

I don't know why you would be confident of that.  

Ok...Let me rephrase my statement.  I'm confident I will not have swingers chasing me on O.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Nashna said:

That is too much!  Although we have never sailed on O., I'm quite confident that we will not encounter swingers on their sailings.  

You may not know  if they are on board 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

You may not know  if they are on board 😉

This thread is making me laugh.  I cannot remember the last time I was “hit on”.  I can’t imagine I would be insulted and report the masher (p.s. dated reference to make my peers laugh and you youngsters google it).  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, julia said:

Chuckling at this thread....  

As a LONG time member of Cruise Critic (who remembers AOL dial-up?!) 😲, I am very familiar with the various boards.  I've often said that in a "blind test", I could probably identify which cruise board I was reading in less than five posts! 😅 With that said, here's my first post on O, (having just booked the Regatta) and this board is quite delightful!

Welcome Aboard our board!😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, muggo11 said:

This thread is making me laugh.  I cannot remember the last time I was “hit on”.  I can’t imagine I would be insulted and report the masher (p.s. dated reference to make my peers laugh and you youngsters google it).  

The scary part  for me is  I DO remember  the last time  & it was many many years ago 

OMG I am old 😲

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...