Solstice Mexican Riviera March 4th-11th...Finally...let the saga...ahem, I mean live review begin!

Georgia_Peaches

Checking Google maps if your plane lands on time and you get luggage by 2pm and in your taxi it shows regular traffic should have you at the port no later than 3 pm.  I show on our ap all aboard at 3:30pm 

• Like 1

My TA has reached out directly to the ship.  They provided her with the shoreside Emergency Team number and advised me to call them and explain the situation.  I spoke with Miguel of the Emergency Team and he informed me that due to other passenger layovers, the latest check in time has been pushed back from 2:30 to 3 PM.  It seems our flight out of Dallas is still on time so with any luck and continued star alignment, we will be back in the air in just over an hour...

• Like 12

What a epic journey.   One which none of us would like to repeat.   Good luck.  

Hopefully you will get your luggage quickly and get to the pier on time.   I'm guessing traffic won't be too bad at the 1PM time.     From working in the are the normal time from the airport to the Pier is between 25-45 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you decide to go the Regular Uber/Lyft/taxi route, the LAXit facility is across from Southwest.  On the arrivals level turn left, it is roughly a 5 minute walk depending on the signal.  The shuttle is much slower as it has to go around the loop.

There are separate ranks for Uber, Lyft and taxis.  Usually first come first serve.  The Uber/Lyft app gives a code which you give to the driver.  

As others said, some of the premium Uber/Lyfts are licensed to pick up in the loop.  At least the Uber app will have a flag that says Curbside Pickup. 

Thankfully Saturday midday shouldn't be too busy at LAX and the 405/110 should be okay barring an accident.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BOB999 said:

Thankfully Saturday midday shouldn't be too busy at LAX and the 405/110 should be okay barring an accident.  

We do this a lot from an airport hotel.    Should take about 30 minutes or so to do the drive.  

• Like 2

You're making the right call by using UberBLACK at LAX. You may want to also message the situation to your driver while waiting for luggage and have him/her be ready to step on it.

Edited by Nado44
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the support everyone. We are on board a completely full flight. DH at the front of the plane, me at the back. Honestly, I’d buckle up in the lavatory if it means getting there on time. Pilot says we will arrive on time. Uber black is all set. I will communicate with him when we land. Time for wheels up!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1