Anthem engine issues this week

9 hours ago, MaddyandMax said:

My parents are on the ship right now.  Port Canaveral is being skipped.  They haven't heard anything about the other ports.

No we are in Port Canaveral now. Gangway is down for less than 2 hours. We needed to stop here for supplies. 

• Thanks 1

Vessel finder shows 5 pm today arrival to Nassau.

Thanks in advance to those onboard this week and next etc who keep us updated to what is being advised.  My sailing not until 3/26....I'm good with a cruise to anywhere...just want vacation...no cooking or cleaning or office / work.

20230308_054356.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gavvy said:

Only real cutback I have seen on board is no lays in 270. Room service only .wonder if I can order 20 ))(

Did you ask for chips at the salad bar area of 270?   Usually have to ask, haven't seem them sitting out on any of 2022 cruises on Anthem.

4 minutes ago, LINDAE3213 said:

Thanks in advance to those onboard this week and next etc who keep us updated to what is being advised.  My sailing not until 3/26....I'm good with a cruise to anywhere...just want vacation...no cooking or cleaning or office / work.

20230308_054356.jpg

We are also on the 3.26 sailing.  I don't mind skipping PC but our son and DIL would be upset if we didn't arrive in Nassau by early afternoon as they have snorkeling plans.

Hopefully they have issue fixed soon.

1 hour ago, LINDAE3213 said:

20230308_054356.jpg

Is that 5pm UTC time? that means Noon Bahamas time. 

We're on the this Sunday's sailing (March 12). The good thing about this itinerary is that even if PC is delayed/eliminated, Nassau and CocoCay are in very close proximity, and should have less of a delay. Nassau to CocoCay is 60 miles away. Even at 15 knots (17 mph), it will take less than 4 hours to make that leg.   The leg from PC to Nassau is about 300 miles, so Nassau could be delayed. 

For us, missing PC and being late for Nassau is an irritation at best. I'll just sit on my balcony relaxing more. 

• Like 2

Hope the passengers on Anthem are taking this well.  I always say that ships are machines and sometimes machines break down.   I am on the March 12th trip so am hoping all goes well with repairs.  Have to be able to use all my green for the 17th!!  Katherine 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Hope the passengers on Anthem are taking this well.  I always say that ships are machines and sometimes machines break down.   I am on the March 12th trip so am hoping all goes well with repairs.  Have to be able to use all my green for the 17th!!  Katherine 

See you on board! 

10 minutes ago, mets123 said:

The revised time, not the original.

Interesting we are on the Anthem on the 19th, same itinerary and the Anthem is due to arrive at Nassau at 12pm on our cruise , hence my question.  Been that way for months.

Did you post originally to show that they have “caught up” and are now back to the original planned itinerary times on the current cruise, despite the propulsion issues ?

23 hours ago, Toddcan said:

We're on the this Sunday's sailing (March 12). The good thing about this itinerary is that even if PC is delayed/eliminated, Nassau and CocoCay are in very close proximity, and should have less of a delay. Nassau to CocoCay is 60 miles away. Even at 15 knots (17 mph), it will take less than 4 hours to make that leg.   The leg from PC to Nassau is about 300 miles, so Nassau could be delayed. 

For us, missing PC and being late for Nassau is an irritation at best. I'll just sit on my balcony relaxing more. 

Please consider that they might also have to leave last port earlier to arrive back in Bayonne on time…

Edited by Saab4444
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lady Hudson said:

Any update?  Getting to NJ on time this Sunday?  A bit anxious here.  Katherine 

Anthem is currently sitting at CocoCay - as per schedule.  They start the long haul back to Bayonne later today - so we will see. 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2023 at 7:08 PM, JsMom2 said:

No we are in Port Canaveral now. Gangway is down for less than 2 hours. We needed to stop here for supplies. 

I see on cruisemapper, that the Anthem is doing 18 knots.  It also says arrival at Bayonne at 8am Sunday, which (if accurate) would be a 2 hour delay.  Any word from anyone on board?

On 3/7/2023 at 9:33 AM, MaddyandMax said:

My parents are on the ship right now.  Port Canaveral is being skipped.  They haven't heard anything about the other ports.

Any word from your parents on the arrival time on Bayonne. CruiseMapper shows 18 knots, with a 2 hour delay - not sure how accurate CruiseMapper is on the ETAs

19 minutes ago, Toddcan said:

I see on cruisemapper, that the Anthem is doing 18 knots.  It also says arrival at Bayonne at 8am Sunday, which (if accurate) would be a 2 hour delay.  Any word from anyone on board?

If they are showing a delay, yet making 18 knots, there is still a power generation problem, as the Gulf Stream should be adding 2-5 knots to the ship's speed, so if she was at full speed, she should be doing 20-21 knots.

Just now, chengkp75 said:

If they are showing a delay, yet making 18 knots, there is still a power generation problem, as the Gulf Stream should be adding 2-5 knots to the ship's speed, so if she was at full speed, she should be doing 20-21 knots.

that's what I would have though too, but there is a nother RC ship heading north that is doing 18 knots too.. but I think that might be headed to Baltimore - different distance

41 minutes ago, Toddcan said:

Any word from your parents on the arrival time on Bayonne. CruiseMapper shows 18 knots, with a 2 hour delay - not sure how accurate CruiseMapper is on the ETAs

They touched base with me this morning but didn't say anything about a delay.  So either they don't know about a delay or they don't want me to know because I'm watching their dog 🤣

• Haha 1