Occasionally Live from the Anthem TA featuring NY, London, Rotterdam, Ypres, Bastogne, Arnhem and Paris

4 hours ago, little britain said:

We are also staying in TRYP prior to our Jewel cruise… don’t forget about the excellent Portuguese restaurants in Newark Ferry St area  

We have never had that type of food before. What is the name of your favorite restaurant in that area so I can check out their menu?

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

We have never had that type of food before. What is the name of your favorite restaurant in that area so I can check out their menu?

Somewhere we were looking at

Iberiarestaurants.com

Portuguese wine is excellent 

sorry @xpcdoojk we are detracting from your thread!  Over to you… 😉 

Edited by little britain
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, little britain said:

Iberiarestaurants.com

Good to see you posting, I was afraid y'all got put on radio silence

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Looks like JC and friends are headed to Boston. Medical emergency according to FB

yeah, they announced and turned the ship while we were in the DL meeting new "friends".  We were supposed to get close enough for helicopter to do the lift.  No clue if it happened or not already.  From the DL at this time I can't tell if we are sailing east or west.😀

9 hours ago, little britain said:

Iberiarestaurants.com

LB it is all good.  I am well aware how CC works!🤣

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

yeah, they announced and turned the ship while we were in the DL meeting new "friends".  We were supposed to get close enough for helicopter to do the lift.  No clue if it happened or not already.  From the DL at this time I can't tell if we are sailing east or west.😀

Saw a post on FB that someone posted pictures of a helicopter doing an airlift.  They claimed it was a Canadian helicopter. Not sure how that was determined. 

Hopefully you are on your way again.

So, the view from room 921.  And the row from row D seats 10-12 before the play Six.  If the play had an intermission I am not sure how people would have returned to their seats as they were super tight.  

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Saw a post on FB that someone posted pictures of a helicopter doing an airlift.  They claimed it was a Canadian helicopter. Not sure how that was determined. 

Hopefully you are on your way again.

According to a little old lady I just helped by "fixing" the coffee machine, at 11PM we were met with a helicopter from Halifax, which always made more sense to me logistically, than Boston.  We are definitely sailing east as the sun is on the DL side of the ship.  

• Like 3

I have a conundrum, apparently we hit a milestone on this cruise, I am supposed to fill out a piece of paper by today, in order to get my block.  Do I really want the block?  K, definitely doesn't want the block.  

I need guidance from the group.  

jc

Still not able to log into work.  

So, after Chops lunch, I skipped dessert and left K with the two Pam’s we met at lunch, and was off to the FlowRider, it was about 12:30, and there were 4 people there.  One a guy doing boogie board of all things with a cloudy windy 56F day.  The wave apparently is 2 days old and they haven’t painted the line down the sides yet.  It is a very easy wave, the only problem I have discovered with it is that you can’t feel when you are at the top, and I surfed off the top at least three times in my two hours and about 20 runs.  It was tolerable when the sun popped out but freezing even in my 3mm full suit.  Not horrible, but not optimal at all.  On the upside, I did close to 20 runs in 2 hours.  They never changed the staff on the wave during the whole time I was there, which seemed odd, especially since Poppy and Maria were freezing.  There is a lot of water on the top of the wave I was having a lot of trouble finding my board when it was buried after surfing off the top and then running out the fall to not fall.  

I texted K at some point and asked if she was in room with luggage, she replied yes, so went to the room, rigged my clothesline on the balcony, and changed into dry clothes hung the wet clothes, and we went to find the solarium and the gym, where she will spend much of the next 10 days.  Then we got a cocktail at the Solarium bar, and went out to find a spot about 45 minutes prior to sailing past the Statue of Liberty.

The sail by was fine if unexciting.  After we went to DL for a couple of glasses of wine.  Why do some of the staff bring you a receipt and others don’t?  Had that experience in both the DL and Chops last night.  I don’t get it.  The DL was full, but they didn’t open up, and I suspect they will not open up Music Hall as an overflow.  After dinner, I ordered a double Gran Marnier neat, tasted very cognac not very orange.  I suspect it is either a knock off brand or they blend it with a cheap brandy or cognac.  Not complaining it tasted fine, just not quite right.😂  Needless to say, after dinner I flipped channels on TV and we were both asleep by 8:30.  I woke up with the sun obviously hitting the curtain beside the bed, it was 5:59AM when I checked my phone.

Guess I will gather some food and a coffee to take back to the room now, as we are approaching 1 hour til IFly, and after that FlowRider at 10.  

JC

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

According to a little old lady I just helped by "fixing" the coffee machine, at 11PM we were met with a helicopter from Halifax, which always made more sense to me logistically, than Boston.  We are definitely sailing east as the sun is on the DL side of the ship.  

It does look like you made a northward turn, and Halifax would have been closer than Boston.

IMG_6094.thumb.jpeg.f9da44d4c0a799286ccd38011e3af96e.jpeg

By the way, that is Enchantment ahead of you.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Hope you don’t mind me jumping in.  I used to have Newark as part of my sales territory.  Fornos of spain and the Spanish tavern are very good 

• Thanks 1

Important stuff that I tried to post that didn't and is now lost will quickly recreate.

Room Service 1 time per day.

Cruise Compass can be had, although our steward didn't last night.  

Blankets required to sit on balcony in the sun.  They are available.  

robes don't come with ties, and the crew doesn't seem to notice.

DL concierge cleared our reservation on IFly and we can do it again in the future for free.  

Krystal was over served last night, I became aware as we were sitting in Jamie's and I said there is the captain, at which point she shouted captain and waved.  This was about 30 minutes after the turn around. He acknowledged continued on his way.  Returned about 2 minutes later and shook hands.  I will have to ask her if she remembered doing this.  🤣  Sigh....

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Following along, will be on Anthem June 23rd for 14 day Med cruise.

Have sailed Anthem when she first set sail.  Interested to hear your thoughts on the ship now.

Take the block! We have two and enjoy having them. Not sure why you have to fill out paperwork. Ours just showed up. 

Cheers!