Another itinerary change R319

Host Sharon

6 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

Getting late to change now, perhaps they have got around the rules

No idea! I'm not bothered if we don't make it into Palma as I have been several times before, in fact I will be happy to go somewhere else.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, purplesea said:

No idea! I'm not bothered if we don't make it into Palma as I have been several times before, in fact I will be happy to go somewhere else.

Me too as my father retired to Majorca so know it well. Would love to see Minorca on itinerary but maybe the port there is too small? Ibiza is nice but not in Winter when everything closes down. 

58 minutes ago, purplesea said:

As long as it is somewhere else not a relaxing day at sea ...

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, bee-ess said:

It looks though Arvia is in Palma today.

It it there with Seaview and Celebrity Edge - so 2 ships with over 5k passengers have been allowed in, I thought that the rules say that is not allowed.

According to Cruisetimetables, MSC carries 4034. According to wiki-whatsit, 4132 at double occupancy and 5119 maximum. Maybe they work off normal/double operating capacity?

• Like 1

I can confirm we are here and it's very crowded indeed.  3,000 odd Americans mixed with 4,000 or so mainly Germans, French, Italians and 6,200 Brits is making an interesting diversion.

Lots of shuttles and tour buses of the MSC ship so clearly not just a turn around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

I can confirm we are here and it's very crowded indeed.  3,000 odd Americans mixed with 4,000 or so mainly Germans, French, Italians and 6,200 Brits is making an interesting diversion.

Lots of shuttles and tour buses of the MSC ship so clearly not just a turn around.

Must be awful.  We do not tend to cruise in the Med in the summer, but even months like Oct are very busy now.  We are not on any of the cruises due to call at Palma, but TBH if we were, we would much prefer to go to another port which is hopefully less busy.  Even a ship like Arvia turning up at a port alone is horrifying  enough for us, as she alone would cause crowds in most ports.

Enjoy the cruise Megabear,

Barbara   

34 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Crowds with Azura back in March same sort of time we just sat down and enjoyed the view across the bay. Everyone wanting to get back for lunch and afternoon tea.

We'd all.just like to get back ... The queue is growing and time is moving.  Never mind tea I've got a 6.15 dinner and that's in doubt if this carries on!

• Like 4

God, sounds awful.  I remember one stop in Dubrovnik when there were 4 ships in.  It was so crowded in those little street, you could hardly move.  Our ship (Fred) wasn't leaving until 10pm, so we went back ashore for a drink about 6.45 and it was just lovely.  Hardly anyone around and a chap came and played the piano.

• Like 2

Returned from a cruise on Ventura, 35 nights. Itinerary was originally La Coruna, Bermuda (overnight), Freeport Bahamas, Cozumel, Rhoatan, Belize, New Orleans (two days, Key West, Miami, Port Canaveral and Punta del Garda. Several weeks before departing we were informed that Key West was deleted, then when heading for Bermuda was told the weather wouldn't allow us to dock. Mind you, that was 4 days before arrival. I questioned if the Captain had a crystal ball. Due to the length of time the US authorities took for immigration into New Orleans we lost the morning and some passengers most of the afternoon also. We didn't do excursions in either Rhoatan or Belize and felt both a complete waste of time. It was put to me by P&O that had other ports of call been available other than Bermuda they would have taken them in. I questioned this as due to a medical emergency we had a passenger leave the ship and I believe we could have docked in Bermuda on the return journey from Port Canaveral. I say this as it took 6 days to get to Punta del Garda and a further 3 days to get to Southampton. Whereas I have been on cruises to the States where it has only taken 5 days to get back to Southampton. Could this have been due to Ventura arriving at Southampton for the outbound journey 5 hours late and instead of a departure time of around 17.00 hours we didn't leave Southampton until 23.30 hours ?

On Arcadia now & just been informed that due to the ongoing,but improving ,bug problem we are dropping Villefranche & overnighting in Barcelona,great the 2 ports we really booked the cruise for we Gonraltar & South Of France,now we have lost both!😡

27 minutes ago, snaefell said:

On Arcadia now & just been informed that due to the ongoing,but improving ,bug problem we are dropping Villefranche & overnighting in Barcelona,great the 2 ports we really booked the cruise for we Gonraltar & South Of France,now we have lost both!😡

What ongoing bug problem? On Arcadia or ashore?

3 minutes ago, CarlaMarie said:

Gastroenteritis onboard. It has been a problem for a little while I believe, it has been mentioned in many comments and reviews. 

Probably if Villefranche new of the problem they refused the boat berthing. It is norovirus rather than gastroenteritis.