New AMEX Offer

Calnev1

Mine was spend $1,000 get 25,000 points.  I pre-paid my tips, upgraded our wifi (as I'd planned) and purchased an onboard credit to get to $1,000.  Love bonus points on spend I would have done anyway.  Check your authorized users' cards as well - this is the fourth NCL offer we've had across all our cards.

Edited by Kerry's Girls
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, laudergayle said:

I love these offers…I did not get one…perhaps because I got one in October and used it. 😕

Same with me. Guess they know we'll use it again! Worth mentioning, despite saying it only qualifies via NCL phone agent/NCL.com, almost any travel agent bills the same way and the offer should apply. I've also been told if you already have a cruise booked, you can add $1k of OBC and get it refunded on another card at the end of the trip.

• Like 1

I had an offer at the end of the year spend 1000 get 350 back and I combined that with the promo NCL was running when you could use 3 CN on a balcony. That final payment is coming due so hoping an offer will appear on 1 of my AMEX cards again which would be super nice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fastpitchdad said:

I have never gotten this offer across 3 cards 😞 . My offers are usually something like 1 extra point per dollar spent on Crocs. 

I’ve found that none of our Delta cards offer this. We have only gotten it on our Green card and Everyday card.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

I’ve found that none of our Delta cards offer this. We have only gotten it on our Green card and Everyday card.

I have the Plat (travel benefits), the Blue Preferred (Groceries and Streaming), and Delta Reserve (MQMs, Upgrade tie breaker, and companion ticket), I did get a Celebrity offer on one of them once but nothing for NCL. My Delta one has a spend $500 and get $150 back on Delta which is pretty good 🙂 .

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fastpitchdad said:

My Delta one has a spend $500 and get $150 back on Delta which is pretty good 🙂

Dang…just checked our Delta Reserve and no offer.  Would have liked that as we have upcoming need to book flights.

20 hours ago, bigherky said:

Thanks for the heads up. I got it in my Amex Gold. 

Often these offers are only available on AMEX cards that offer Membership Rewards points -- as opposed to co-branded cards like the AMEX Delta cards that provide rewards in the form of Delta Skypesos.  Oops, I mean Skymiles.  

6 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Checked, and I don't have it on my card. We are past final payment, but I was considering buying OBC, and then using a different card while onboard.

I haven't seen any discount yet. I have the Hilton AE & Delta Gold Card AE. Any ideas where I should look?

1 hour ago, IsanTom said:

I haven't seen any discount yet. I have the Hilton AE & Delta Gold Card AE. Any ideas where I should look?

If you have an online account for either, look at the bottom of your homepage. There should be a few offers plus see all 100. Click on see all 100. You do not need to go through the entire 100 since there will also be subcategories. One of the subcategories is travel. Click on that, and it will either be there or not be there.

• Thanks 1

I have the offer -- spend $1000 get 25,000 rewards points.

If I purchase $1000 on board credit and don't spend it all, can I get it refunded or do I lose it?  Trying to figure out a way to hit the $1000 threshold as I'm cruising in July and have already prepaid for the cruise. 

11 hours ago, singleflyer said:

I have the offer -- spend $1000 get 25,000 rewards points.

If I purchase $1000 on board credit and don't spend it all, can I get it refunded or do I lose it?  Trying to figure out a way to hit the $1000 threshold as I'm cruising in July and have already prepaid for the cruise. 

I once bought OBC the same way for a HAL cruise and was also worried about not using it all. Would AMEX claw back the reward? Then DW told me she wanted the most expensive excursion about Anne of Green Gables, and I no longer had to worry about spending it all.

But, one way some have said you can get around this is if you have a different card, use that other card for your onboard spending.