Celebrity drink package question.

ZESTER

We have a CLASSIC drink package for an upcoming cruise on the Beyond. It covers wines up to $10.00. My wife is a wine connoisseur and will upgrade. My question is if she picks a glass that costs $17, do we get charged for the difference ($7.00) or do we have to pay $17 for the more expensive wine?  Thank you for your information.

5 minutes ago, ZESTER said:

We have a CLASSIC drink package for an upcoming cruise on the Beyond. It covers wines up to $10.00. My wife is a wine connoisseur and will upgrade. My question is if she picks a glass that costs $17, do we get charged for the difference ($7.00) or do we have to pay $17 for the more expensive wine?  Thank you for your information.

You will pay the difference plus 20% gratuity. 

15 minutes ago, George C said:

I would upgrade but what you would pay is 7 plus 18% so 8.26

thank you and davekathy for the info. I would be less hesitant about the upgrade if I was a big drinker. Since we must both upgrade, I'd have to make sure she drinks herself silly every night to get the math working

. That's a difficult compromise. 😜

• Haha 2

You are allowed to bring on 4 bottles of wine with no corkage fee if you have either drink package, so keep yours and just bring on 4 bottles of a wine your wife likes , if you don’t finish the bottle you can take it back to your cabin . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, George C said:

You are allowed to bring on 4 bottles of wine with no corkage fee if you have either drink package, so keep yours and just bring on 4 bottles of a wine your wife likes , if you don’t finish the bottle you can take it back to your cabin . 

To be clear, the official rule is if you can carry on two bottles per person.  If you bring on more, such as put some in your checked luggage they may just make it on but if they get taken you get them back on the last night

8 minutes ago, HSBC said:

For the All Included  classic drink package, can you order any drink from any bar?

What is the popular cocktail under classic drink package?

Thanks!

You can order any drink from any bar. If the drink/alcohol brand is priced above the Classic pckg maximum, you bear the cost of the price difference plus tax. please refer to the detailed guide on the Celebrity website

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, George C said:

Thanks George,  

once a bottle is opened, it gets emptied in one sitting. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All classic cocktails and small martinis are covered under the Classic Package. In fact, all cocktails, except at World Class Bar (and probably Eden on E class ships),and  sometimes the Martini  bar are made will "well liquor" unless you specify your premium liquor, even with the Premium package. So if you are happy with basic liquors, no need to upgrade your drink package. The better wines are the primary reason for upgrading. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 39august said:

The better wines are the primary reason for upgrading. 

This is true but keep expectations realistic. The low-tier package wines are so generic, they are described only as being "a variety of vintages from around the world" which means it will have been produced in some year and from grapes grown somewhere on this planet. Often these are bulk purchase wines that are $7 or less a bottle in the grocery store, and about $3/bottle when purchased in large quantity.

The upgraded tier are better wines and very drinkable, but still ones that are in the $8-$11/bottle grocery store range. You are simply not going to get a $28/bottle wine on either package.

And last caveat .. very often, the wine you get will bear some resemblance to what you ordered, but influenced by "what's open". The bar staff really don't appreciate the difference between a New Zealand and Oregan sauvignon blanc, for example.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, publicpersona said:

The upgraded tier are better wines and very drinkable, but still ones that are in the $8-$11/bottle grocery store range. You are simply not going to get a $28/bottle wine on either package.

I would like to shop where you do.  The ones we tend to chose on ship from the Premium package sell from $19 and up.  We have particularly enjoyed Montaudon and Cattier champagnes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I would like to shop where you do.  The ones we tend to chose on ship from the Premium package sell from $19 and up.  We have particularly enjoyed Montaudon and Cattier champagnes.

I'd like to find the bar on a Celebrity ship that is pouring $40-$100/bottle champagne by the glass.

Not saying it didn't happen, but I've never seen anything on a wine list like that.

56 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

I'd like to find the bar on a Celebrity ship that is pouring $40-$100/bottle champagne by the glass.

Not saying it didn't happen, but I've never seen anything on a wine list like that.

Eden,  Cellar Masters, Luminae.   Mountaudon was available early to mid part of last year then it was Cattier.   Cattier was in short supply but a friendly bar manager made sure we had a couple of bottles available.

7 hours ago, 39august said:

All classic cocktails and small martinis are covered under the Classic Package. In fact, all cocktails, except at World Class Bar (and probably Eden on E class ships),and  sometimes the Martini  bar are made will "well liquor" unless you specify your premium liquor, even with the Premium package. So if you are happy with basic liquors, no need to upgrade your drink package. The better wines are the primary reason for upgrading. 

I always call my liquor with the premium package..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

What is your itinerary? Prices vary by itineraries, as do the price points allowed in each package

That's interesting but nothing surprises me. We are doing a TA from Fort Lauderdale. There is no price menu that I can find.

Decoy Cabernet…any idea on price per glass ,or availability?  Thinking I’ll just pay the upcharge per glass, but….enjoyed the endless pour on our last Apex cruise.   Paying the price for premium upgrade is a little costlier for a 15 day transatlantic.  

Just now, ljk76 said:

Decoy Cabernet…any idea on price per glass ,or availability?  Thinking I’ll just pay the upcharge per glass, but….enjoyed the endless pour on our last Apex cruise.   Paying the price for premium upgrade is a little costlier for a 15 day transatlantic.  

Decoy is normally on most ships and covered by premium package.

• Like 1