Crystal Announces Launch of Exceptional Initiative Guests who Lost Money Under Crystal Cruises’ Former Ownership Can Apply

Keith1010

A question that Ivi and I believe others have asked about is if accepting the Exceptional Incentive will impact the ability to get refunded by Moceker or their insurance and/or credit card, etc. I have been advised it won’t. Moceker’s process is independent, and they will not reduce the claim by the Exceptional Initiative future cruise credits. Therefore, anyone who has a claim, and is already booked, plans to book a new Crystal Cruise or is thinking of bookng a Crysal Cruise in the time frame in which the booking must be made to quality for the incentive, they lose nothing in doing so. If you decide not to book a cruise it would mean you wouldn’t use the incentive.

Keith 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/30/2023 at 6:52 PM, travelberlin said:

Update on this. Moecker and Ass. found my husband’s submission and everything has been clarified.

Ivi

Another update on this. After we thought everything was clarified, my husband received another email apparently from the Assignees indicating that he has to fill another form, with additional information and submit the claim again (!) which actually does not make sense because the information on this new form does not apply for my husband’s claim. 
Irritating in this process is that the emails come without signature, so one does not know who is writing. We will see how this continues. 
Ivi

I just received an email from crystal confirming they have checked with Moecker and agree with my exceptional initiative claim

amount. There is a certificate attached to the email which has the correct amount but gives the expiration date as Dec 31, 2024 instead of 2025. However the fine print on the next page says credit must be used by  31, 2025. Does anybody else have the 2024 date on their email? Is this an error?

3 hours ago, happy cruising said:

Based on the fine print I’m assuming that the 2024 date on the certificate is an error. Keith can you confirm ?

5F142905-3D6B-4A91-8DD6-2926035BDA89.thumb.png.26ee2c5a200628372f9a96df2c08deb1.png

I have been a lurker on the Crystal boards for a long time. It has been fascinating readying all the different responses after bankruptcy and launch of new Crystal. My question is if Keith was an employee of old Crystal and now of new  Crystal? Or maybe a recipient of comps?? Just curious how one person could have all the inside info and be so positive about the companies. 

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, josumello said:

I have been a lurker on the Crystal boards for a long time. It has been fascinating readying all the different responses after bankruptcy and launch of new Crystal. My question is if Keith was an employee of old Crystal and now of new  Crystal? Or maybe a recipient of comps?? Just curious how one person could have all the inside info and be so positive about the companies. 

The answers are - no, not a former employee; no, not a current employee; no, no comps (in fact he books the more $$$ suites). Yes, he loves Crystal.

Patty

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, josumello said:

Just a crystal lover and an effective social media influencer 

Nancy 

Edited by nancygp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, happy cruising said:

Based on the fine print I’m assuming that the 2024 date on the certificate is an error. Keith can you confirm ?

5F142905-3D6B-4A91-8DD6-2926035BDA89.thumb.png.26ee2c5a200628372f9a96df2c08deb1.png

Yes, I have verified that the correct date is 12/31/2025 and that is what it was supposed to have said.  You will likely get a revised e-mail acknowledging that but for sure it is 12/31/2025.

Keith

12 hours ago, josumello said:

Thankfully in life there are some products that we have come to truly love and Crystal is one of them.  

I also have some Sports teams I very much enjoy along with certain sports.

As to questions.

No and No.

Just helping to get people answers to their questions as many have them.

As to positivity, nothing in life is perfect but I am very thankful that we discovered Crystal in 2002 and have enjoyed it immensely since then.  We've sailed other lines since and before then and while our thoughts on them vary we've only had one cruise on another line which was a perfect storm. If something could go wrong it all seemed to happen that one time.

And I do love my car and have bought the same car a few times starting since I believe 1993 although  the model evolved and it's letter/number changed.

And I do have favorite foods too.  😀

And I just love to cruise.  😀  And Crystal is our favorite.  😀

Keith

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, happy cruising said:

Does anybody know what happens if you apply the credit to a cruise and then cancel later? Do you lose the 1/5 credit or does it go back into your total credit?

Your question is actually one of the Q&A's on the Crystal Website.

WHAT HAPPENS TO MY SUB-CREDIT IF I NEED TO CANCEL MY BOOKING AND/OR REBOOK?

Plus Icon

If you cancel, your sub-credit will be added back to the Credit on your profile, less applicable cancellation fees.

I don't know if anyone has asked this or is interested but my next 2 Crystal cruises are a b2b and a b2b2b.  I hoped that I could apply 5 credits because really 5 cruises, but no, just 2 credits.  They are treated as 2 cruises.  But some credit is better than none.  I didn't think I would see any of that money.  Julia

6 hours ago, Jinn said:

I don't know if anyone has asked this or is interested but my next 2 Crystal cruises are a b2b and a b2b2b.  I hoped that I could apply 5 credits because really 5 cruises, but no, just 2 credits.  They are treated as 2 cruises.  But some credit is better than none.  I didn't think I would see any of that money.  Julia

Julia, back to back cruises count as one credit.

Keith

13 hours ago, Jinn said:

make 2 bookings for the b2b & 3 for the b2b2b if credits exceed the b2b saving

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, seaknots said:

make 2 bookings for the b2b & 3 for the b2b2b if credits exceed the b2b saving

I don’t believe Crystal would allow that as a way to “get around” how they are allowing certificates and B2B. You’d also loose the discount allowed for B2B bookings. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

I don’t believe Crystal would allow that as a way to “get around” how they are allowing certificates and B2B. You’d also loose the discount allowed for B2B bookings. 

Why wouldn’t they?

Seaknots is saying they’d be prepared to lose the B2B discount element 

Crystal have never stopped people booking individual cruises have they? 

Imagine if on Monday you booked one leg, had a sleep on it and decided on Tuesday, totally out of the blue, you wanted to book another cruise, which just happened to be the one before or after the one you booked on Monday - or maybe your spouse decided to do that and book that second cruise - what’s the issue with that? 

Imagine you had say a $30,000 credit - so each credit was $6,000 - so applying $12,000 across two cruises could conceivably be more than the B2B discount - why wouldn’t you want to do that? 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Why wouldn’t they?

Seaknots is saying they’d be prepared to lose the B2B discount element 

Crystal have never stopped people booking individual cruises have they? 

Imagine if on Monday you booked one leg, had a sleep on it and decided on Tuesday, totally out of the blue, you wanted to book another cruise, which just happened to be the one before or after the one you booked on Monday - or maybe your spouse decided to do that and book that second cruise - what’s the issue with that? 

Imagine you had say a $30,000 credit - so each credit was $6,000 - so applying $12,000 across two cruises could conceivably be more than the B2B discount - why wouldn’t you want to do that? 

Why don’t you try doing it and see if it works?!

I can’t as I don’t have any certificates as I was either smart enough or lucky enough to use all my outstanding credits with the old Crystal before they went kaput. 

Patty

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bitob said:

Just got email from a&k announcing the relationship with crystal

500 as you wish obc to anyone who books by May 

I guess I'll be booking a 3rd cruise on top of the 2 I booked one on first day of bookings opening for CS members,and the other within days of the other,with the $500 deposit and obc  promotion 

Edited by wearesiamese
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bitob said:

Just got email from a&k announcing the relationship with crystal

500 as you wish obc to anyone who books by May 

Does that mean we get an additional $500 credit and does that mean it's applied retroactively?