QM2 Refit? Refresh?

Mudhen

1 hour ago, MCC retired said:

I thought that there would be lots of new photos posted by now ?

Yes. Odd. From what’s gone on already there seems to be a problem in discerning the old from the new. 

Probably safe to conclude little substantial has changed on the surface. 

5 hours ago, MCC retired said:

I thought that there would be lots of new photos posted by now ?

There is not much to post. All I have spotted so far is new carpets in the corridors. There is no new exit to deck 8 . Couldn’t see any difference to the corridors on deck 8 except new carpets. Hopefully will be able to see if any new outside furniture tomorrow 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

If there’s anything specific you’re interested in seeing let me know and I can try and take a picture today.

Spa area - including if the locker room showers drain [no need for locker room photos 😉 ]

Illuminations - have the seats been upgraded, replaced?

2 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

If there’s anything specific you’re interested in seeing let me know and I can try and take a picture today.

Queen's grill cocktail lounge (the most boring lounge on the ship),  stern grill's hot tub area, deck chairs, any change in the Chart Room?

Anything done to any of the cabins?

Thank you in advance!

6 minutes ago, TheOldBear said:

Spa area - including if the locker room showers drain [no need for locker room photos 😉 ]

Illuminations - have the seats been upgraded, replaced?

General consensus seems to be Illuminations seats have, at the very least, been recovered. I’m back in there in an hour so will try and take pics.

Can’t help with the spa I’m afraid. 

4 minutes ago, Mudhen said:

Queen's grill cocktail lounge (the most boring lounge on the ship),  stern grill's hot tub area, deck chairs, any change in the Chart Room?

Thank you in advance!

Can’t help with Grills I’m afraid, I’m in steerage. But will wander past the Chart Room later and take some pics.

No obvious changes in my cabin but I’m in one of the solos on Deck 3L which were in fairly good nick anyway. (No shower curtain! Hurrah!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Mudhen said:

Thank you in advance!

I can confirm most public venues on QM2 have been re carpeted - The Grills lounge has finally  had a 'complete soft furnishing' make over . New Carpets  and seating in the Commodore, New Carpets in G32 and also new carpets in the Queens Room. I understand all staterooms will have carpets refreshed over the next several months 

There are several photos on 'various fb cruise forums' - maybe bluemarble  or Solent Richard could oblige and post some of them here for our members.    

21 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

Can’t help with Grills I’m afraid, I’m in steerage. But will wander past the Chart Room later and take some pics.

No obvious changes in my cabin but I’m in one of the solos on Deck 3L which were in fairly good nick anyway. (No shower curtain! Hurrah!)

Re Grills Lounge deck 7 :    gumshoe958  you are at complete liberty to look into the Grills Lounge throughout the day, no one will challenge you for taking photos of carpets or new soft furnishing etc.  

10 hours ago, bergenbird said:

Some of us were hoping for USB ports, and more accessible outlets by the bed -- any chance these were added?

There are USB ports and a US & European outlet by the bed in my solo cabin on 3L, but I suspect they were there before.

IMG_9684.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1