Any one on Arcadia now

cruzadict

57 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Thanks for the good advice will definitely email so fingers crossed, would really like a photo to celebrate our 50th anniversary, our original wedding photographs were mislaid during one of our numerous house moves.I think photos are  just wonderful memories.

We had a package that included photos, they just gave us some extra obc once on the ship as I’ve said earlier no photographers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cheshire Blue said:

Just a quick question or two for anyone currently on board

1 what time are the theatre shows on board ? 

2 Also what are the fixed dining times ?   

Just so we can plan in advance - thank you 

On most P&O ships the set dining comes in two sittings 18.30 and 20.30. The shows are at 20.30 and 22.30. The shows last 50/60 mins 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, daiB said:

On most P&O ships the set dining comes in two sittings 18.30 and 20.30. The shows are at 20.30 and 22.30. The shows last 50/60 mins 

Thanks - that's helpful.  Can someone on Arcadia confirm this applies to that ship (or any differences) ? 

Worst ever disembarkation yesterday. Used QE2 Terminal. Total chaos. No organization on board. Never seen queues so big. Terrible design. Understaffed, poor signage. Am usually on the road by about 9.30. Yesterday it was 11.30. And that was with a small ship! 

1 minute ago, Fionboard said:

Worst ever disembarkation yesterday. Used QE2 Terminal. Total chaos. No organization on board. Never seen queues so big. Terrible design. Understaffed, poor signage. Am usually on the road by about 9.30. Yesterday it was 11.30. And that was with a small ship! 

Wow, that is late. I usually ask for late disembarkation but am normally off by 1030 at the latest, and usually before 1000.

6 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Gosh that is very late to be off. The traffic all around was horrendous yesterday.

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

Wow, that is late. I usually ask for late disembarkation but am normally off by 1030 at the latest, and usually before 1000.

I wonder how Sky Princess with 3600 passengers copes with the QE11 terminal, I notice she will be using it quite a lot this summer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I wonder how Sky Princess with 3600 passengers copes with the QE11 terminal, I notice she will be using it quite a lot this summer.

I would have thought a full refurb of that terminal is now well overdue...

3 hours ago, Fionboard said:

We are due onboard on Tuesday, looks like possible fun to come, I wonder what time the ship left port? 

We are still scheduled at Mayflower for both turnarounds according to "planned movements", but only one other ship that day (Queen Vic at 46 - Ocean terminal I think), so perhaps OK then.  The planned departure time of 4.30pm does not sound good regards our 3.15 arrival at the port time, so the last embarkation time of 3.30pm must be pretty accurate.  I think we will be aiming to arrive about an hour early, now I have seen that! 

Thanks for reporting the information, hope your journey home from the port went a bit better.

Edited by tring

3 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Absolutely awful terminal for both embarkations and disembarkations.   Even Mayflower's temperamental air bridge is insignificant in comparison.   I was last there with QM2, also huge queues with no-one really knowing if they were in the right line.   The whole building needs dismantled and re-built.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, showingdiva said:

Absolutely awful terminal for both embarkations and disembarkations.   Even Mayflower's temperamental air bridge is insignificant in comparison.   I was last there with QM2, also huge queues with no-one really knowing if they were in the right line.   The whole building needs dismantled and re-built.

Ahh, air bridge, yes I clearly remember waiting an extra hour or two to embark a cruise a number of years ago because of air bridge troubles.

35 minutes ago, showingdiva said:

We embarked QM2 there recently and it was fine - no queues of any note. For some reason we disembarked at Mayflower though! On a previous cruise we embarked at Mayflower but returned to QE2. Again, no problems. 

• Like 1

Getting off the ship was a nightmare yesterday but we were on our coach back to Cheshire & mobile by 0945hrs,that was when things really went pear shaped,Southampton seemed quite quiet but we soon joined the M3 queue & from there on did a wonderful tour of Britains Motorway Car parks,finally getting home around 1900hrs,my Wife won't fly anymore & after yesterday I have no chance of getting her to go to/from Southampton again,looks like Blackpool from now on!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, snaefell said:

Getting off the ship was a nightmare yesterday but we were on our coach back to Cheshire & mobile by 0945hrs,that was when things really went pear shaped,Southampton seemed quite quiet but we soon joined the M3 queue & from there on did a wonderful tour of Britains Motorway Car parks,finally getting home around 1900hrs,my Wife won't fly anymore & after yesterday I have no chance of getting her to go to/from Southampton again,looks like Blackpool from now on!

Hopefully yesterday's memories will fade, but still lots of lovely places in the UK though.

1 hour ago, tring said:

Hopefully yesterday's memories will fade, but still lots of lovely places in the UK though.

So true,sadly with so much traffic on the road these days getting to & from them can make it seem not worth the effort!😎

3 hours ago, tring said:

Ahh, air bridge, yes I clearly remember waiting an extra hour or two to embark a cruise a number of years ago because of air bridge troubles.

Yes, they do seem to have been troublesome in the Carnival-linked terminals...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snaefell said:

Fred Olsen or Ambassador from Liverpool then...?

2 hours ago, snaefell said:

Hi scafell. May I ask what embarkation was like at Southampton. We have seen reports of problems with the bigger ships and wondered if there were similar issues with Arcadia, we don't want to have to stand outside for a long time if we arrive earlier than our boarding time. Thank you

7 minutes ago, True Devonian said:

Hi scafell. May I ask what embarkation was like at Southampton. We have seen reports of problems with the bigger ships and wondered if there were similar issues with Arcadia, we don't want to have to stand outside for a long time if we arrive earlier than our boarding time. Thank you

Pardon me for butting in but I think predictive text has just moved Snaefell from the Isle of Man to Cumbria... 😉😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, True Devonian said:

Love predictive text!

Embarkation was a breeze,we were dropped off at the entrance,led straight to a check in desk,security & were on board in minutes, once on board we were directed to our muster station,read the rules,had our boarding passes scanned & we were free to go,15 minutes at the most.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, snaefell said:

Love predictive text!

Embarkation was a breeze,we were dropped off at the entrance,led straight to a check in desk,security & were on board in minutes, once on board we were directed to our muster station,read the rules,had our boarding passes scanned & we were free to go,15 minutes at the most.

Can I please ask what time you arrived and if it was fairly near your arrival time allocated?

True that there are cruises from the north, Fred use Liverpool, Newcastle, Rosyth and also Belfast as a start or finish port, but I do not think both on the same cruise.  More departure and finish locations with Ambassador, but very few cruises from the north altogether - they do the vast majority of theirs from Tilbury which we consider far worse than Southampton, partly due to it being so near London and we had horrendous embarkation/disembarkation experiences there for a cruise last July.

We are happy to do Fred and even travelling to a non local northern port means the roads are quieter than to/from Southampton.and they are pleasant places to spend a couple of nights pre cruise..

After our Ambassador cruise last July we would not repeat them, but some people have been very happy with them, especially with their very low prices, but of course you pay for what you get.