QM2 Refit? Refresh?

Mudhen

I have not been on QM2 since 2018, so will just take photos and leave it to you to decide if it is new or old. I think everything had had a spit and police. Our cabin on level 5 seems the same but carpet might be new. Bedding top throw seems new. New shower heads/curtains.  All plug sockets seem the same. New cushions on sofa and new curtains. The ship seems very very busy and we waited well over 30min to get a drink in the Chart room. Not to much of a problem and was to be expected but maybe need a few more staff as there were only 2 behind the bar. I hope this evening is better. We are heading into Bruges tomorrow [Friday] instead of Saturday due to weather. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Victoria2 said:

Thought you were misquoting Bizet for a moment.

I read it as corriador!!

My brain is obviously wired bizarrely 🥴

Isn’t it “toreador” (in Bizet—the Spanish say “torero”), at the corrida? (Not sure the latter word occurs in Bizet, but it’s been a long time . . . .)

10 minutes ago, rmsEtruria said:

Isn’t it “toreador” (in Bizet—the Spanish say “torero”), at the corrida? (Not sure the latter word occurs in Bizet, but it’s been a long time . . . .)

yes it is, hence the 'misquote'!  😄

Corriador v toreador

Sorry. Forgive my brain. 🥴

Edited by Victoria2
  • Like 1

Guest SilverHengroen
1 hour ago, cook68 said:

I think the seat pads have need renewed 

The cream leather(ette?) does look familiar, though I don't think I took any photos in KC to confirm. They could have refreshed it with the same material of course... I did think the backrests were the same material, though honestly I wasn't paying enough attention to confirm that. It could also be different in different areas of the buffet? 

5 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Here's a capture of QM2's departure from Southampton this evening as seen on the "Cruise Cam" stream of the Solent Ships YouTube channel. Some interesting new lighting apparent here.

QM2SouthamptonDeparture2023-11-16.thumb.jpg.2e9b7a6967e6187948bdaf1946667ef8.jpg

It’s nice indeed

IMG_1846.png

Edited by matdark
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, matdark said:

New decoration for the pool (I believe)

IMG_1845.png

It looks like they've redone the area aft of the main pool to add another smaller pool in the middle between the hot tubs on the sides. Didn't there used to be a band stand in that location or am I disoriented?

10 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

yes it is, hence the 'misquote'!  😄

Corriador v toreador

Sorry. Forgive my brain. 🥴

Nothing to forgive—if I had a dollar for every time I misremembered or misquoted something, we could sail in Q1 for the rest of our days! Meanwhile, I need to listen to Carmen again . . . .

16 hours ago, Underwatr said:

Looks like the old carpet was faded!

That's an understatement 😅 It was deliberate in the original design, possibly by some goon at art school. 

There was a story floating around at the time that several senior management at head office were horrified , however, it was too late as it had been signed off .  

4 hours ago, rmsEtruria said:

Nothing to forgive—if I had a dollar for every time I misremembered or misquoted something, we could sail in Q1 for the rest of our days! Meanwhile, I need to listen to Carmen again . . . .

I'm a Bizet fan too and my post was  a deliberate [obviously poor] attempt at a play on words, hence my mention of 'misquote'.

Ooops

0/10

I must do better 😀

8 minutes ago, RJChatsworth said:

Anyone reading this thread might get the impression that the QM-2 refit was mostly about swimming pools and carpets in the corridors.  Is any going to let us know about the public areas and cabins or is it secret?

Apart from the kennels being replaced by a rollercoaster, the Queens Room transformed into a ten pin bowling alley and the Commodore Club now the first Nando’s at sea, I’m not sure anything’s really changed.

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

Apart from the kennels being replaced by a rollercoaster, the Queens Room transformed into a ten pin bowling alley and the Commodore Club now the first Nando’s at sea, I’m not sure anything’s really changed.

3 Queens Gin formally sold in the Commodore Club now replaced with the 3 Queens PERi-PERi Sauce.

• Haha 2