Trouble Booking Shore Excursions

2inTul

Is there a trick to booking shore excursions or is the website having issues?  When I go to "Complete Transaction" it will not allow me to enter any credit card information. The credit card field is gray and noting can be entered.  I thought I'd ask here before I call just to see if there is something special I need to do.  Wiggle my nose, snap my fingers or click my heels three times!

11 minutes ago, 2inTul said:

Is there a trick to booking shore excursions or is the website having issues?  When I go to "Complete Transaction" it will not allow me to enter any credit card information. The credit card field is gray and noting can be entered.  I thought I'd ask here before I call just to see if there is something special I need to do.  Wiggle my nose, snap my fingers or click my heels three times!

They make it complicated. I've found that sometimes I miss clicking something at one of the steps. But it could be a website issue; those usually get resolved fairly quickly.

1 hour ago, 2inTul said:

The charge goes automatically onto the credit card that you used to book the cruise.  I do  not remember ever having to enter credit card info at the point of booking an excursion.  Perhaps if you go your account, you can change the card info.

33 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

The charge goes automatically onto the credit card that you used to book the cruise.  I do  not remember ever having to enter credit card info at the point of booking an excursion.  Perhaps if you go your account, you can change the card info.

You most definitely need to put in a credit card. That is the problem I am having...the credit card screen is gray-ed out, and it just says "we have a problem with that credit card", please add another. But it is gray-ed out, you can't type anything.

• Like 2

i've been having this problem (credit card # greyed out) since the weekend.

I was able to pay/book excursions just last week but when weekend came, wasn't able to check out (gifts or excursions, i wanted to buy internet..wish i had purchased when it was 109.99 instead of 127.99) but thats another thing

hoping they get this sorted out, don't really want to call and speak to them, it always takes too long and i much prefer doing it myself

I thought it might be their credit card processor that was down so I tried to make a payment on a cruise I have booked for next year and it let me enter the credit card info there so I guess that's not it.

BTW: Shore Excursions 1-888-425-9376 or 1-206-626-7320
Monday - Friday 7:00am to 4:00pm (Pacific Time)

I had this problem too.  I was using Chrome and then tried Firefox.  I was able to complete the transaction on Firefox.  So my advice is to try another browser.

I did find I had to click on the credit card field once (got no response) then I clicked again and only then was able to enter my card number.  I didn’t have another excursion to book so I couldn’t try that in Chrome but it might be worth a try.

57 minutes ago, 2inTul said:

Tried logging in with Edge...no joy!  Same issue.  I don't think it's a browser issue. 

I don't know about Edge, but just now at 5:57 PM EST I tried to book an excursion on Chrome and got no where.  I went over to Firefox and was able to complete the transaction.  As I said above I had to click on the credit card field once, got no reaction, did it again and the little notice saying you have 15 minutes to complete the transaction came up and I was able to input my credit card.

A hearty thanks for the suggestions to "aggressively click the credit card box. This morning I positioned my cursor over the grayed-out credit card box and repeatedly clicked with all my might. After a couple of seconds of this, the pop-up box appeared telling me I had 15 minutes to input the information and I was able to input the credit card info to pay for the shore excursions. I used Edge as my browser.

5 minutes ago, polySeraph said:

A hearty thanks for the suggestions to "aggressively click the credit card box. This morning I positioned my cursor over the grayed-out credit card box and repeatedly clicked with all my might. After a couple of seconds of this, the pop-up box appeared telling me I had 15 minutes to input the information and I was able to input the credit card info to pay for the shore excursions. I used Edge as my browser.

I do love HAL’s proficiency with programming lol

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, polySeraph said:

It really shouldn't be this hard to communicate with HAL's website, especially trying to give them money!

• Like 1