Any one on Arcadia now

cruzadict

1 hour ago, snaefell said:

Just to show it is a game of two halves,we are also on Arcadia right now,just birthed in Genoa,we too are on C deck,sorry some are not having a great cruise but it is quite the opposite for us.

The food has been great,the entertainment good to brilliant(the 4 Harps were superb but sadly left the ship in Valencia),love the ship & would really like to get back on her.

The buffet is packed for breakfast(people don't want to get up early for the MDR! ) & lunch,having the crew serve can be a bit of a pain as some are not keen or cut out for it!

Glad your having a good time and nice to hear the other half, I’m due on the ship in two weeks time our second cruise on Arcadia can I ask if the Sindu restaurant is open now as last time it was closed due to staff shortage thanks

13 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Personally, I'd rather have a 'classic' style that is good quality than an 'on-trend' look that actually will look dated in 5 years when trends have moved on...

Agree, I just want decent chairs that are comfortable to sit in. On some ships I spend time trying to find a bar that has chairs that are for sitting in rather than for decor. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Pleased to hear that you are having a great time. I’ve always felt that the last entry time for breakfast in the MDR is too early. We are on holiday, after all! When we were on Cunard recently I noticed that the last entry was 0930 regardless of whether it was a sea day or port day. Are P&O still persisting with 9am last entry on port days?

Last month on Arvia, MDR breakfast ran to 0930 on sea and port days.

Azura in Jan/Feb however, MDR ran to 0930 on port days and 1000 on sea days.  Much better, as you say we are on holiday.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Glad your having a good time and nice to hear the other half, I’m due on the ship in two weeks time our second cruise on Arcadia can I ask if the Sindu restaurant is open now as last time it was closed due to staff shortage thanks

It was certainly open our fjords cruise 2 weeks ago - we went twice. Excellent food & service.

40 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Azura in Jan/Feb however, MDR ran to 0930 on port days and 1000 on sea days.  Much better, as you say we are on holiday.

Yes, Arvia still 9.30 every day.  The app.has often had in particular the Meridian queue full by 9.10 or thereabouts but Zenith seems to.not fill so quick.

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

That’s excellent news. Progress at last! Hope it’s the same on Iona 👍

Edited by Selbourne

What alternative eating options are there by day on Arcadia and what is the food like?  Thinking there may be an alternative to the self service restaurant where we could pick up a bit of salad  and a savory item - probably a burger or fish/chips, given the times we are in.  We tend to eat a late lunch and would not want a lot as we do not want to eat too late in the evening.  So thinking there may be an option to have a small offering, perhaps in the open air. 

Also are P&O now charging for room service breakfast, if so how much?

Edited by tring

7 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Yes,we ate there last Saturday,it was superb,just getting ready for a second visit tonight!

Sindhu & OG were not available to book before we sailed,all the more annoying that when we boarded we tried to book OG for the first night & were told it was full,a bit of persistence got us in!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Britboys said:

It's interesting how we all perceive interior decor and style so differently. I think it looks fine. Before going back on Aurora last summer, I saw some posts saying how tired and tatty she looked and I thought she was actually in great condition.

Personally, I'd rather have a 'classic' style that is good quality than an 'on-trend' look that actually will look dated in 5 years when trends have moved on...

I read similar about Arcadia,we have travelled on so many ferries over the years that have been as old if not older than Arcadia so I am used to battle scarred ships,Arcadia looks great to me,more classy than dated IMO.

We would all love hotels & cruise ships that look like new but that isn't practical,for one thing idiots disrespect them too much!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Pleased to hear that you are having a great time. I’ve always felt that the last entry time for breakfast in the MDR is too early. We are on holiday, after all! When we were on Cunard recently I noticed that the last entry was 0930 regardless of whether it was a sea day or port day. Are P&O still persisting with 9am last entry on port days?

It certainly was 0900hrs today Selbourne

• Like 1

Understand the Arcadia has a pop up Glass House ?   If so, could someone on board possibly upload a copy of the wine list - so I can see what' s available (at present).  I appreciate things may change when the new packages come into play on the ship next month    

Is the Arcadia fairly full at present ? 

If so - how easy is it to get reservations in the Speciality Restaurants ?   or do you have to book pre boarding ?   We tend to prefer them to the MDR at least for a good number of nights    

Are you still having to book for the theatre or can you just walk in? 

What is the likelihood of getting into the MDR when they open for the evening, which I assume is 6 o’clock. ( it was 5.30 on Iona and Arvia which is great for us and 5 o’clock on Princess , even better) 

6 hours ago, Jazzytelly said:

Are you still having to book for the theatre or can you just walk in? 

There's no pre-booking for theatre or freedom dining on any of the four smaller, older ships thank goodness. It's been on P&O's website for a good while now, certainly since before I went my late Apr-early May Arcadia cruise, under "Here's how My Holiday works differently on each of our ships".

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Valfan said:

There's no pre-booking for theatre or freedom dining on any of the four smaller, older ships thank goodness. It's been on P&O's website for a good while now, certainly since before I went my late Apr-early May Arcadia cruise, under "Here's how My Holiday works differently on each of our ships".

Any chance that you could provide a link to that information please? I’ve ploughed through dozens of pages of the FAQs on the P&O website and cannot find it. My understanding is that Arvia is the only ship where freedom dining can be pre-booked (and then only prior to 6.30pm) and entertainment is only pre-bookable on Arvia and Iona (other than the Limelight Club which is pre-bookable on Britannia but always has been). It’s certainly very confusing so it would be good to see what the official line is!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Any chance that you could provide a link to that information please? I’ve ploughed through dozens of pages of the FAQs on the P&O website and cannot find it. My understanding is that Arvia is the only ship where freedom dining can be pre-booked (and then only prior to 6.30pm) and entertainment is only pre-bookable on Arvia and Iona (other than the Limelight Club which is pre-bookable on Britannia but always has been). It’s certainly very confusing so it would be good to see what the official line is!

Just search for that phrase and scroll down where you will find this

SHIP APP.jpg

13 minutes ago, davecttr said:

SHIP APP.jpg

Thanks Dave. That’s interesting, as what is happening currently is very different from what is shown on that schedule 😂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

Thanks Dave. That’s interesting, as what is happening currently is very different from what is shown on that schedule 😂 

Which ship does it differ on. 

On Arvia we prebooked dining 2 weeks ( as we eat early) before and some theatre shows and the rest as soon as we boarded.

On Iona we prebooked some theatre shows before and the rest as soon as we boarded. We booked the dining as soon as we boarded, again were able to do this as we eat early. 

Dave - what phrase are we searching for please on the FAQs as nothing is coming up for me

Edited by Jazzytelly

16 minutes ago, Jazzytelly said:

Which ship does it differ on. 

On Arvia we prebooked dining 2 weeks ( as we eat early) before and some theatre shows and the rest as soon as we boarded.

On Iona we prebooked some theatre shows before and the rest as soon as we boarded. We booked the dining as soon as we boarded, again were able to do this as we eat early. 

Dave - what phrase are we searching for please on the FAQs as nothing is coming up for me

Just search online for Here's how My Holiday works differently on each of our ships and scroll down the resulting P&O web page

edit - the web page you want is www.pocruises.com/my-holiday

Edited by davecttr

3 hours ago, davecttr said:

SHIP APP.jpg

That is wrong for Arcadia as we will be on her in two weeks and we have an email telling us speciality dining will not be pre bookable, or is that list showing what can be booked on your phone once you are on the ship?

Edited by tring
  • Like 1