Crystal Announces Launch of Exceptional Initiative Guests who Lost Money Under Crystal Cruises’ Former Ownership Can Apply

Keith1010

35 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Ivi,

You can book anytime before the deadline to get credit and not wait to hear from the assignee.  

Mocker does plan to wrap this up sometime this Summer.

Keith

Thanks Keith, but we prefer to receive our money back first from the Assignees before booking. The attraction of NC offer is for us to be able to use whatever is left of the money not refunded by the Assignees. We do not intend to replace the refund that will come from the Assignees with this offer.

Or it is for sure that the Assignees will only pay the amount of a little bit more of  US 2000 per claim as it was mentioned before on this thread?

Ivi

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Thanks Keith, but we prefer to receive our money back first from the Assignees before booking. The attraction of NC offer is for us to be able to use whatever is left of the money not refunded by the Assignees. We do not intend to replace the refund that will come from the Assignees with this offer.

Or it is for sure that the Assignees will only pay the amount of a little bit more of  US 2000 per claim as it was mentioned before on this thread?

Ivi

Ivi you are very welcome.

Let me add I wouldn't count on what an amount would be from the Assignee until their work is complete and we are notified.

Keith

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

There is in fact something for NC to “inform” the Administrators of at this point - they can start the validation of your claim now you’ve lodged it to confirm and quantify the level of debt you have proven and this the amount ie 20% of that total that you could conceivably receive against a future booking that meets the criteria of the Exceptional Initiative 

If NC needs to quantify the level of debt that it would cost them in terms of credits for future bookings, they do not need to share our information with the Assignees. They just need to register the amount that we have mentioned at the time of registering for the initiative. 

Like I have said for this transfer of information among two companies, we would have to sign an agreement. I have not seen this agreement anywhere.

Ivi

10 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

If NC needs to quantify the level of debt that it would cost them in terms of credits for future bookings, they do not need to share our information with the Assignees. They just need to register the amount that we have mentioned at the time of registering for the initiative. 

Like I have said for this transfer of information among two companies, we would have to sign an agreement. I have not seen this agreement anywhere.

Surely they would need to provide your identity in order that the Administrator knows who they are checking? They aren’t going to take your word as to the amount of the debt - they will need to validate it 

I really can’t see how it can be done without providing that level of detail 

So when you submitted the claim with NC that didn’t include a release or agreement to the terms of the offer? - one of those being that your claim would be validated 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stickman1990 said:

Surely they would need to provide your identity in order that the Administrator knows who they are checking? They aren’t going to take your word as to the amount of the debt - they will need to validate it 

I really can’t see how it can be done without providing that level of detail 

So when you submitted the claim with NC that didn’t include a release or agreement to the terms of the offer? - one of those being that your claim would be validated 

Terry -- how do they ensure that applicants did not put in claims for credit card reimbursements received or insurance claims reimbursed.  I know most of us are honest but i live in the real world.  This seems to be a thorny problem.

14 minutes ago, bitob said:

Terry -- how do they ensure that applicants did not put in claims for credit card reimbursements received or insurance claims reimbursed.  I know most of us are honest but i live in the real world.  This seems to be a thorny problem.

As part of the process ABC is checking all claims against the charge company you may have used (since you had to provide same) or insurance company.  My insurance company put in a claim to ABC to recover their payment they made to me for one of my claims.

This is the major reason the claims are taking so long to process plus the cost of doing so is likely over 1M USD.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

As part of the process ABC is checking all claims against the charge company you may have used (since you had to provide same) or insurance company.  My insurance company put in a claim to ABC to recover their payment they made to me for one of my claims.

This is the major reason the claims are taking so long to process plus the cost of doing so is likely over 1M USD.

You are clearly the reigning expert on this!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bitob said:

You are clearly the reigning expert on this!!

That is because I had to learn to be to get much of my money from these insurance companies who cannot read their own policy language 🙂  Travelguard in particular who initially stated that claims had to wait for a final ABC payout,,,,,

Edited by PaulMCO
  • Like 1

On 3/23/2023 at 5:20 PM, TER777 said:

What about the old FCCs? Presumably those can’t be used. 

Yes.  I canceled for Future Cruise credit. Did not file a claim because I had a future credit.

I canceled one cruise when the issue came up and got my money back less the admin fee and then a 2nd booked cruise for a FCC only.  So I think we are not eligible.  Next to some of you, we lost a pittance but this won't benefit us at all.

37 minutes ago, TER777 said:

Can one apply more than one sub-credit to a booking if each of the sub-credits came from different credits?

I am asking. When you say more than one sub credit are you saying more than one credit card charge that was on the same claim or multiple claims?  

Keith

49 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

I am asking. When you say more than one sub credit are you saying more than one credit card charge that was on the same claim or multiple claims?  

Keith

Multiple claims. 

I just received an email from

Crystal about the exceptional initiative. It clearly says:  “You may also use as many sub-credits as you wish on the same voyage for suites/guest rooms for your friends and family. “.  Am I reading this right? I can use 2 or 3 of my sub credits to pay for one room for a friend? 

47 minutes ago, happy cruising said:

It clearly says:  “You may also use as many sub-credits as you wish on the same voyage for suites/guest rooms for your friends and family. “.  Am I reading this right? I can use 2 or 3 of my sub credits to pay for one room for a friend? 

I think you can only apply one of your credits to each friends bookings. I’d be happy to be proven wrong (Ponder this - it would be strange if you could given you can only apply one of your own at a time to a single booking)

Now the next question is can multiples friends apply their credits to one persons booking and thus pay it in full?  I don’t know the answer to that one 

6 hours ago, happy cruising said:

I just received an email from

Crystal about the exceptional initiative. It clearly says:  “You may also use as many sub-credits as you wish on the same voyage for suites/guest rooms for your friends and family. “.  Am I reading this right? I can use 2 or 3 of my sub credits to pay for one room for a friend? 

If you have one credit you get 20% for one sailing. However, if you have friends and family you wish to book rooms for, for each booking on the same voyage you can apply another sub-credit. So if you have five different bookings all five sub credits can be used on that booking.

Tracie's question about multiple claims is a different question. I think I know the answer but don't want to speculate or provide wrong information so I have asked Crystal for clarification on that one.

Keith

• Thanks 1

I have also received the email. Are they sending this email to everybody or just to those who have been financially affected?

As I have mentioned before, we understand that by applying for this initiative, we are not renouncing to our right to receive our money from the Assignees ( it is not relevant if this refunded money is just a small amount or not). At least nothing in the terms of conditions says this. It mainly says that NC will verify the eligibility using the information from Moecker and Ass. We understand that the NC initiative is complementary to the work of the Assignees and not replacing it.

In any case, I would like for NC to confirm this. Keith, could you please kindly give us an email from NC to write to them? We cannot use the phone numbers and anyhow we prefer to have a written answer. This is important for us before we book a cruise. Thanks in advance.

Ivi

1 hour ago, travelberlin said:

I have also received the email. Are they sending this email to everybody or just to those who have been financially affected?

As I have mentioned before, we understand that by applying for this initiative, we are not renouncing to our right to receive our money from the Assignees ( it is not relevant if this refunded money is just a small amount or not). At least nothing in the terms of conditions says this. It mainly says that NC will verify the eligibility using the information from Moecker and Ass. We understand that the NC initiative is complementary to the work of the Assignees and not replacing it.

In any case, I would like for NC to confirm this. Keith, could you please kindly give us an email from NC to write to them? We cannot use the phone numbers and anyhow we prefer to have a written answer. This is important for us before we book a cruise. Thanks in advance.

Ivi

Ivi, they sent it to Crystal Society Members. As with all mailings some might not get it.

Ivi I have asked about your questions and will let you know what they say.  I don't have a general e-mail for NC.  

Keith

A15Hello, for your info.  My husband and I are both Crystal Society members and he received the email yesterday plus he received a phone call from a Crystal Cruise Consultant.  I did not receive the email and no phone call.

After a discussion with the Crystal consultant, We understand that Destination fees are included in the price mentioned on NC website.

As an example, the price for a cruise Reykjavik to Quebec City is $7900 Canadian dollar, there is $1000   
can included for destination fees, which is a15.5% of the original price $6900.

Also, a 5% Discount will be applied if you are a Crystal Society member and you book before May 31, 2023.  Be aware that the 5% discount will be applied only on the cruise price not on the destination fees. Therefore in my example, the 5% is applied on $6900.

We find this a bit too much!

Edited by Cruiselover51
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruiselover51 said:

A15Hello, for your info.  My husband and I are both Crystal Society members and he received the email yesterday plus he received a phone call from a Crystal Cruise Consultant.  I did not receive the email and no phone call.

After a discussion with the Crystal consultant, We understand that Destination fees are included in the price mentioned on NC website.

As an example, the price for a cruise Reykjavik to Quebec City is $7900 Canadian dollar, there is $1000   

Also, a 5% Discount will be applied if you are a Crystal Society member and you book before May 31, 2023.  Be aware that the 5% discount will be applied only on the cruise price not on the destination fees. Therefore in my example, the 5% is applied on $6900.

You are correct about how the discount works. Also if you do a back to back you get an additional discount.  This one was discussed on other threads that it is discounted off the amount less the destination fees and that these fees are included in the pricing on the website.  When you book you see it broken out as a separate line item.

Keith

6 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Ivi, they sent it to Crystal Society Members. As with all mailings some might not get it.

Ivi I have asked about your questions and will let you know what they say.  I don't have a general e-mail for NC.  

Keith

Thanks Keith. We appreciate you asking NC about this.

Ivi

3 hours ago, Cruiselover51 said:

It has ever been thus, even under Old Crystal. The Destination Fee is what OC called the Port, Security & Handling Fees, which other lines call the Port Charges and Government Fees. The CS and other Discounts always came off the fare excluding the Destination Fee/P,S & H charges. It may not have been entirely clear on the OC Guest Copy of the invoice, but it was clearly indicated on the Agent Copy of the invoice. I have not seen a NC invoice yet, so I cannot comment on that.

On 3/28/2023 at 12:10 PM, Cruiselover51 said:

Hello, the process to check more than 11000 claims by Moeker & ass. is going well.  Have a look to this site 

https://crystalcruiseclaims.com/legal-pleadings/

there are already 8 lists of Objection to claims.

The  reason being that claimant has been compensated in full by credit card company.

Strange someone would submit to be reimbursed when they have already been reimbursed.  I submitted proof from Chase Visa indicating they won't reimburse due to too much time had passed with my claim submission.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midtowngal said:

Strange someone would submit to be reimbursed when they have already been reimbursed.  I submitted proof from Chase Visa indicating they won't reimburse due to too much time had passed with my claim submission.

When I had received a small amount refunded by my credit card after submitting my claim, I have written to Moecker to inform them so that they reduce the amount of my claim.

Ivi