New CEO of Celebrity Interesting but happy they stay within for promotions.

bikerunner

1 hour ago, keesar said:

All of the Captains are good captains.  Some are better marketers than others.

Some Captains have bigger fan clubs than others.

1 hour ago, NMTraveller said:

She was accessible to the cruisers and would wave bye as you left the ship.  I would put here in the above and beyond category.

I'm pretty sure Captain Kate didn't wave bye to me as I left the Summit when we shared the same ship back in 2017.  I was a self-disembark and one of the first 10(!) passengers off.  I'm sure she had better things to do at that time on that day.

You made me think of whether I've been greeted by any officers upon disembarking any cruise ship.  Memory fuzzy, but... cruise directors, yes (not on Celebrity, I don't think).  Not any others.  Just ordinary crew in ordinary clothes kicking me out the door while waving bye.  Then again, most of the time I've been a self-disembark and out the door before most everyone else.

21 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Some Captains have bigger fan clubs than others.

"Fan clubs " ??? Really ?? For a Captain of a ship ???

Holy cow, they are all very approachable and besides, we enjoy chatting with any Staff member.

In fact, some of the lower level Staff are more interesting to chat with than the usual " Glad to have you on board. Enjoy the cruise ".

It's all part of the cruise " experience ".  ( Never had a bad cruise )

LOL--- The Captain won't offer you a 50% discount to a Specialty restaurant, but the Waiter standing outside the OVC might . So, now who ya a " fan " of ????

14 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Do you remember the Captains name and do they have at least one monetized social media account (rhetorical)?

Also, airplane "disembarkation" usually takes well under 20mins but on is ship is at least a few hours

The only captains name that I can remember is Captain Kate.  She would be in more cruiser activities than the others.  I cannot remember the other Captains names.

While I may be highly skeptical of Celebrity CEOs,  Captain Kate IMHO should be the CEO.  She has more common sense than LLP.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mickey S said:

Just thinking, I do not watch the TV shows that some top chef or investor goes in and does a makeover of a restaurant, what if one of the myriad of streaming companies would  do that for cruise line administration-it would be boring but they could spice it up with side stories as part of a made for TV programming.

Just kidding around using spare time.

I just hope that someone does a makeover of Celebrity.  

Gordon Ramsey should fix the mess that Celebrity has created...

Perhaps they get a real CEO?

Even the Royal CEO was more competent than LLP.

Edited by NMTraveller

11 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I’m not sure what that means? Arguably the president of Celebrity will never be a “real” CEO. RCG has the board and shareholders. The brand presidents answer to RCG. 

LLP came in from an operations position. Was she brought in to improve operational efficiency? Is business strategy set at RCG? How much strategy is set at the brand level? Visionaries are rare. And typically short lived. What’s Apple done since the iPhone? Even before Jobs passed? What do you want the new president of Celebrity to do? And assume they don’t have carte blanche to commit capital resources. They almost certainly won’t. 

38 minutes ago, markeb said:

’What do you want the new president of Celebrity to do? And assume they don’t have carte blanche to commit capital resources. They almost certainly won’t. 

Excellent question.

One can only address one issue at time.  So I will address the Millenium overbooking Japan issue.  Perhaps they should follow the Royal lead and not xiss off their loyal customers?  This is the latest Celebrity goof up...

Royal fixed their issue (and did a good job at it),  but Celebrity is a train wreck...  Why?  

At some point in time you just like doing business with a company that has their act together.  Celebrity is not that company...

Some of us just like a no hassle vacation...  Without the flipping concern of it getting cancelled.

What else can be said?

Edited by NMTraveller

2 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I just hope that someone does a makeover of Celebrity.  

Gordon Ramsey should fix the mess that Celebrity has created...

Even the Royal CEO was more competent than LLP.

I  for the last 5 years at least have felt there are two operations at X. The shore side and ships, and the shore side has been a pain in the tuchis, and the ships/cruising experience has saved the tuchis of apparently more than a few shoreside people.

With the screw ups-much of which is the shoreside and administration created, cruising has become less magical on X, still pretty good soone way away is to go to the smaller ship more luxury brand companies.

There is another way and this ends up a big risk for cruiss in general,  which is the land based traves and we are about to embarfk on a 5 week trip through Greece and Italy.

So I will have a subjective basis of comparison in 7 weeks and we have not done a land based trip in almost 10 years.

I have planned this one myself and now I better undersand and enjoy what goes into the planning.

VS a good cruise is oretty much a non brainer. Or should be.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Do you remember the Captains name and do they have at least one monetized social media account (rhetorical)?

Also, airplane "disembarkation" usually takes well under 20mins but on is ship is at least a few hours

The Captain's name was James Tiberius Kirk.  And he did not try to sell me a watch or jewelry. 😀

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, markeb said:

I’m not sure what that means? Arguably the president of Celebrity will never be a “real” CEO. RCG has the board and shareholders. The brand presidents answer to RCG. 

LLP came in from an operations position. Was she brought in to improve operational efficiency? Is business strategy set at RCG? How much strategy is set at the brand level? Visionaries are rare. And typically short lived. What’s Apple done since the iPhone? Even before Jobs passed? What do you want the new president of Celebrity to do? And assume they don’t have carte blanche to commit capital resources. They almost certainly won’t. 

I give credit where credit is due but have been vocal when they are slighted.  Many won't like what I say yet only a small % actually go on Carnival (CCL) sailings.  I used to book 75% X and 25% CCL and have now flipped that in short because Carnival is better continuously improving while X is devolving; a deeper dive:

COMPLIMENTRY FOOD:

-BREAKFAST, CCL has seaday brunch, open all morning, can have steak and eggs or chocolate cake if you wish, not the case on X and X's MDR is only open for 90mins for lunch.

-LUNCH, X's MDR lunch is nothing to write home about and is far from "gourmet"; chicken skewers anyone?  Is the Spa Cafe's tuna salad gourmet?  On CCL, you have the MDR, ChiBang (asian and mex), big chicken (best chicken at sea, blows away X's overcooked and flavorless stuffed chicken breast), Guys BBQ, many including myself consider his BBQ better 95% of food offered at sea

-X's Mast Grill, should be an embarrassment, worst food on the ship, CCL's Guys Burgers on the other hand are loved

-DINNER, let's start with the lobster, on X you get a Spiny/Warm water tail, on CCL you get a MAINE lobster tail

-CCL, like RCI, offers in their restaurants the ability to pay an upcharge and have a good steak and/or Maine lobster tail with tips for $25...On X, good luck making a same day reservation at a specialty restaurant and it will cost with tips $65/person.  On X you may be stuck with Turkey Parm or meatloaf for dinner

-Dessert, this is another area where X's fails, their desserts are so bland and aren't worth the calories, put a piece of X's chocolate cake and vanilla cake in front of you and you'd be lucky to tell the difference.  On Carnival you have the rockstar dessert that X even tries to copy and failed, chocolate melting cake

-X's does beat CCL at something, the buffet

Despite many social media content creators and even admins on these forums claiming X is no longer considered the "foodie brand" it once was, X while continually devolving their food still parrots they have good food

• Like 2

I was not going to get into this debate going on, but I believe the new CEO is one that will do anything the CEO of RCCL tells them. It is always about the bottom line. What will make the ship sail full. I would at least give them a chance to see what neww ideas they have. I believe new ideas will be looked at. Instead of complaining select new solutions to help get the X back to where all of you want. Just remeber it is the bottom line that makes them contimue. What would make the younger 40-50's couples come to Celebrity. The Edge ships are a start. 

cham[agne.jpg

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, kjwinston2019 said:

I was not going to get into this debate going on, but I believe the new CEO is one that will do anything the CEO of RCCL tells them. It is always about the bottom line. What will make the ship sail full. I would at least give them a chance to see what neww ideas they have. I believe new ideas will be looked at. Instead of complaining select new solutions to help get the X back to where all of you want. Just remeber it is the bottom line that makes them contimue. What would make the younger 40-50's couples come to Celebrity. The Edge ships are a start. 

cham[agne.jpg

Just now, Keys Kathy said:

My kids are 40 somethings with kids between 3-14. They are not interested in Celebrity. Basically, there is nothing to do. What do they have on board other than trivia several times a day and entertainment. 

40 somethings want to relax after the kiddies are in bed. When they are in their 50's, perhaps X will be interesting, but, it will be the same things that brought us to X in our 40's. Beyond the podium, speakers talked about the gold standard and what NASA contributed to society, crafts, which I never had time for before and learning something new, even if it was napkin folding. 

I think X is really out of touch, I still want my mind to be challenged, but now I am there more for the staff, who are great.

Personally, I prefer learning, not spending the day drinking and playing trivia. They don't even have napkin or towel folding anymore.

38 minutes ago, kjwinston2019 said:

cham[agne.jpg

Well in reality the CEO of Royal Caribbean Group (not RCCL) is the boss of the new Celebrity CEO.  The RCCL CEO is an equal to the Celebrity CEO in the corporate structure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Well in reality the CEO of Royal Caribbean Group (not RCCL) is the boss of the new Celebrity CEO.  The RCCL CEO is an equal to the Celebrity CEO in the corporate structure.

Thanks for clairifying they still rin the show! 

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Structurally, X is a subsidiary of RCG. They don’t issue their own stocks. The more I think about it, the less it seems the CEO title matters. 

RCG answers to the board and shareholders. The Brands answer to RCG, and their CEO. Who knows what their left and right limits are. Other than make money. 

On 4/21/2023 at 9:29 PM, markeb said:

Perhaps this is the real reason that LLP was canned...  A train wreck of epic proportions.  Double zeniths are given the boot...

They have known about this for months if not a year...

Edited by NMTraveller