SPECIALITY Restaurants Drink package changes

sidari

1 hour ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Identical to ours, which is the old package with drinks up to 13E. It appears to be the new packages, sold after 27th Feb(?) with drinks to 14E, which now excludes the SR restaurants.

@diesel1973 It was once the case that the Black Complimentary dinner was per person, however, it was then amended to one per cabin, circa 2018. The implementation of that was slightly haphazard too...

Yes i now knw that they changed it between when I booked the cruise and when I went on it. Why did they continuosly lie to me  then? There were other incidents where they lied to me leaving no remedy to the situation. How can you pay them money  for something unknown and up to their choice, right or wrong. 

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

That also states a welcome package of Prosecco and chocolate which is no longer the case.  You now get to choose a bottle of liquor from a list. 

Hmm, I don't see either the Prosecco/chocolate or the choice of a bottle listed on their website:

• Dedicated priority check-in and check-out as well as priority departure and return on excursion days
  • 24-hour butler service and dedicated concierge
  • Room Service available 24 hours a day
  • Premium Extra Drink Package 
  • Premium Internet package (Browse - 2 devices Unlimited Internet Package)
  • Complimentary access to the Thermal Suite in the MSC Aurea Spa
  • Relaxation amenities in each suite (including bathrobe, and slippers)
  • Pillow menu
  • Other personal touches: luggage packing/unpacking service, newspaper directly delivered in stateroom on request
  • MSC for Me wristband (where available)
  • 1 free cruise change

Speaking to a TA earlier today who also runs his own pages on social media re the specials after my post had the comments turned off, he tells me that having spoken to MSC earlier this week it would appear that after the price increases the wrong info was added to the drink packages details, he was told that the omission would be corrected by the ends of this week, we shall see 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2023 at 1:55 PM, Beamafar said:

That also states a welcome package of Prosecco and chocolate which is no longer the case.  You now get to choose a bottle of liquor from a list. 

Do you have the list, or know where it can be found? Thanks!

7 hours ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

It’s only available onboard.  There’s a choice of liquor or wine. I imagine what is on offer depends on the ship. 

9 hours ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

List from last year on Virtuosa, don't know if it has changed recently but imagine something similar.

IMG_20210605_190815.jpg

2 hours ago, kernow said:

List from last year on Virtuosa, don't know if it has changed recently but imagine something similar.

IMG_20210605_190815.jpg

That looks similar to a couple of weeks ago, spirit choice don't remember the wine.

Got a 70cl JD with £21.99 on the seal.

5099873009109.jpg

On offer in Sainsbury's £17

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

That looks similar to a couple of weeks ago, spirit choice don't remember the wine.

Got a 70cl JD with £21.99 on the seal.

5099873009109.jpg

On offer in Sainsbury's £17

That's the one we always go for, we pack it up and bring it home as we don't mind getting our drinks from the bar.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kernow said:

That's the one we always go for, we pack it up and bring it home as we don't mind getting our drinks from the bar.

Same here, we  were B2B on Grandiosa so got 2 bottles of  Bombay and brought them home . We will  take them on P&O in April as they allow upto  1 litre of spirits per person to be taken onboard  for incabin consumption 😆

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kernow said:

IMG_20210605_190815.jpg

Thanks! It's rather limited. Nothing there I'd really need in the cabin and the spouse doesn't drink, so I guess I'll be bringing something home too. 😅

20 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

Same here, we  were B2B on Grandiosa so got 2 bottles of  Bombay and brought them home . We will  take them on P&O in April as they allow upto  1 litre of spirits per person to be taken onboard  for incabin consumption 😆

Southampton the port security are not interested in the cruise line rules if you need to create a bottomless bottle.

For what it's worth, we got off Seascape on Sunday and had the Premium Plus.
We were only allowed drinks up to $15, although all of their $15 drinks were changed on the menus to $16. After talking to the Bar Manager, they did nothing for us.

We were allowed to pay the difference, as we were told it started on the sailings last week.

Lastly, we were able to use the package at Hola! 
Hola allowed all packages except for the Non-Alcoholic Package, and any frozen margaritas were NOT included in any of the packages. 

Hello,

I've just got the Cruise Ticket for the first of my April sailings.

Whilst my original booking paperwork for the PE Drinks package said up to 13 somethings, this new paperwork says up to 14 somethings AND it can be used in specialty restaurants.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I've just got the Cruise Ticket for the first of my April sailings.

Whilst my original booking paperwork for the PE Drinks package said up to 13 somethings, this new paperwork says up to 14 somethings AND it can be used in specialty restaurants.

Regards,

Cublet

Fingers crossed that is the case for me, when I go in May. Although, I think we're only going to Hola Tacos, so we'd just bring drinks in.