Hello Carol Cabezas (CEO), What on Earth is Going On?

Marylebone37

I wish we could get back to the Azamara we all know and loved.  In the meantime, improved communication is what is really needed right now since their website situation is still in disarray.   It’s obvious to most of us.  

What would really help would be to reinstitute an Azamara Cruise Critic blogger type position that we had with Bill Leiber and then later from Bonnie MacLaird.

I fear that Azamara is losing loyal customers due to its customer service issues all stemming from the website woes and poor communication.

• Like 15

On 8/8/2023 at 11:42 PM, takemewithyou said:

I wish we could get back to the Azamara we all know and loved.  In the meantime, improved communication is what is really needed right now since their website situation is still in disarray.   It’s obvious to most of us.  

What would really help would be to reinstitute an Azamara Cruise Critic blogger type position that we had with Bill Leiber and then later from Bonnie MacLaird.

I fear that Azamara is losing loyal customers due to its customer service issues all stemming from the website woes and poor communication.

Would that not be beyond AZAMAZING?!?!   What an AZAMAZING opportunity that would be for the senior management team to roll out immediately.  Oops… I forgot, the management team is way too _____ (fill in the blank).  Bonnie and Bill, you got out at the right time for sure.  I hope you are both doing well and enjoying much good health, success, and wonderful travels!  We miss you here!

Edited by Marylebone37
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Marylebone37 said:

Would that not be beyond AZAMAZING?!?!   What an AZAMAZING opportunity that would be for the senior management team to roll out immediately.  Oops… I forgot, the management team is way too _____ (fill in the blank).  Bonnie and Bill, you got out at the right time for sure.  I hope you are both doing well and enjoying much good health, success, and wonderful travels!  We miss you here!

Unfortunately Bill Leiber passed away and he is sorely missed.

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Obituary-Azamara-blogger-Bill-Leiber

Edited by takemewithyou
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Unfortunately Bill Leiber passed away and he is sorely missed.

Bill is in heaven and is reading this thread.  There is no evidence that Carol or anyone at Azamara currently is doing so, but people keep directing their comments to Carol.  Maybe they would be more effective as prayers to Bill?

• Like 1

Regarding post 143 I am still banging my head against a wall trying to get a reply to this matter.  The female on the telephone was less than helpful and indeed showed a very poor attitude which you knew she was not going to progress the matter.

I have since emailed Customer Services to ascertain what is happening but again have been blanked so far. 

If it were not for the uncertainty of how I could reclaim the money I would have no hesitation in cancelling the cruise and booking with someone else.

My last throw of the dice was to email Carol Cabezas directly in the hope that one of her team will resolve the matter. However as things stand I am not holding my breath.

If anyone has any suggestions I will be happy to look at them.

58 minutes ago, moonglum said:

Regarding post 143 I am still banging my head against a wall trying to get a reply to this matter.  The female on the telephone was less than helpful and indeed showed a very poor attitude which you knew she was not going to progress the matter.

I have since emailed Customer Services to ascertain what is happening but again have been blanked so far. 

If it were not for the uncertainty of how I could reclaim the money I would have no hesitation in cancelling the cruise and booking with someone else.

My last throw of the dice was to email Carol Cabezas directly in the hope that one of her team will resolve the matter. However as things stand I am not holding my breath.

Ring again, you’re unlikely to get the same person twice

• Like 1

11 hours ago, moonglum said:

I recently phoned ( USA ) to cancel a booking and was advised that a fee would be charged which I was already aware of ( $75 pp ). My cc # was verified and the credit was posted within a few days.

On 8/7/2023 at 4:39 PM, uktog said:

The appeal certainly used to be - as one Captain put it - the only difference between the ships is the artwork.  

Azamara appears to have veered away from that

Other lines like Viking are absolutely rigid in being the same fleet wide in terms of service standards, ship layout and guest experience

I know this is a generalisation but the older demographic tends to like that consistency and predictability more than the younger market.

Perhaps symptomatic of Azamara's current direction of travel, consistency does not fit their plans.

Time will tell if that is the right path or one that will come back and bite them big time.

I have been told that the procedure manuals were the property of RCCL, and were given back after the split. A team has been tasked with writing new ones. I suspect that could be a lengthy and complicated process! 

5 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

I have been told that the procedure manuals were the property of RCCL, and were given back after the split. A team has been tasked with writing new ones. I suspect that could be a lengthy and complicated process! 

What surprised me was they didn’t start that process far sooner 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

I think I heard that Tony Markey has undertaken to lead this (tho’ presumably not with the procedures relating to the sea, navigation etc) which sounds like a good idea given that he has worked across both hotel and entertainment and has a science background.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, lisiamc said:

And no-on though to take a sneaky photocopy? Come on! 🤦🤦🤦

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blag said:

And no-on though to take a sneaky photocopy? Come on! 🤦🤦🤦

A lot of things about the change of ownership seem to have caught both sides on the hop. The difference is that RCCL just doesn’t give a damn. Azamara’s inconvenience is not a problem for them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lisiamc said:

Well, if they are writing a new one, you can be sure they are going to cut corners and nickel and dime where they can.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, babykay said:

Well, if they are writing a new one, you can be sure they are going to cut corners and nickel and dime where they can.  

You are assuming and I don't think being fair. There will be lots to sort out with the break from Royal. Supply lines for a start. If Azamara nickel and dime then a lot of their faithful will most probably walk. I know I would. But I'm confident. 

Phil 

• Like 5

Cost cutting does not need a new operations manual to become effective.

Such cost cutting (and big price boosts) are rampant in the cruise industry as we speak. Wander over to the HAL, Princess, RCCL, Oceania and Celebrity (especially Celebrity) boards and sample the sentiments there.

We've been on Princess, HAL and 7 sailings on Azamara since the restart and any cost cutting is the least prevalent on Azamara.

Edited by ECCruise
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I think I heard that Tony Markey has undertaken to lead this (tho’ presumably not with the procedures relating to the sea, navigation etc) which sounds like a good idea given that he has worked across both hotel and entertainment and has a science background.

This past Christmas of 2022, when we were onboard Onward, Tony Markey had some question and answer sessions onboard with guests that I attended and that is one of things he said he had been tasked with and was working on at that time.  

Edited by takemewithyou
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

This past Christmas of 2022, when we were onboard Onward, Tony Markey had some question and answer sessions onboard with guests that I attended and that is one of things he said he had been tasked with and was working on at that time.  

He's taking his time about it, then!

And, in reality Azamara ought to have grasped the enormity of the task and commissioned him many months prior to December 2022!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lisiamc said:

A lot of things about the change of ownership seem to have caught both sides on the hop. The difference is that RCCL just doesn’t give a damn. Azamara’s inconvenience is not a problem for them.

Not sure I understand what you mean by 'caught both sides on the hop'. 

What impact has there been on RCCL? 

6 minutes ago, blag said:

He's taking his time about it, then!

And, in reality Azamara ought to have grasped the enormity of the task and commissioned him many months prior to December 2022!

Maybe they did!  He was working on it at that time and going from ship to ship to get the procedure manuals updated.