Occasionally Live from the Anthem TA featuring NY, London, Rotterdam, Ypres, Bastogne, Arnhem and Paris

51 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Are you paying for the extra iFly sessions

No sir.  Krystal is visiting the diamond concierge, they just remove the reservation and we can book again in 3 days.  Some people are having luck sucking up to the instructors.  There is a chap, Paul, from Canada, his wife has her own helmet and I think she has ridden many times, pretty much every day.  They don’t enter the tube with her, just stand at the door.  I think we will get 4 goes.  Winning!

• Like 2

So heading off to the room, been doing some work with slightly tolerable wifi in the robot bar, since nobody is ordering drinks there!  Hopefully the crowd has dwindled if not I may be done for the day.  

9 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

How much in advance did you have to book dinner in the Eiffel tower?  Hoping to be in Paris in 2025.  

There is a slightly more casual restaurant in the Eiffel Tower too, we are at Le Jules Verne.

• Like 2

So, back on the bars on ship topic.  Last night we had 5 drinks on my card, D+.  As we were finishing dinner I asked for two double Gran Marnier on K’s card.  15 minutes later here came two drinks, light for two shots again, and not in a brandy glass.  The drinks were perfectly clear, and I couldn’t smell anything.  I said, this is not GM?  Waiter yes it is Cointreau.  I said, Cointreau is not a cognac, GM is a cognac.  It is brown not clear.  10 minutes later we had GM still not a full double.  Sigh. All of this made me think of John….  Since he thinks all orange liquors are the same!😘

So, real question is…..  Sometimes, mostly in specialty dinning they don’t bring me a receipt for drinks.  How do we know what they are hitting our cards for.  I often get the feeling that they now know we are D+ and they don’t bother doing the wine, they just bring it.  Would be good to know.  On the upside, when they bring a paper receipt they suck a small tip from me.  Since I never carry money, if they were smart they would always bring me a receipt. 

JMHO and YMMV

jc

4 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

How do we know what they are hitting our cards for?

Look in the app in the account info - they usually ring up the drinks fairly quickly and they appear in the app.

Edited by Biker19

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, back on the bars on ship topic.  Last night we had 5 drinks on my card, D+.  As we were finishing dinner I asked for two double Gran Marnier on K’s card.  15 minutes later here came two drinks, light for two shots again, and not in a brandy glass.  The drinks were perfectly clear, and I couldn’t smell anything.  I said, this is not GM?  Waiter yes it is Cointreau.  I said, Cointreau is not a cognac, GM is a cognac.  It is brown not clear.  10 minutes later we had GM still not a full double.  Sigh. All of this made me think of John….  Since he thinks all orange liquors are the same!😘

So, real question is…..  Sometimes, mostly in specialty dinning they don’t bring me a receipt for drinks.  How do we know what they are hitting our cards for.  I often get the feeling that they now know we are D+ and they don’t bother doing the wine, they just bring it.  Would be good to know.  On the upside, when they bring a paper receipt they suck a small tip from me.  Since I never carry money, if they were smart they would always bring me a receipt. 

JMHO and YMMV

jc

My experience on Odessey was the charges show up in the app almost instantaneously after they are entered into the system. 

46 minutes ago, mets123 said:

Yes.

I would think Grey Goose would be a tastier choice. I don’t do vodka neat. Or actually at all!🤣  crazy what they charge for a shot. 

Biker, how many shots in a 750ml bottle?

jc

8 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

JMHO and YMMV

jc

As a mixer they are all interchangeable 

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

I would think Grey Goose would be a tastier choice. I don’t do vodka neat. Or actually at all!🤣  crazy what they charge for a shot. 

Biker, how many shots in a 750ml bottle?

jc

8 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Looks better than I expected.  I like the new better.  Now if I can get 199 on eBay life is good!

I like the new ones

Probably because I have almost all the old ones😉