Arvia Godmother on Ant and Dec Takeaway

Gettingwarmer

I know people hate it but to be a multi-generational cruise line you need to appeal stronger to those who haven’t cruised before - which is the 18-45s - and then the he older family members follow.

Also my comments are focusing on 18-45s not children. There is a misconception that only those 50+ will cruise during term time however P&O are going for the 20-40s with no kids / pre-school age kids too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

I know people hate it but to be a multi-generational cruise line you need to appeal stronger to those who haven’t cruised before - which is the 18-45s - and then the he older family members follow.

Also my comments are focusing on 18-45s not children. There is a misconception that only those 50+ will cruise during term time however P&O are going for the 20-40s with no kids / pre-school age kids too.

Crikey.  I’m just over 50 but have sailed on P&O i30+ times since my mid 20s (and others).  I’d never dream of watching ant and dec. it’s not just an age thing. 

Edited by galeforce9
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

That's a bit unfair, not many say they hate the multi-generational bit. What is being said is that the standards onboard have been dropped considerably to achieve this.  If A&D really are the level of entertainment P&O think the 18-45s want they may be misguided as very few people I know in that age group would even give them house room.  Basically they are considered "old hat" by my nieces and nephews. 

Aiming for the younger people is all well and good but the actual onboard entertainment is way off for them, things like buskers, cover groups of people like Freddie Mercury, Elton John and even Paloma Faith aren't going to cut it as high end entertainment for that age group.  Bingo, race nights, karaoke, art gallery talks etc aren't going to amuse an 18 year old either.

Seems a bit like the research got hold of a few youngsters from the posh school and assumed the local comprehensive kids like the same things!  

• Like 1

I'm sure many of you will recall Mr Ludlow saying in an interview some time back that their target market was ITV Saturday night viewers. May have been around the introduction of Iona... 🤔

• Like 2

In defence of Ant & Dec, they are excellent at what they do and make live TV look effortless and easy.

I can understand why the young people think they are old hat, though, as Ant & Dec are nearly 50, and very much of their parent’s  generation. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

It’s a program right on brand/target audience for Arvia.

God help P&O and their future they used to be such a good cruise line. But when you have lunatics running the asylum then what do you expect.

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I'm sure many of you will recall Mr Ludlow saying in an interview some time back that their target market was ITV Saturday night viewers. May have been around the introduction of Iona... 🤔

I had a sudden recall that there was also a Britannia connection. There was a live broadcast of Saturday Night Takeaway from Britannia in Barcelona back in April 2016.

5 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

In defence of Ant & Dec, they are excellent at what they do and make live TV look effortless and easy.

I can understand why the young people think they are old hat, though, as Ant & Dec are nearly 50, and very much of their parent’s  generation. 

Actually now I come to think of it, judging by the drunken idiots I encountered at Christmas on Britannia maybe A&D are the perfect ambassadors for the 18-45 target audience  ...

NINTCHDBPICT000332252583.webp

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Yes and he also said 99-9% had a great cruise on Arvia over Christmas and New Year. Just shows he doesn't know what he is talking about. The pictures in the press and all over the internet of the queues encountered on the cruise consisted of more than 0.1% or 5 -6 people. Just shows how incompetent he is and made himself look a complete and utter fool at the speech he did after.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

God help P&O and their future they used to be such a good cruise line. But when you have lunatics running the asylum then what do you expect.

P&O has taken a commercial decision to move towards a different passenger demographic and more relaxed cruise style. I expect the pace of change will increase once the two smallest ships are disposed of...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Britboys said:

P&O has taken a commercial decision to move towards a different passenger demographic and more relaxed cruise style. I expect the pace of change will increase once the two smallest ships are disposed of...

I like the relaxed cruise style bit as it offers variety.  Not so keen on an over priced booze cruise if that's what comes with the new generation of cruisers.  

3 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Think P&O are putting a positive spin on their age demographic for Iona/Arvia seems more like the Benidorm crowd but darent admit that.

At the moment, more berths on sale means lower prices and lower prices are likely to attract a more diverse set of customers. Additionally, the more casual Marella Cruises seem to be retailing at higher than their traditional prices making P&O an attractive offering to long-time Marella/Thomson cruise customers.

3 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Don't know the audience figures for I'm a celebrity. Quite a few I would guess.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, davecttr said:

From another forum

Who are Ant and Dec?

Answer, think Morecambe and Wise without any talent

Ouch!

Just think. In a few years there will be an Ant & Dec copy cat act in the Limelight.🤣

Edited by zap99
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, zap99 said:

Don't know the audience figures for I'm a celebrity. Quite a few I would guess.

I am not a fan or viewer of Ant and Dec’s Takeaway show, but I will admit to watching and enjoying I’m a Celebrity every year. 🤣🤣

• Like 1