Azura March 2023 Live Blog

carlanthony24

21 hours ago, wowzz said:

Don't you just love it when the chef recommends........Pie !!

Fine dining at its best. 

I was going to post something similar. I really enjoy a good pie - but Chef's Recommendation...😱

3 hours ago, Britboys said:

I was going to post something similar. I really enjoy a good pie - but Chef's Recommendation...😱

If a chef is recommending pie then it must be Pukka , he's not going to give you any old pie .

The fine diners amongst who are in the know would check the tin foil colours . Black for steak.

Gold for chicken & mushroom 😋 I'm with chef on this one ,. I'm wondering what his thoughts

are on pot noodles :classic_unsure:

• Haha 10

After leaving Cadiz we went to the MDR Food consisted of the Singapore chicken Satay and the 6oz sirloin steak, steak & kidney pie and roast duck breast extra chips and veg were brought out for us.

Azura set course for the Gibraltar Strait and continued east towards Valencia at an average speed of 14knots. Sea was calm through the night and stayed the same throughout the day 19 degrees.

Food in the MDR consisted of Asian Platter and Tomato soup. Mains included slow-cooked beef rump extra meat was brought out with vegetables.

Frankie Valli tribute artist Rob West in the playhouse so we went along to the show, back home we have seen the Four Seasons and they were amazing. Rob West was no exception absolutely amazing and received a standing ovation must go and see him. He will be doing a complete different show in Manhattan in a couple of days time.

Today we are in Valencia. Arrival 8am all onboard 5:30pm departure 6pm. Temperature 17 degrees not a cloud in the sky. Shuttle bus in operation and chargeable same cost has the previous ports. The shuttle takes around 30-40 minutes depending on traffic to the Calle Guadalaviar. It is around 6km away. At the moment their is a quite a queue for the shuttle. This is our first visit to Valencia so decided to catch the shuttle and do our own thing. Mum loves to collect shot glasses for every place we have been too. 

Headliners Theatre Company with Reel To Reel always a good show to watch.

For the second time this cruise clocks will go forward 1hour to GMT+2 we will still be an hour ahead of the UK since the UK will also put their clocks 1hour ahead.

Tomorrow is Palma De Mallorca.

517E4BCE-1A8D-4BD0-B46E-7056330E301D.jpeg

07D6D64B-B2CA-488E-B616-16814D52183A.jpeg

DF863079-9106-4554-BC25-4C4525FC5C03.jpeg

9B8BBB94-C681-4E25-9981-CFAFCFA58AE3.jpeg

A709793F-F745-4579-B0C6-4AB0B2B62B4F.jpeg

53B4B737-1907-4CB8-89A5-C274E44442F0.jpeg

335EF687-D630-41BF-9F24-539C17C1DAF0.jpeg

3A1F5EC7-2552-477C-AD3F-BCA88CD79943.jpeg

08E54629-A49C-45CF-9E47-4CF80E42FFD5.jpeg

BF7BC22C-28A3-4D17-AD87-6C5817A4FE64.jpeg

C67B1C99-5622-4139-9BA2-737EA3805E73.jpeg

82354A3C-6467-4DEC-AF15-2762FFFBC2FB.jpeg

F7F10199-C800-46DF-8548-32DD12F51F99.jpeg

5886F347-4B43-4DAF-BB2A-FF72C33B96AC.jpeg

174E5625-DC29-492F-B949-A91A8CD093C1.jpeg

CE4AF592-242A-4E74-97DA-0FAD3FAADF35.jpeg

1968A312-DE35-4045-8518-720118D409EC.jpeg

Edited by carlanthony24
  • Like 4

Not really sure to be honest. Has long as they taste good that is the main thing. Not had a bad meal yet.

Forgot to mention. A couple requested a table for 2 not shared. They were told they were being given a table of 4 but set up just for them, they still complained and decided to carry on complaining while eating.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, kalos said:

If a chef is recommending pie then it must be Pukka , he's not going to give you any old pie .

The fine diners amongst who are in the know would check the tin foil colours . Black for steak.

Gold for chicken & mushroom 😋 I'm with chef on this one ,. I'm wondering what his thoughts

I can imagine the conversation in the kitchen...Chef..Sir..this is the best pie that you have ever created..a pie magnifique, truly remarkable....followed by a round of applause.   This must be recommended to the discerning diners on Celebration night so that all can enjoy.....then it gets dissed on cc by folk who will never get to taste it....typical🤔🥮

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Not really sure to be honest. Has long as they taste good that is the main thing. Not had a bad meal yet.

Forgot to mention. A couple requested a table for 2 not shared. They were told they were being given a table of 4 but set up just for them, they still complained and decided to carry on complaining while eating.

That's good to hear 🙂 

Re the couple --- some people love to travel to moan.

We've had a table for 4 just for us and were more than happy - no waiting and more space !

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

That's good to hear 🙂 

Re the couple --- some people love to travel to moan.

We've had a table for 4 just for us and were more than happy - no waiting and more space !

Totally agree we get given a table for 6 on occasions. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I can imagine the conversation in the kitchen...Chef..Sir..this is the best pie that you have ever created..a pie magnifique, truly remarkable....followed by a round of applause.   This must be recommended to the discerning diners on Celebration night so that all can enjoy.....then it gets dissed on cc by folk who will never get to taste it....typical🤔🥮

If it's that good it will stay on the menu .So never say never ! :classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, kalos said:

Fray Bentos for us...

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I've gone back and had a closer look at the menus in the MDR, and there seems to be a lack of fish. I've seen salmon once. 

Avril

Are you looking in the right plaice ?

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I've gone back and had a closer look at the menus in the MDR, and there seems to be a lack of fish. I've seen salmon once. 

Avril

They are quite fast those salmon. You will spot a lemon sole quite easliy.

• Haha 1