Crystal Announces Launch of Exceptional Initiative Guests who Lost Money Under Crystal Cruises’ Former Ownership Can Apply

Keith1010

37 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

When I had received a small amount refunded by my credit card after submitting my claim, I have written to Moecker to inform them so that they reduce the amount of my claim.

Ivi

When I filed a particular claim, I reported that I had filed a credit card claim for which I would not have a response before the filing deadline. When I received the refund, I according informed Moecker. 

On 3/23/2023 at 6:48 PM, bitob said:

Read all my posts

it is fabulous for those planning to book the nc anyway. A gift. They didn’t care about the loss and booked anyway. Huge benefit

not so great for others who really had no intention of returning and I believe that is the target audience of the offer

hard to book all 5 cruises especially if you’ve already booked other cruises because you did not intend to return to nc

20% back on raised prices not so attractive

If you book long cruises even harder to recoup the money 

wait for bankruptcy???

I said I applaud crystal for doing something. That was my very first post. I find the terms and restrictions less than favorable for me. I am booked well into 2025. My cruising friends are in same situation. 

it will be great for those who lost money and wanted to book anyway 

there is no contradiction at all

And honestly, do we sometimes thank our lucky stars that we can live the lives we do? I certainly thank a power I cannot see. My mother, who didn’t really believe in powers, would be speechless.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2023 at 12:10 PM, Cruiselover51 said:

Hello, the process to check more than 11000 claims by Moeker & ass. is going well.  Have a look to this site 

https://crystalcruiseclaims.com/legal-pleadings/

there are already 8 lists of Objection to claims.

The  reason being that claimant has been compensated in full by credit card company.

Wow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, May B said:

And honestly, do we sometimes thank our lucky stars that we can live the lives we do? I certainly thank a power I cannot see. My mother, who didn’t really believe in powers, would be speechless.

So would mine!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, May B said:

Wow.

Boy was i wrong.  I stated that I thought MOST cruisers would be honest and not try to claim monies that they had already received either through credit cards or insurance.  I am disgusted by this.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2023 at 2:34 AM, travelberlin said:

2) if the money from the Assignees will arrive during the first two weeks of July, if this refund is definitive without further expected payments, and if there is something left which is still due to me, I will inform NC of the new amount due and book my first NC cruise with the hope that they deliver what they promise.

Ivi, you might want to recheck the terms of the offer.  I think you have to make at least one booking by July 1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, bitob said:

Boy was i wrong.  I stated that I thought MOST cruisers would be honest and not try to claim monies that they had already received either through credit cards or insurance.  I am disgusted by this.

Well, we don’t know all the details. And we should always give people the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe they’re senile, and didn’t remember?

But if they’re just plain old greedy, and don’t care if others get less, b/c of their greed … I agree. I am disgusted.

All:

We can't know for sure the reasons why the list was so long but here is my take.

People filed claims for amounts not refunded.

This was done along time ago.

The ones on the list got refunds.

I suspect many didn't think to notify Moecker and/or were so ticked off going through the entire process that they weren't going to followup.

This must happen all the time which is why Moecker followups up to confirm whether or not someone got a refund.

Keith

• Like 2

17 hours ago, bitob said:

Me too I am really surprised about this. I am wondering if there are not some kind of mistakes on those lists. 
For example my husband’s claim cannot be found by the Assignees. He has submitted his claim in March 11th 2022 but the Assignees, even though they have confirmed receiving the claim, have not found a claim under his name. We have provided the necessary information for them to be able to find it and are currently waiting for them to correct their mistake.

I would recommend that people who have put a claim, verify the status of their claim with Moecker and Ass.

Ivi

• Like 2

Has anyone here been bored enough with not having a real life that they have gone through all 8 lists to find anyone they know and if they know the person has been reimbursed by their credit card? All lists are alphabetical by first names. It seems to me that this is just a way to legally eliminate all claims that have been reimbursed whether or not the people informed Moecker. There must be more to come reimbursed by credit cards and then everyone reimbursed by insurance.  Have fun checking. It will keep you out of trouble.

Patty

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Me too I am really surprised about this. I am wondering if there are not some kind of mistakes on those lists. 
For example my husband’s claim cannot be found by the Assignees. He has submitted his claim in March 11th 2022 but the Assignees, even though they have confirmed receiving the claim, have not found a claim under his name. We have provided the necessary information for them to be able to find it and are currently waiting for them to correct their mistake.

I would recommend that people who have put a claim, verify the status of their claim with Moecker and Ass.

Ivi

Update on this. Moecker and Ass. found my husband’s submission and everything has been clarified.

Ivi

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Summer Time said:

If you notice, the Moecker people are filing legal papers and they are for people who recieved the monies from Master Card and VISA. Amex may come next, I presume.

kate

Maybe yes and maybe no.  Amex processed my claim within 10 days.  They were good about claims in excess of 500 days.  

Chase took two months to deny it and another two months to deny it again on appeal. 

Only took me 10 minutes to cancel the Chase card and switch it to another bank.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

Maybe yes and maybe no.  Amex processed my claim within 10 days.  They were good about claims in excess of 500 days.  

Chase took two months to deny it and another two months to deny it again on appeal. 

Only took me 10 minutes to cancel the Chase card and switch it to another bank.

I have a Chase Sapphire card and my refund was approved within two days with money refunded within four days.  The refund was “provisional” but it was never questioned or denied.  I did not receive a refund for amounts paid in excess of the 550 days.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TRIPACIAN said:

I have a Chase Sapphire card and my refund was approved within two days with money refunded within four days.  The refund was “provisional” but it was never questioned or denied.  I did not receive a refund for amounts paid in excess of the 550 days.

I, too, got immediate refund from my Chase Sapphire Reserve card for any charge within the allowed time period.

Tripacian -- we met long ago on an Oceania crossing.  Paul MCO and I will be on Seabourn Encore with you in a month!

Just to add some insight 

The look back period is controlled by VISA or MASTERCARD

So whatever VISA or MC you have, they set the policy -- does not matter who issued the card.

Amex is different because they do not have the same strict look back period. Older charges were honored.

Regardless, I'd rather get triple points on my Sapphire Reserve for travel as it gets me many free flights and travel insurance.  Gave up my Amex Platinum long ago.  I do not expect to face another disaster like the one with Crystal going forward.

Hello, after a phone call by a NC travel consultant,  I did an exercise to try if I should book a NC cruise to take advantage of their Exceptional Initiative.  Here is the result.

On a 16 days cruise, I compare NC and Silversea Nova (new ship compare to NC Serenity). Both cruises were in same part of the world, same time of the year (first 3 months of 2024]. I will have to spend an additional $4192 Canadian dollar on that cruise to get back $740 Canadian dollar.
I will go with Silversea.

I am still looking for a good deal with NC!

36 minutes ago, Cruiselover51 said:

Hello, after a phone call by a NC travel consultant,  I did an exercise to try if I should book a NC cruise to take advantage of their Exceptional Initiative.  Here is the result.

On a 16 days cruise, I compare NC and Silversea Nova (new ship compare to NC Serenity). Both cruises were in same part of the world, same time of the year (first 3 months of 2024]. I will have to spend an additional $4192 Canadian dollar on that cruise to get back $740 Canadian dollar.
I will go with Silversea.

I am still looking for a good deal with NC!

You have to lose money to get your money back

And that's the major benefit of the program is to those who already had bookings and were owed money.  Also if you were on the fence about booking a cruise this is some incentive to do so.  You don't lose money when you book a cruise. Rather you spend money.

They really didn't have to do this.  And no one is forced to utilize it.  But as someone who is owed money  and who had already booked cruises I am certainly appreciative of it and I know others who are too.

Keith

• Like 2

I don't feel like I have overpaid for any itinerary I have booked on the NC.

Once again, each person has to figure out the value of any cruise they book on any line. Same for all purchases and what is not value for someone might be value for another person.

By the way value is much more than price.  It is based on what you get for the price you have paid and how you value what comes with the price of the cruise. We all value things differently and quite frankly we are all don't have the same reasons for booking a cruise or purchasing most any product.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bitob said:

Just to add some insight 

The look back period is controlled by VISA or MASTERCARD

So whatever VISA or MC you have, they set the policy -- does not matter who issued the card.

Amex is different because they do not have the same strict look back period. Older charges were honored.

Regardless, I'd rather get triple points on my Sapphire Reserve for travel as it gets me many free flights and travel insurance.  Gave up my Amex Platinum long ago.  I do not expect to face another disaster like the one with Crystal going forward.

The Amex Green card gives triple points on all travel including cruises, and it would not be subject to the more strict look back period of Visa and Mastercard.

• Like 2

On 3/29/2023 at 7:41 PM, bitob said:

In fairness, while were away on our most recent Silversea cruise we were informed that our claim under the Travel Industry Council of Ontario had been approved and the cheque was waiting for us when we arrived home. Had not thought about reporting that fact to Moecker, it's not a big amount, until I read these posts. I have since reported it and received a thank you e-mail from Moecker. 

I am in the industry and didn't think about it. How many people who filed over a year ago, and don't necessarily know any better, didn't think about it either?? Sure, there are likely some "bad apples" out there, but I am inclined to give people the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 2

@Keith1010 To Keith and everyone on this and the Old Crystal Cruise Board.  I am so happy the the Crystal Brand and its Ocean Ships are back.  I also received this announcement, in my email a few days ago. 

This is unprecedented.   I know not everyone will be happy with it however I hope most of the guest that had a financial hardship feel some what pleased.  I personally don't know how I would have felt nor the disappointment at the time.  

Many people taught me so much about Crystal in 2021.  You all make a difference and I am glad that the brand you have enjoy so much is back.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 4