Crystal Announces Launch of Exceptional Initiative Guests who Lost Money Under Crystal Cruises’ Former Ownership Can Apply

Keith1010

8 hours ago, bitob said:

20% back on raised prices not so attractive...

IMO, NC has been quite clever. Raising the list price, then offering a discount. Of course, NC would have generated a lot more goodwill if the discount had been offered at the very beginning!

I've never been a OC customer. So, the discount doesn't apply to me. Instead, I'll wait to see if enough sales has been made. If not, there could be a discount for everyone.

For you, I would suggest that you keep your powder dry. A double discount for you might do the trick?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HappyInVan said:

IMO, NC has been quite clever. Raising the list price, then offering a discount. Of course, NC would have generated a lot more goodwill if the discount had been offered at the very beginning!

I've never been a OC customer. So, the discount doesn't apply to me. Instead, I'll wait to see if enough sales has been made. If not, there could be a discount for everyone.

For you, I would suggest that you keep your powder dry. A double discount for you might do the trick?

The more I think about it I’m not sure this deal is entirely altruistic. Your point about them not doing it in the beginning is telling. Perhaps they didn’t think they would need to?  Is this a reaction to less than expected bookings? The bucket of former crystal customers who got burned is quite large. I would guess that many have gone elsewhere to cruise. 

The 5 cruises requirement also makes me suspect they have fewer bookings than anticipated

my plans are made.  My bags are backed. This “incentive” isn’t for me but I am happy for those for whom it works 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

They way it was explained to me is if your submission is approved you would get the credit based on what you are owed. If Moecker refunds you some money then the credit would be reduced by that amount.

Keith

Thanks Keith. So my previous deleted comment was not so wrong after all.

Why does NC  tie this goodwill offer to the work of Moecker if the New Crystal does not have anything to do with the work being done from the Assignees, who are acting on behalf of the Original Crystal?

It makes this offer less attractive and implies waiting until Moecker finish his work. Who knows when that will really happen. Will it happen before the End of July this year? How come NC which is a totally different company is going to get access to the amount that Moecker will refund to each one of us? As far as I recall Anderson said they did not have that information. How are they going to get it now? 

I do not like the mixing of things. 

Ivi

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Why does NC  tie this goodwill offer to the work of Moecker if the New Crystal does not have anything to do with the work being done from the Assignees, who are acting on behalf of the Original Crystal?

It makes this offer less attractive and implies waiting until Moecker finish his work. Who knows when that will really happen. Will it happen before the End of July this year? How come NC which is a totally different company is going to get access to the amount that Moecker will refund to each one of us? As far as I recall Anderson said they did not have that information. How are they going to get it now? 

Ivi

agree 

As I posted many times, they could get the info if they wanted to. Suddenly attracting those who lost money is important to them. Now it matters 

it’s a complicated path to reimbursement but it is a path. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bitob said:

agree 

As I posted many times, they could get the info if they wanted to. Suddenly attracting those who lost money is important to them. Now it matters 

it’s a complicated path to reimbursement but it is a path. 

You just have to look at the FB posts on both their advertisements and Crystal Society  -- to see the number of guests who post -- pay me back my money.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaulMCO said:

You just have to look at the FB posts on both their advertisements and Crystal Society  -- to see the number of guests who post -- pay me back my money.

It’s the usual suspects every time, just a very tiny percentage of those owed money by  Genting who are posting on any social media. Manfredi/A&K had to know that a certain number of those owed money would never come back, no matter what the offer. 

Patty

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

It’s the usual suspects every time, just a very tiny percentage of those owed money by  Genting who are posting on any social media. Manfredi/A&K had to know that a certain number of those owed money would never come back, no matter what the offer. 

Patty

Why do you think they will never come back no matter the offer? Because they do not like the product? Because they feel that they were so deceived that it is hard to get them back?

As far as I see most people are interested to try the New Crystal if prices are right and if it delivers what is offering : Excellence.

Ivi

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

Patty

Agree with IVI.   And I am one of those "suspects" who continues to post on FB.   Social media is a powerful tool to those that know how/frequent in its use.  To counter your argument, received a call from Crystal wanting to tell me about their new deal based on my last FB (pay me what you owe me) post to one of their ads -- even cited it.

You do remember all the first words from Mr. Anderson's mouth --  we have no records and way of knowing what is owed or how to get in touch with people.

We will definitely register.  We still have money owed and hope to receive some money from the ABC claim and also the FMC bond.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

Agree with IVI.   And I am one of those "suspects" who continues to post on FB.   Social media is a powerful tool to those that know how/frequent in its use.  To counter your argument, received a call from Crystal wanting to tell me about their new deal based on my last FB (pay me what you owe me) post to one of their ads -- even cited it.

You do remember all the first words from Mr. Anderson's mouth --  we have no records and way of knowing what is owed or how to get in touch with people.

We will definitely register.  We still have money owed and hope to receive some money from the ABC claim and also the FMC bond.

The bigger question, would you ever take a cruise with the new Crystal?

I still contend that social media tends to be an echo chamber.

Patty

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stereojeff said:

I see this as incentive to take many short cruises. Goes against my grain. We like long ones.

Jeff

There's no way they could design a program that would make everyone happy and allow them to break even so that they can be viable long term.

Patty

• Like 6

IMO, those people who have no intention of sailing on Crystal must keep posting on this board as they are hoping that there will be something that will entice them to sail the "new" Crystal.  Otherwise, what reason would they have to post here rather than to move on to the cruise line(s) that meets their needs/wants?  

At this time, we have chosen not to book another Crystal cruise.  I believe that those individuals who have booked a cruise have every right to be positive about the cruise(s) they have booked.  

We are so grateful that we have had the opportunity to sail on the "old" Crystal, Regent, Seabourn, Celebrity ...  We will be trying a new cruise line this year.  Will it be a good fit?  Who knows?  One has to make the best choice for himself/herself.  That can only happen if one is willing to take the risk of sailing on a different line.

For those of you who have "moved on" from Crystal, fantastic!  For those of you who have chosen the "new" Crystal, fantastic!  

Wishing all of you happy sailings on whatever ship and wherever you choose to sail.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

There's no way they could design a program that would make everyone happy and allow them to break even so that they can be viable long term.

Patty

Maybe  -- and more likely yes.  However we are itinerary driven.  The ship for us is a vehicle to see the world.   Of course we would prefer a Mercedes to a VW.  So far what has been released is one that has "been there and done that" reaction,

All of my current booked trips have ports port that are different and are interesting and we booked with that in mind,

Regent --Japan circumnavigation

Seabourn - Turkish and Greek Riviera

Silversea - North Africa

Regent - South Pacific with lots of ports in New Zealand

None of these are being offered YET on Crystal.  When they are we WILL consider them. I do love both ships and they were like home.  So it will not take much to book.

Of course like many.  Will NOT book with NC 2 years in advance where credit cards will not honor chargebacks.  Will wait and see as to how first cruises are received.

• Like 3

A&K is a company that needs to do business and make money to continue.  People might like them to give everyone a full refund of the money that they lost to a different company.  I'd rather see them help customers, make money and keep the greatness that was Crystal continue.  Help customers, attract customers and do business - sounds good to me.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

Of course like many.  Will NOT book with NC 2 years in advance where credit cards will not honor chargebacks. 

I agree. We learned an expensive lesson the past few years about credit card charges. Going forward, I'm not advancing payments to any supplier, vendor or enterprise that requires significant deposits longer than the credit cards' allowable chargeback protocols will cover.

Rob

• Like 3

My TA, who is a well known leader in his/her industry, has told me (in the strictest confidence) that over the past few months not a single person has inquired about Crystal at his/her agency, least of all made a booking. Based on these irrefutable facts, I can only speculate that Crystal’s latest offer is less a goodwill gesture to former customers, and more a desperate lifeline to save sinking sales.

Fool me once...shame on you.

Try to fool me twice...shame on you again, only more so.

35 minutes ago, avalon244 said:

My TA, who is a well known leader in his/her industry, has told me (in the strictest confidence) that over the past few months not a single person has inquired about Crystal at his/her agency, least of all made a booking. Based on these irrefutable facts, I can only speculate that Crystal’s latest offer is less a goodwill gesture to former customers, and more a desperate lifeline to save sinking sales.

I don't understand.  I'm thinking YOU contacted your TA about Crystal based upon your post from February 12:

"Does anyone know where the Symphony will be Docking this fall in Venice? I need to make flight arrangements accordingly. Thanks!! "

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Patty

This is true and general for everything but no one is expecting that they make everybody happy. 
Ivi

2 hours ago, mariners said:

IMO, those people who have no intention of sailing on Crystal must keep posting on this board as they are hoping that there will be something that will entice them to sail the "new" Crystal.  Otherwise, what reason would they have to post here rather than to move on to the cruise line(s) that meets their needs/wants?  

At this time, we have chosen not to book another Crystal cruise.  I believe that those individuals who have booked a cruise have every right to be positive about the cruise(s) they have booked.  

We are so grateful that we have had the opportunity to sail on the "old" Crystal, Regent, Seabourn, Celebrity ...  We will be trying a new cruise line this year.  Will it be a good fit?  Who knows?  One has to make the best choice for himself/herself.  That can only happen if one is willing to take the risk of sailing on a different line.

For those of you who have "moved on" from Crystal, fantastic!  For those of you who have chosen the "new" Crystal, fantastic!  

Wishing all of you happy sailings on whatever ship and wherever you choose to sail.

IMHO there is only a small group of people who post here. Much less then those who post in other media forums. The topic was about what New Crystal is doing to attract those past guests who have been deceived by Original Crystal. Some of us are in this situation. We post because we are talking about a thing that concerns us.

Some posters are not OC creditors but still post here criticizing/minimizing/relativizing what posters with genuine interest have to say. It is about  this last category of posters which I wonder. Is there a need to give an opinion about everything? 
Ivi

• Like 1

5 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Ivi

Ivi,

In terms of your question the answer I come to was in Crystal's Press release. In short:

“This Initiative is a plan we have been working on since we acquired Crystal as it will benefit our most loyal customers. This is not something we were legally obliged to do,” said Manfredi Lefebvre d’Ovidio, Co-Chairman of A&K Travel Group and of Crystal. “However, we believe that being Exceptional means doing what is unexpected, unusual, and unprecedented. We are choosing to help former guests and travel agents recover their money and hope we will be able to focus on returning to service, the exceptional crew and onboard service that has made Crystal an award-winning cruise line for three decades.”

In terms of timing,I have been told that it is expected that Moecker will close out the claims sometime this summer.  

I know this doesn't answer all the questions but thought it would be helpful.

Keith

12 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Ivi,

In terms of your question the answer I come to was in Crystal's Press release. In short:

“This Initiative is a plan we have been working on since we acquired Crystal as it will benefit our most loyal customers. This is not something we were legally obliged to do,” said Manfredi Lefebvre d’Ovidio, Co-Chairman of A&K Travel Group and of Crystal. “However, we believe that being Exceptional means doing what is unexpected, unusual, and unprecedented. We are choosing to help former guests and travel agents recover their money and hope we will be able to focus on returning to service, the exceptional crew and onboard service that has made Crystal an award-winning cruise line for three decades.”

In terms of timing,I have been told that it is expected that Moecker will close out the claims sometime this summer.  

I know this doesn't answer all the questions but thought it would be helpful.

Keith

Thanks Keith. It is helpful.

Ivi

1 hour ago, avalon244 said:

So your TA told you in strict confidence but you turn around and tell the world to make a point that is easily disputed? My TA who is not a leader or large but was familiar with and booked many on OC has confirmed bookings for 4 clients on NC cruises including us and has several more pending quotes and is glad to see Crystal’s return.  Who is fooling who?

• Like 8

I see where you're coming from, and I will admit that Crystal is trying to do the right thing for some former customers. But what about people like me who couldn't wait around for the cruise line to re-emerge with new owners and had to find other cruising alternatives on which to spend our massive fortunes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4