Another itinerary change R319

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Yorkypete said:

So will you buy a ticket for my  pop concert in Hyde Park. They are only £50 for a two day event and if (or when) the Authorities say I cannot hold the event, (which I know I can't) then I will refund your money. Until the authorities say NO it is still on. Happy with this as it is exactly what P&O are doing?

Bless your resilience but what happened to only watching?

Actually on this point I had an extremely expensive VIP ticket for Coldplay at Wembley last year, purchased in advance months before.  Unfortunately the tube drivers announced a strike on the day I was due there.

Three days before the concert it was cancelled and moved due to the London Mayor's office not granting a safety certificate.  For large scale events such as this and Glastonbury apparently safety certificates are issued maximum 72 hours before an event as being planned months and even years in advance circumstances can and do change (as has happened with Palma).  I received a refund, took 48 hours and then I had to join the bunfight for a ticket at Manchester or Cardiff for this year.

Not fraudulent at all?

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Yorkypete said:

They do know it will be cancelled as it is against the new laws. As for my Jet2 going bust, I think P&O will beat them to it.  The flights have no relevance to CRUISE critics.

New laws but the port has not done anything about it if anything they may find a way round or decide to break the law. P&O and other companies won’t do anything till it’s definitely cancelled by the port. It’s business.

Flights are part of a cruise hence I talk about them. Some of us pay extra for the flight…..

If you think it’s Fraud do something about it. Will look forward to seeing that nothing will happen.

Edited by carlanthony24
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

Bless your resilience but what happened to only watching?

Actually on this point I had an extremely expensive VIP ticket for Coldplay at Wembley last year, purchased in advance months before.  Unfortunately the tube drivers announced a strike on the day I was due there.

Three days before the concert it was cancelled and moved due to the London Mayor's office not granting a safety certificate.  For large scale events such as this and Glastonbury apparently safety certificates are issued maximum 72 hours before an event as being planned months and even years in advance circumstances can and do change (as has happened with Palma).  I received a refund, took 48 hours and then I had to join the bunfight for a ticket at Manchester or Cardiff for this year.

Not fraudulent at all?

But it was not sold to you knowing it would be cancelled!. If it was then that is fraud. Anyway it would appear that I am wrong. I apologise for being old fashioned and expecting what I purchased being forthcoming.  P&O are wonderful  and should never be mentioned on a critic forum, only on one that praises there every move. So long and good luck.

50 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

New laws but the port has not done anything about it if anything they may find a way round or decide to break the law. P&O and other companies won’t do anything till it’s definitely cancelled by the port. It’s business.

Flights are part of a cruise hence I talk about them. Some of us pay extra for the flight…..

If you think it’s Fraud do something about it. Will look forward to seeing that nothing will happen.

My last comment on this. It is obvious that I am wrong expecting what I pay for  and am just being old fashioned. I apologise for criticising P&O who are a wonderful and fair organisation. The people on here (all 68 of them who follow this blog) are wonderful, truthfull and have no complaints against P&O. Good luck to you all.

6 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

My last comment on this. It is obvious that I am wrong expecting what I pay for  and am just being old fashioned. I apologise for criticising P&O who are a wonderful and fair organisation. The people on here (all 68 of them who follow this blog) are wonderful, truthfull and have no complaints against P&O. Good luck to you all.

Bye bye.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

But it was not sold to you knowing it would be cancelled!. If it was then that is fraud. Anyway it would appear that I am wrong. I apologise for being old fashioned and expecting what I purchased being forthcoming.  P&O are wonderful  and should never be mentioned on a critic forum, only on one that praises there every move. So long and good luck.

You seem offended, sorry if you think I'm being difficult.  My point is anything sold years or months before can be cancelled.  The excursions go on sale up to 365 days out - I've several booked with Celebrity for Christmas already - but you cannot guarantee the event/cruise will go ahead. Airlines release flights in blocks, they don't guarantee they'll definitely fly etc.

It cannot be described as fraud, it can be described as inconvenient but nothing in life is positive except death and taxes.  P&O are far from wonderful, anymore than any other company but it's unfair to criticise them constantly when you have stated you don't wish to do business with them.  I would never fly with Ryanair because I dislike Michael O'Leary personally, I don't however go on forums saying his product is crap or arguing with those who use it just for the sake of having a dig at him.  It would be fruitless and frankly downright silly to think I could change everyone to have my opinion.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, carlanthony24 said:

They are allowing three cruise ships a day now apparently. Three due into Palma today. Looked at a some news articles. So seems like they will be okay now. 

But only one of those 3 can be a “mega ship” I.e over 5000 passengers 

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

But only one of those 3 can be a “mega ship” I.e over 5000 passengers 

19 May still showing Arvia, Celebrity Edge and MSC Seaview. If they aren't letting Arvia in they're leaving it very late to tell P&O unless P&O already know and haven't told the passengers.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, carlanthony24 said:

They are allowing three cruise ships a day now apparently. Three due into Palma today. Looked at a some news articles. So seems like they will be okay now. 

Oh dear that will really disappoint YorkyPete.😇

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

19 May still showing Arvia, Celebrity Edge and MSC Seaview. If they aren't letting Arvia in they're leaving it very late to tell P&O unless P&O already know and haven't told the passengers.

This will be interesting as Arvia and Seaview both have a similar capacity at just over 5000, as Seaview is home porting there then they will get first dibs. I wonder whether if either of the ships are below 5000 on a particular sailing  whether the rule reverts to the 3 ship rule?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Oh dear that will really disappoint YorkyPete.😇

Now why will it disappoint me?  The rules I quoted still apply. If one of the ships is the MSC giant then Arvia will not be allowed in. Simple.Only one ship over 5000 passengers allowed. As Megabear says it may well be that P&O have not told the passengers yet. If two are allowed in I don't know what the consequences as regards breaking the new laws will be.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

This will be interesting as Arvia and Seaview both have a similar capacity at just over 5000, as Seaview is home porting there then they will get first dibs. I wonder whether if either of the ships are below 5000 on a particular sailing  whether the rule reverts to the 3 ship rule?

From my understanding reading the new rules it is capacity NOT the current number of passengers.

I'll let you know!  Meantime I've booked  me trips Gov!  We shall see where we go. I quite fancy the overnight in Ibiza my July Britannia has offered.  I fancy the rave in bubbles ...

Edited by Megabear2
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

I know the Arvia Easter cruise got into Palma, fingers crossed for you.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

I'll let you know!  Meantime I've booked  me trips Gov!  We shall see where we go. I quite fancy the overnight in Ibiza my July Britannia has offered.  I fancy the rave in bubbles ...

We will be taking the train over to Soller in June.

• Like 2

On 4/18/2023 at 7:58 PM, Megabear2 said:

Is this the 14 May departure due Palma 19th - that's the one I'm on.  Port schedule actually shows Seaview, Edge and Arvia in port that day so assumedly we won6 be going.

Hi, Megabear, Any news about Palma cancellation yet, it is getting very close to 14th now.

19 minutes ago, Kittyonions said:

Purplesea, I’m sure the ports of call for the Arvia cruise are only a minor concern for you. Fingers crossed that your consultation goes well, and look forward to seeing you onboard!

Thank you. As I don't know yet how I will be travelling up to Southampton due to the train strikes, I will finally relax when I get on board. I'll be the one with the look of relief and a large drink in hand😄

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Thank you. As I don't know yet how I will be travelling up to Southampton due to the train strikes, I will finally relax when I get on board. I'll be the one with the look of relief and a large drink in hand😄

It’s a glorious feeling when you and your luggage are on board with a drink in hand.

Have a wonderful time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1