Taxi fare from port to Nachi Cocom, Cozumel

JTBCruiser

• JTBCruiser changed the title to Taxi fare from port to Nachi Cocom, Cozumel

Be careful of the taxi drivers.  The price per car load to go to Nachi is clearly printed on the clapboard outside the port/terminal (where you hail the taxi).  This last one upped the price over the listed price, which we did not catch until too late once I thought about it when we got back and I glanced at the sign again.  

From now on I will repeat/clarify with the driver as I get into the taxi as to the listed price.  

Edited by island lady

4 minutes ago, poocher said:

If you google taxi fares in Cozumel, you should find the posted fares.  I believe Nachi is $18.00

here you go

983832A1-FA4A-47B1-983B-27D80CA2CCB2.jpeg

Yup, that's the one.  Our driver charged the two of us 20 bucks, one way.  And I ignorantly gave him a tip on top of that.  😕

Edited by island lady

24 minutes ago, JTBCruiser said:

So it was only $6 per person?  That sounds really low as I remember paying over $20 a year and a half ago. 

it's not per person, $18 one way period, 3 of us FIT in the cab

As stated prices are clearly listed on a board at EACH pier - there is a slight variation. Take a photo.

There are no per person prices - it is per vehicle, depending on size of vehicle BUT if there are two of you and the next vehicle at dispatch is a mini van you should pay the rate for up to 4 people, that is why you should ALWAYS check the price with driver before leaving and to really cover the bases, take a photo of taxi # in case you forget  something or have a dispute.

If there are 2 of you and you stop a taxi on the street they can charge the going rate for the vehicle size, you can decline and wait for a sedan, or negotiate!

The biggest usual scam for taxis from the port is to charge the 4 person rate per couple in a shared vehicle. You should arrange to share the price with your new friends while in line! 

Alternatively walk onto the street, avoid the line at dispatch and take your own vehicle. Prices are cheaper away from the port. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Are the fares to return to the pier the same?

Usually, maybe a $1-2 difference. There is usually a price board at tourist destinations otherwise assume yes and check before you enter taxi.

• Thanks 1

On 3/13/2023 at 6:04 PM, Hawkstar33 said:

$20 with tip for 2 one way.   Just did it

This was us in December and will be again this coming December.

I think it was $18, so the two of us just planned on a $20 each way.

• 7 months later...

I've only docked at Puerta Maya, but always assumed the price would be the same since they are literally right next door to each other.

If they charge a penny more in the fares, that would be criminal for a 100 yards difference.

• Thanks 1