Can you still book a cruise on HAL

roboref

I have been trying to talk to my PCC.  I have emailed him and left messages for a call back. He may have left the company. I have twice responded to HAL emails on a specific cruise offer, I receive the generic "we will contact you asap" email, but have never got a call back. Today, when calling "due to high call volume we can't service your call right now" please use chat. Go to web site, use the chat function fill in my info, press chat now, get a blank white web page.

I am really wanting to ask some questions about the private cruise fares and book a cruise. Why waste the time, money and effort to get a customer to call in, if you can't handle the calls?

• Like 1

They certainly need to do something about their customer service, it is awful.  Two solutions 1. Use a TA or 2. Book it yourself, if you sign in you should see the offered special price in cart.   

I feel your pain. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

They certainly need to do something about their customer service, it is awful.  Two solutions 1. Use a TA or 2. Book it yourself, if you sign in you should see the offered special price in cart.   

I feel your pain. 

1 hour ago, roboref said:

I have been trying to talk to my PCC.  I have emailed him and left messages for a call back. He may have left the company. I have twice responded to HAL emails on a specific cruise offer, I receive the generic "we will contact you asap" email, but have never got a call back. Today, when calling "due to high call volume we can't service your call right now" please use chat. Go to web site, use the chat function fill in my info, press chat now, get a blank white web page.

I am really wanting to ask some questions about the private cruise fares and book a cruise. Why waste the time, money and effort to get a customer to call in, if you can't handle the calls?

What I do is put the cruise on hold and then call - this way I don't lose the room that I want the agent can then answer all my questions.  I always need to call since we usually book the advantage fare which is not available on their website.   The hold is good for multiple days.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I feel your pain. 

The price that is quoted as "private fare" doesn't ever show up when I try to book online, it is about $500 more per person than what is offered.

Thanks for answering.

51 minutes ago, roboref said:

The price that is quoted as "private fare" doesn't ever show up when I try to book online, it is about $500 more per person than what is offered.

Thanks for answering.

I would just request a new PCC. I suspect there are many that would be thrilled to get your business if you last PCC is gone or just too busy.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/postbooking/lead-sign-up-ca.html?pccChecked=true

Our PCC is trialing a new system of booking appointments for call back  on line - I really like that option. Apparently just a trial with some PCC's right now. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, roboref said:

I have been trying to talk to my PCC.

Why waste the time, money and effort to get a customer to call in, if you can't handle the calls?

The same thing happens to me, so I started calling the PCC number and then just holding for the first person who answered. I found my own PCC to be very slow in responding, and as you said, they do leave! But I get someone by holding. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Roz said:

I thought from your post title that you were asking if you could book another cruise while onboard a HAL cruise. 

With the closures behind us I am back to strictly using FCD purchased onboard.  IMHO it is the best way to book. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My TA has been trying for 2 days to book the signature beverage pkg for us. Gets the same message...."due to heavy volume of calls "etc. Really? Something is going on there. Is a little worrisome.  Not good as customer service should be most important service any business provides.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Private fares as mentioned do not always show online.  Also the advantage fare doesn’t either.  They need to get it together and get more people in the fold.  Excuses don’t bring in business. 

I would be happy to book online if the private fare would show up as an option. Thank you for confirming it doesn't show up. It does not. I have since researched the private fares on my own and don't think I would book a long way out using that fare. Maybe inside final payment would be OK. 

5 hours ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

The same thing happens to me, so I started calling the PCC number and then just holding for the first person who answered. I found my own PCC to be very slow in responding, and as you said, they do leave! But I get someone by holding. 

I was prepared to stay on hold, even an hour or more if needed. I wasn't even given this option to hold. 

9 hours ago, roboref said:

I would be happy to book online if the private fare would show up as an option. Thank you for confirming it doesn't show up. It does not. I have since researched the private fares on my own and don't think I would book a long way out using that fare. Maybe inside final payment would be OK. 

It’s pretty crazy.  I’ll go to a large online cruise seller (that we can’t mention the name of) and a private sale will show there.  It even states my Mariner level on there.  I do not sign into that site.  Yet hal doesn’t want you to see that rate.  Great business 😛🙄.

• Like 1

Find a good local TA that works for you, not the cruise line. My TA allows me to contact her 24/7 by her cell phone and I have been able to book cruises and other trips over weekends too. I have used her for 15 years.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, roboref said:

Have you logged into the HAL site with your credentials? 

It worked for me a few weeks ago. Checked the website and saw the advertised rate. Logged in under my account and my “Private fare”

was rack rate. Logged in under DHs - got a screaming deal with his “private fare” and booked it. We both get totally different private fares. This has been going on for years.

19 hours ago, rodndonna said:

Our PCC is trialing a new system of booking appointments for call back  on line - I really like that option. Apparently just a trial with some PCC's right now. 

Mine(EK) was too.  She has now left.  I knew it was only a matter of time.  I have been contacted by new one but not sure if same system in place.

We took a cruise on HAL last month.  The telephone customer service was absolutely horrible.  The on board experience was absolutely fabulous.  I will definitely book another HAL cruise in the future, but know that getting the booking done is not half the fun.

Ohiodoglover

18 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Mine(EK) was too.  She has now left.  I knew it was only a matter of time.  I have been contacted by new one but not sure if same system in place.

If our PCC were to leave (she is the only PCC we have had and just started as we came out of pandemic) I would insist on one with call appointment booking or  just not bother. As it is we really just do our own research and preselect/hold and then throw it to her for booking. I figure they work (she at least) seems to work hard enough that we can throw an easy commission (or whatever) and then we do have someone to call if we need to help if something comes up.

I have zero patience to wait on hold or phone tag with someone if I have any other option.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Have you logged into the HAL site with your credentials? 

It worked for me a few weeks ago. Checked the website and saw the advertised rate. Logged in under my account and my “Private fare”

was rack rate. Logged in under DHs - got a screaming deal with his “private fare” and booked it. We both get totally different private fares. This has been going on for years.

Yes, I have logged in, no private fare! 

1 hour ago, roboref said:

Yes, I have logged in, no private fare! 

I hope you can get this sorted out and that your “private fare” is really a discount for you. There have been many times my “private fare” is the SAME as rack rate, while DH gets a discount. And sometimes it’s the opposite.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I log in every single time.  Of course you have to do that to see private fares.  Is there anyone that doesn’t know that?

Of course I log in. It just doesn't show. I click on the email advertising Private fares, log in, find the cruise I am interested in. I then either get the advantage fare or a regular fare. 

But the main point of the post is the inability to call and get to talk to someone, or use chat or get a call back. 

5 minutes ago, roboref said:

Of course I log in. It just doesn't show. I click on the email advertising Private fares, log in, find the cruise I am interested in. I then either get the advantage fare or a regular fare. 

But the main point of the post is the inability to call and get to talk to someone, or use chat or get a call back. 

Exactly.  I did notice early this morning (around 4am) that they had a note on their website to say they were having phone issues.  Not sure if it's still happening.  That doesn't help you of course.

6 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Find a good local TA that works for you, not the cruise line. My TA allows me to contact her 24/7 by her cell phone and I have been able to book cruises and other trips over weekends too. I have used her for 15 years.

And that would be great if you can find one.  The last one I tried to use came highly recommended by my hairdresser.  She took forever to get back to me.  When she did, she booked my cruise in USD.  We both live in Canada in the same city.  Then she did the conversion to canadian and it was more than the hal website.  She told me it's not her fault that the price went up.  It hadn't.  She didn't listen to a word I said and did the exact opposite of what I asked for.  I had to wait days for her to cancel so I could use a PCC.  No thanks.