LIVE from Radiance Apr. 21, 2023 - The Panama Canal - Canal au Niveau de la Mer

On 4/23/2023 at 12:28 PM, twangster said:

Talked with my cabin attendant.   Upgraded bathroom amenities for CAS have to be requested.  

20230423_112307.thumb.jpg.64439470e726206a7a6cab405088811e.jpg

We got them without asking….if not I would have asked…oddly the ones I got were the same but in white containers.

• Like 1

I haven’t read all the posts here but I wanted to comment on something our cabin attendant told us on our last cruise and wanted to see if anyone on this thread else ever heard of this.

I asked for a paper copy of the compass even though I use the app too, and was told by him that they are all instructed that anyone 70 and older they should automatically put them in the cabins. Now I’m not 70 so I wasn’t sure if I should be insulted or not.  He said he has a list and showed me briefly without showing the names.  Has anyone else ever heard of this?? 

edit to add that he said he was already planning on putting one in our cabin!

Edited by lovesthebeach2
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, little britain said:

*$14 = $758,570 of “free” drinks!!

Probably the real cost for Royal of those drinks is less then a 1/4 of that figure.

Edited by Jimbo

13 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I haven’t read all the posts here but I wanted to comment on something our cabin attendant told us on our last cruise and wanted to see if anyone on this thread else ever heard of this.

I asked for a paper copy of the compass even though I use the app too, and was told by him that they are all instructed that anyone 70 and older they should automatically put them in the cabins. Now I’m not 70 so I wasn’t sure if I should be insulted or not.  He said he has a list and showed me briefly without showing the names.  Has anyone else ever heard of this?? 

Huh, that's news to me. Maybe that's why we got the printed compass on our last cruise.🤔

20 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Well that might explain why I keep getting the paper copy even though people say they asked and didnt get it. I am over 70. I usually dont want it, just want to see the Mdr menu for the night. My app has been enough in the past. I even have told them I dont need it and they still leave it as if they dont hear me. 

I always get one left daily. 

12 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Huh, that's news to me. Maybe that's why we got the printed compass on our last cruise.🤔

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Well that might explain why I keep getting the paper copy even though people say they asked and didnt get it. I am over 70. I usually dont want it, just want to see the Mdr menu for the night. My app has been enough in the past. I even have told them I dont need it and they still leave it as if they dont hear me. 

I always get one left daily. 

I use the app all the time for everything, but still like to see the printed copy.

Does Royal think those over 70 don’t know how to use a phone? 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I use the app all the time for everything, but still like to see the printed copy.

Does Royal think those over 70 don’t know how to use a phone? 

Me too! However, I do know some 70+ folks who seem to have a lot of trouble using their phones. When I get stumped with my phone, I just hand it over to DH (former IT guy)!😉

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SilkySal said:

Me too! However, I do know some 70+ folks who seem to have a lot of trouble using their phones. When I get stumped with my phone, I just hand it over to DH (former IT guy)!😉

Funny, my DH is still an IT guy but I’m the phone, computer, anything electronic guru. He is s a software guy, I know how to do anything on any Apple device because I love to play around and figure things out. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

I can use my phone.  Dh, forner IT guy, doesn’t want to bother.  Still like paper. 

• Like 1

I had a steward say last year that D+ and above always ask for a compass because that’s what we’re used to and still like to use.  Kind of like we are too old for change.  While I’m not too old to change, I like to leave my phone in the room and half the time I can’t get the app to work well.  When I’m cruising I like to change from the way I do things at home and not be on my phone. DH uses the app as he always has pockets and he gets frustrated as it doesn’t always work for him either. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

I can use my phone.  Dh, forner IT guy, doesn’t want to bother.  Still like paper. 

I too use my phone and actually like the app for checking the balance on my account and menus, and that's about it.  I'm not even 50 and I like my paper and so do my teens. 🙂 They want nothing to do with the app.  So far so good with asking for paper copies and getting them.

18 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I didn’t know Radiance had a dog house.  DH will like that.  Is this at the back of the WJ? 

It's kinda before the WJ. Wj access is inside. If you are walking outside and dont go in the door by the elevators, walk past the ping pong table. .. and look aft .. there it is. 

• Like 1