Cannot get into the "green" lane

Shippy

Very frustrating.

We were just on a Princess cruise about 6 weeks ago with no problems.

We have another cruise next month.

I filled out the info on mine a few weeks ago & got into the green lane easily.

It will not let us complete my husbands. It will not take the ship payment method. They cannot get it to link to mine. They cannot get him out of the blue lane.

It will not let him put in any other credit card. It keeps saying they are not valid even though they are. I have spoken to Princess 3 times about this.

Each time they try & fix but cannot & do an expedited report.

Normally I would not care & figure we could correct at the pier BUT I have a bid in for an upgrade & I am afraid there will be a problem with it because we are not both in the green lane  !

I would ask for suggestions but fear there is nothing more I can do     :O(

Well, I was going to suggest just entering a different CC for him...but I see you've already tried that.  I can't really think of anything to try.  By any chance is the CC nearing expiration?  (Wild guess....)  Hope you get it figured out...but in reality it really will not be an issue once you get to check in.

I had the same problem, and my cruise starts on Friday!

I had called Princess and was told it was a 'glitch', but it never resolved. Then yesterday I got an email that I was missing some form and an arrival time. I had both of them, though! 

I called again and all that was missing was the Health Screening.  I thought that had to be done no sooner than 72 hours before, but I was told that it can be done 7 days in advance.  Once it was complete, I turned Green!

So my advice is to make sure that all of the documents are done in your ap (which is all you can do!) and then when you are 1 week out, try the health check and if that does not resolve the issue, call Princess.

From what I was told, once you have the QR code, that is the big hurdle. The wait differences between green and blue (from what I was told) is minimal, especially if you have reached Platinum/Elite Status. 

12 minutes ago, sirclean said:

I had the same problem, and my cruise starts on Friday!

I had called Princess and was told it was a 'glitch', but it never resolved. Then yesterday I got an email that I was missing some form and an arrival time. I had both of them, though! 

I called again and all that was missing was the Health Screening.  I thought that had to be done no sooner than 72 hours before, but I was told that it can be done 7 days in advance.  Once it was complete, I turned Green!

So my advice is to make sure that all of the documents are done in your ap (which is all you can do!) and then when you are 1 week out, try the health check and if that does not resolve the issue, call Princess.

From what I was told, once you have the QR code, that is the big hurdle. The wait differences between green and blue (from what I was told) is minimal, especially if you have reached Platinum/Elite Status. 

Every thing but the credit is green. Expirations far out.

Like I said....just worried about my upgrade bid    :O(

1 hour ago, Shippy said:

Every thing but the credit is green. Expirations far out.

Like I said....just worried about my upgrade bid    :O(

It should not affect your UG bid.

Go into the App for you and take out your  credit card.  Then, reenter your credit card and select your DH as a user on that credit card.  That is……,if you’re using the same credit card for both of you.

If you’re using different credit cards, then you will sign into his account and delete and reenter it.

Do not try to link or reregister your accounts, as this can cause problems.

Is your phone updated and you have updated the latest App?  

If all fails, I would not worry about a blue lane.  You are green and you both just go through the green, and they usually don’t even care, they just ask to see your documents.  I’m referring to US ports.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shippy said:

Very frustrating.

We were just on a Princess cruise about 6 weeks ago with no problems.

We have another cruise next month.

I filled out the info on mine a few weeks ago & got into the green lane easily.

It will not let us complete my husbands. It will not take the ship payment method. They cannot get it to link to mine. They cannot get him out of the blue lane.

It will not let him put in any other credit card. It keeps saying they are not valid even though they are. I have spoken to Princess 3 times about this.

Each time they try & fix but cannot & do an expedited report.

Normally I would not care & figure we could correct at the pier BUT I have a bid in for an upgrade & I am afraid there will be a problem with it because we are not both in the green lane  !

I would ask for suggestions but fear there is nothing more I can do     :O(

I had the same problem once. All I did was delete the card and reenter it -having my husband as a signer and it worked. Hope it works for you. It is amazing what delete and reenter does on this app.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sirclean said:

I had called Princess and was told it was a 'glitch', but it never resolved.

This isn't directed at you personally. 

But, folks, we should not be letting Princess employees get away with this nonsense.  A "glitch" is something temporary, unexpected, and that resolves itself due to something unusual occurring.  A "bug" is a systemic problem that continually results in incorrect system processing and extends over time until it is resolved.  Princess has very few - if any - "glitches".  They do have plenty of "bugs".

From Wikipedia:

A glitch, which is slight and often temporary, differs from a more serious bug which is a genuine functionality-breaking problem.

• Like 3

I said this on another thread but will repeat iit here.

You can jump all over me BUT why are you folks still stressing with an APP that doesn't work right. Call in to ocean navigator like I do and I'm done in under 3 minutes and have ZERO frustration. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

You can jump all over me BUT why are you folks still stressing with an APP that doesn't work right. Call in to ocean navigator like I do and I'm done in under 3 minutes and have ZERO frustration. 

It's just human nature to want to "participate" in all things related to an upcoming cruise...and many folks just don't have the "historical background" with the app to fully understand the (sometimes) futility of getting the app to work.  I try to help with an answer when I can but then add the fact that they really don't need the app at all...they're going to be able to cruise just fine as long as they bring the required documentation (very often a passport and *maybe* a covid test for some of those holdout locations that are still requiring them.)  Someone once said "Have patience grasshopper."

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

I have called 3 times on 3 different days.

Each time they have told me that they will submit and expedited report to have the problem resolved.

So much for a 3 minute fix....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shippy said:

Each time they have told me that they will submit and expedited report to have the problem resolved.

Did you try my suggestion in post #6?

Problem now appears to be solved but Princess admits they are still having some glitches.

On our IPAD we are both in the green lane.

On our computer, we are both in the blue lane.

On both of those... all the items are checked ok for the green lane BUT there is no credit card info for either of us.

On mine the message is something about a problem with my husbands account & on his a problem with mine.

The Princess rep assured me everything is ok although it might not clear up so that I can see it.

I know he is right because in his records, he could see the credit card info & told me what the last 4 digits are.

thanks to everyone for their input !

We have stopped stressing over the App and Online issues, somehow it works itself out. We too are in the group of hubby blue lane due to " invalid card" BUT, we can see it posted on the Shoreside part. Can not get it to Shipside. Tried every trick in the book but no luck. Even deleting it, it comes right back automatically. Called Princess, no luck. If it shows Shoreside it is in their system hiding somewhere.  We will let them figure it out at checkin. Like someone said, 5 min at the desk or 3 hrs on the phone.

1 hour ago, jinpasco said:

We have stopped stressing over the App and Online issues, somehow it works itself out. We too are in the group of hubby blue lane due to " invalid card" BUT, we can see it posted on the Shoreside part. Can not get it to Shipside. Tried every trick in the book but no luck. Even deleting it, it comes right back automatically. Called Princess, no luck. If it shows Shoreside it is in their system hiding somewhere.  We will let them figure it out at checkin. Like someone said, 5 min at the desk or 3 hrs on the phone.

That Shoreside issue is very old.  Seen it myself at least a year ago. My advice to anyone is to ignore the shoreside option completely.  Sorry, I don't recall how I got it clean out to fix the issue.

16 hours ago, Shippy said:

Are you trying to get the APP problem fixed or just doing the pre registration on the phone with ocean navigator which is what I've done.

Since I won't pay to have the medallion mailed I have to go to the check in desk anyway and it takes less then 5 minutes to do everything.

Edited by cruzsnooze

4 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Are you trying to get the APP problem fixed or just doing the pre registration on the phone with ocean navigator which is what I've done.

Since I won't pay to have the medallion mailed I have to go to the check in desk anyway and it takes less then 5 minutes to do everything.

Again....my concern was that I had an upgrade bid in & did not know if the fact we were both not in the green lane would effect it.

Otherwise I would just have waited till we were at the pier.

I have given up trying to get  the app to,accept my CC.   I have been successful many times on past cruises, but not this time.   I will just do it old school,and show up at the pier

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shippy said:

Again....my concern was that I had an upgrade bid in & did not know if the fact we were both not in the green lane would effect it.

Otherwise I would just have waited till we were at the pier.

One has nothing to do with the other. 

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

One has nothing to do with the other. 

OMG...sorry I did not know when I started this thread !

Lucky there our those to enlighten us.

Issue has been solved

This thread should be closed out