Premier Pass package

WVU-79

2 minutes ago, Murex said:

So the package is showing up for me again after being completely removed from the website. It's listed as sold out, but it's there. What a mess they've made of this.

If nothing else, it's been kind of entertaining. 🤔

Was just able to put it in my cart and go all

the way through the checkout process (stopped short of actually purchasing)

• Haha 1

So on Twitter RC are saying it was a mistake, and people who purchased it will be refunded.

Yet 20 Minutes ago, RC customer service were still telling customers it’s legitimate and will go ahead 😂🤦‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by Donsyb
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

I love the smell of entitlement in the afternoon....

They literally advertised it and sold it for over a day. That’s not entitlement, it’s disappointment and frustration. Why should the consumer think it is too good to be true if the call centers and IT didn’t?

The fault lies on them regardless, they should have a change management or QC process around pushouts of anything being sold to the public. Pretty bad. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Was just able to put it in my cart and go all

the way through the checkout process (stopped short of actually purchasing)

Wow. Interesting. I thought from the beginning it was a glitch they couldn't/wouldn't honor, and everyone would be refunded (not that I didn't rush to buy it myself!), but now I have no clue how things will end up. I need a bigger bowl of popcorn. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

They literally advertised it and sold it for over a day. That’s not entitlement, it’s disappointment and frustration. Why should the consumer think it is too good to be true if the call centers and IT didn’t?

The fault lies on them regardless, they should have a change management or QC process around pushouts of anything being sold to the public. Pretty bad. 

I agree that the fault lies with RC. There was an obvious mistake made. However, the entitlement comes in when people who admittedly said they knew this deal was too good to be true, now feel entitled  to receive this deal. 

I have no pity for people that try to take advantage of an obvious error and then cry victim. 

• Like 7

I mainly grabbed it since the Key wasn’t a great value and I haven’t been able to justify upgrading our cabin but had looked at the anniversary package in the gifts & gear but don’t need the food items. I wouldn’t use all that was in this package but the tour would be neat and the internet a true deal, and priority on/off!

that said, I won’t be disappointed either if it gets taken away! I was bummed I had no cruises booked during the DBP $18 fiasco so enjoyed at least “getting in on” this one 🙂

Edited by ShillyShally
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, deliver42 said:

If it's an error, then it's an error. I fell for it too, but get over it. It's not the end of the world.

Well I cancelled my internet that I had purchased at a terrific price. I expect to have it reinstated at that rate if this package is not valid.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Not feeling “entitled” here but I purchased this in good faith.

If it is an error, so be it but, hey I understand . I do feel that at the very least the internet package I purchased long ago at a decent price and then cancelled for this should be reinstated at the price I purchased it at. I shouldn’t lose money for their mistake 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, twinmommy08 said:

Looks like Premier Pass is available in the China market. 

The page doesn’t load when you click it but it exists somewhere. Google has it cached. 

90F7EAA5-8132-4063-9D3A-851120E488C0.jpeg

I think that's something different. Note the search result is "Royal Premier' not "Premier Pass"

26 minutes ago, beerme1 said:

Ah well sob. I saw this last night and thought too good to true and procrastinated. Ready to do it tonight and it's sold out. Damn it.

I don’t think you missed out on anything. Based on the initial feedback, sounds like it won’t be honored or at least not in its entirety.

For those rightfully concerned about cancelling the internet packages in good faith, I can’t remember if it was here or another forum like RC blog, but someone posted that they called RC and they were able to reinstate the internet package at the original price paid. 

Whatever comes of this, hope all of you enjoy your upcoming cruises. 

Edit to add that I too thought I bought a grand deal last night, but am fully expecting it to be cancelled and refunded. Either way, we will have a great cruise!!!

Edited by SV1432
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, RRTcruiser said:

If it is an error, so be it but, hey I understand . I do feel that at the very least the internet package I purchased long ago at a decent price and then cancelled for this should be reinstated at the price I purchased it at. I shouldn’t lose money for their mistake 

Agree with you. They confirmed my purchase and charged credit card. Will be interesting to see how this matter is handled.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, RRTcruiser said:

I fully agree that this is royals fault and they should refund the purchase of the premier pass and reinstate any purchases that were cancelled at a lower price. However, I cannot support those that think they should get the original deal because it was always too good to be true and an obvious mistake.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, beerme1 said:

Ah well sob. I saw this last night and thought too good to true and procrastinated. Ready to do it tonight and it's sold out. Damn it.

Nah...you're lucky.  It's not actually sold out.  It was just an error and doesn't really exist.  Even if you had jumped on it and bought the package last night you would just be waiting for your refund after the cancellation.

Edited by Tiggerontheseas

Was never listed on my planner or I would have jumped on it. But honestly anyone with half a brain could see it was obviously a mistake. I would have expected it to be cancelled, which it looks like they're doing. I mean if your Cadillac dealer advertises a new Escalade for $8,999 instead of $89,999 you expect them to honor it?  And this is not can of soup at the local supermarket where they honor a mispricing. So basically nothing gained nothing lost IMO.

Edited by nferr
  • Like 1

They make mistakes like this all too often. A loss of faith is what I'm having. It's a three ring circus run by clowns. This really should be a total embarrassment to them. And the executive's that get paid way too much money to let a massive mess like this happen. Has Ford or Toyota ever accidently advertised a car for a buck, No. Yet this company has a history of these kinds of mistakes. This is not a first or even a second for them since 2020. How they handle this will speak volumes. I have time and money tied up in plans and my faith in this company to provide a good experience is definitely at an all time low. All I can think is what's next? If they can't get a website right, what chance does food, entertainment, safety, etc have. Not feeling good about my choice of cruise line. Money spent and too late to back out. A rotten state of mind to have weeks before a trip. Thanks for that Royal Caribbean.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

if it were in the wrong portal, why did RCI customer service people answer people's questions about it?

And why it’s only $89.98 for PAC and a guest. I guess Celebrity has more money than Royal. 😜

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UNCFanatik said:

I fully agree that this is royals fault and they should refund the purchase of the premier pass and reinstate any purchases that were cancelled at a lower price. However, I cannot support those that think they should get the original deal because it was always too good to be true and an obvious mistake.

And at what point do you think Royal should be held accountable for their “mistakes”? It’s not like this is a one off. If they’re going to run their business like a bunch of incompetent cowboys, fine, but why should customers be penalised for that?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nferr said:

Was never listed on my planner or I would have jumped on it. But honestly anyone with half a brain could see it was obviously a mistake. I would have expected it to be cancelled, which it looks like they're doing. I mean if your Cadillac dealer advertises a new Escalade for $8,999 instead of $89,999 you expect them to honor it?  And this is not can of soup at the local supermarket where they honor a mispricing. So basically nothing gained nothing lost IMO.

Actually there is legal precedent for them having to honour it.

Anyone remember the Hoover free flights fiasco? We studied it in marketing at university as an example of a promotion gone badly wrong - but legally they had to honour it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, UNCFanatik said:

I agree that the fault lies with RC. There was an obvious mistake made. However, the entitlement comes in when people who admittedly said they knew this deal was too good to be true, now feel entitled  to receive this deal. 

I have no pity for people that try to take advantage of an obvious error and then cry victim. 

You probably have no skin in the game.  Are you telling me that if you saw such a special that you would simply ignore it.  I'm amazed by your and others reaction.  Those that have booked this are being called delusional, betting against those that have booked or close to being crooks by taking advantage of this so-called deal. 

During the Labor Day Weekend the "Key" was being advertised as $14.99 pp/pd.  In your mind this was an error but guess what it was real and saved us a lot of money.

Edited by nelblu
  • Like 8

50 minutes ago, Donsyb said:

Actually there is legal precedent for them having to honour it.

Anyone remember the Hoover free flights fiasco? We studied it in marketing at university as an example of a promotion gone badly wrong - but legally they had to honour it.

But courts ruled that Pepsi didn't have to honor its "free jet" in its Pepsi points campaign.

• Like 1