Stanley Bear?

lennythenose

I just returned from my first Princess cruise on the Ruby (which I really enjoyed).  I had planned to buy a Stanley onboard but when I went to the shop on day 2 or 3 they were already sold out. Since returning home I have looked online but cannot find where to purchase one other than eBay or other resale sites. Am I just missing something or can I really only buy him onboard?

4 minutes ago, 808cruisers said:

I am not sure but I did pre-purchase via the app/site. Lots on eBay!

I wish I had pre-ordered. Just never occurred to me they’d sell out. They really didn’t have much branded merchandise. A few things but much less than I’m used to in other lines. We thought it might be because they are repositioning to start Alaska season next week so probably getting different items for that.   I did see many on eBay, mercari, poshnark, etc but was hoping to be able to buy new. May just have to wait for another Princess cruise. I’m sure we will book again. 

Last cruise my daughter asked for one, but there weren’t any to be found.  From the sound of it, I’m glad I remembered and preordered one this time.

Oddly (since she had no idea we were searching for one), a guest services agent saw our daughter while we were taking care of a dead medallion battery, thought she might like to have a Stanley backpack, and sent one to our room.  It was a great surprise coming back to the cabin and seeing Stanley sitting on the bed, for no apparent reason!  Especially since we had struck out in the gift shops earlier that evening.  Those are the types of great touches that keep us with a brand through the years!

• Like 5

Maybe another supply chain holdup?? I was looking for an Alaskan Stanley on our Alaskan cruise, the only Stanley's they had left were ones in tuxes holding a heart. And didn't look like there was a lot of them even. Maybe more Stanley's will come back when the chocolates on the pillows do 🤣  

On 4/10/2023 at 1:04 PM, JimmyVWine said:

Maybe they are selling through all of their inventory so that they can rollout "Padgett Panda".  

I think a padgett panda would come with something like a parking meter...

...so you would have to pay by the minute for it.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, 808cruisers said:

What does alaskan stanley look like? I got the captain stanley. 

Dressed like a lumberjack. We have a pirate one right now and DW bought the one with the heart.

37 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Readily available in the gift shop on Caribbean Princess this past Feb.

Stanley.jpg

That looks like my bed at night!  My daughter keeps bringing additional stuffies to bed, and insists on arranging them on the tops of the extra pillows.  And then we have to say goodnight to each and every one of them.

we’re on an Alaskan cruise later this year, so hopefully the one we’ve ordered next week will be enough, and we won’t “need” a lumberjack or heart one too!  🤪

Edited by WAvoyager
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Moondogy said:

Dressed like a lumberjack. We have a pirate one right now and DW bought the one with the heart.

Sounds like if you collect them all, you’ll have “The Village People”. You could arrange them on the bed forming Y. M. C. A. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2