Occasionally Live from the Anthem TA featuring NY, London, Rotterdam, Ypres, Bastogne, Arnhem and Paris

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I have a conundrum, apparently we hit a milestone on this cruise, I am supposed to fill out a piece of paper by today, in order to get my block.  Do I really want the block?  K, definitely doesn't want the block.  

I need guidance from the group.  

jc

Take the block.

Sell it on eBay. Pats got a dinner out! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Here is a completely out of context shot of Rhodri sleeping as we took the new Airstream to Alabama.  

IMG_4947.jpeg

Bell has one of those

20230428_081614.thumb.jpg.996399aee7b7a79b8410266ebcc9a6c6.jpg

Required with pearl white seats😉

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Take it only if you want to lug it around the rest of your trip.

The block is small and only two pounds. I got mine the sailing before yours on the Anthem for 350 points. It's the new colored one.

8 hours ago, countess5 said:

Take the block! We have two and enjoy having them. Not sure why you have to fill out paperwork. Ours just showed up. 

Cheers! 

They now have you fill out a form to let the staff know if you want, or decline, the block.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

They now have you fill out a form to let the staff know if you want, or decline, the block.

Not always. Ours were waiting on the bed when we got to the cabin. 

There’s a new style Anthem on eBay for $199 plus postage 😮 

Edited by little britain

New conundrum for the group.  I just left the cabin, and there was a note that not all guests have received their luggage, and they want the cabin steward to inspect our bags to make sure we don’t have someone else’s bag.  So, I walked from behind the aft stairs to the front stairs to come down to the DL to check in and do a bit of work.  I saw not one other note on a door for this.

I don’t care that they inspect the room, but why wouldn’t they be checking all of the rooms?  

That seems nuts as well.

It has been exceedingly cool.   Last night when we went to bed it was 44F.  Right now it looks hazy and cloudy.  

Flowrider yesterday for two hours it was never sunny and a bit breezy, so I didn’t go back after lunch.  Dinner at WonderLand, we had a below average waiter.  We were easily on schedule to go to the Gift, but he literally disappeared before dessert.  Ordered a double Gran Marnier neat and got a single.  Dessert took 45 minutes.  The people next to us, who came after left 20 minutes ahead of us.  We got to the show at 8:15 it was packed we stood and watched for 10 before heading to bed.  I am not sure how ventilation works on the ship, but it was in the 40s outside, I left the door open and I was still melting in the cabin a few hours later.  

JC

4 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Dinner at WonderLand, we had a below average waiter.  We were easily on schedule to go to the Gift, but he literally disappeared before dessert.  Ordered a double Gran Marnier neat and got a single.  Dessert took 45 minutes.  The people next to us, who came after left 20 minutes ahead of us.  We got to the show at 8:15 it was packed we stood and watched for 10 before heading to bed.  I am not sure how ventilation works on the ship, but it was in the 40s outside, I left the door open and I was still melting in the cabin a few hours later.  

That's very disappointing. Bartender should have given you a double.

@xpcdoojk would you do me a favor?

As said we will be on Anthem June 23rd and haven’t sailed Royal in a while. 

Would you ask a bartender what the cost of a double Toto’s is on the rocks. On celebrity it fell within the $ limit on the drink plan. Wondering if it falls within the Diamond Plus vouchers that we will have.

really appreciate it!

Cheers! 

1 hour ago, countess5 said:

Wondering if it falls within the Diamond Plus vouchers that we will have.

Realize that whatever answer JC gives you today can change by the time you sail - heck, the answer could vary on the same sailing between different bars.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, countess5 said:

@xpcdoojk would you do me a favor?

As said we will be on Anthem June 23rd and haven’t sailed Royal in a while. 

Would you ask a bartender what the cost of a double Toto’s is on the rocks. On celebrity it fell within the $ limit on the drink plan. Wondering if it falls within the Diamond Plus vouchers that we will have.

really appreciate it!

Cheers! 

Double Toto’s?  Don’t know what that is, but will ask at the Music Hall the next night or two.  

JC

14 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

The temps were a bit warmer upper 60s, I quit when the line got 14 people long.  We did IFly and do it again on day 8 at 9AM

Are you paying for the extra iFly sessions

24 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Double Toto’s?  Don’t know what that is, but will ask at the Music Hall the next night or two.  

JC

Double Tito's?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

JC

It’s a vodka that I drink on the rocks with a slice of lime! 🍸😀

Thank you

Cheers! 

Edited by countess5

On 5/3/2023 at 8:26 AM, xpcdoojk said:

Here are my shoes after 2 days of walking in the rain

had to buy new

IMG_4990.jpeg

IMG_4991.jpeg

This reminds me of our B2B in December.  DH’s beach sandals gave out only it was the front that detached.  He flopped all the way back to the ship, it was too funny.  Ya know that super glue and duct tape I always pack?  It kept them together for the rest of the trip and they landed in the cabin trash our last day.  He got some new Tevas before the next cruise.

• Haha 1