Fans

thesmiths

59 minutes ago, thesmiths said:

Do they have fans for your cabin if you ask them?

On the Miracle, .

From what I read it is chilly on her but still need my white noise.

Thank you!

IF you ask before they run out. IF the room dude is in a good mood. 

Not exactly a direct answer to your questions, but a possible solution.

I bought a really awesome small portable one that is usb plug in only about 4" across.  Was pretty cheap on Amazon, and the little bugger is powerful and lasts all night.  I have to have air moving.  I loved it so much I replaced my normal size one on my nightstand at home with one too.  SUPER compact and so powerful I only use it on low.  Plus it sits well on flat service like nightstand or it unfolds and has a handle so you can use it at sporting events, beach, etc.  I have even used it on the airplane.  Again, don't let the size fool you.  Blows like nobodies business.

EasyAcc Mini Handheld Fan, Portable Fan USB Desk Fan Small Personal Hand Fan 3 Speed 10H Working Hours Rechargeable Operated

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, May1cruiser said:

FYI. the port security has been really tough on fan size if you plan to bring your own. I dont understand what the big issue is? 

All the more reason for my little 4" one lol! Super compact and blows like a fan 3 times it size. I have carried it on numerous times no issue.  Fits in a small rubbermaid bowl container for storage perfectly. 

Edited by wemjam

1 hour ago, May1cruiser said:

FYI. the port security has been really tough on fan size if you plan to bring your own. I dont understand what the big issue is? 

You are allowed to bring a fan up to 12" diameter.  I can't imagine anyone needing a fan any larger than that.  It's not like you are going to need a whole-house fan in your stateroom. 

https://www.carnival.com/help?topicid=1202

Exemptions and other considerations

• Aerosol cans containing personal grooming products are allowed 
  • Personal grooming devices such as hair dryers, flat irons, curling irons, shavers, and other electrical devices, such as fans (no larger than 12" in diameter), power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords (without surge protectors) are allowed when used with proper caution.  However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned on debarkation morning

The policy states 12 inch diameter. they were measuring height overall. We have a small 9" oscillating fan that is taller due to the stand. On most ships the low setting is more than sufficient, however some ships have issues with AC and we prefer a cold room. The white noise is a bonus. 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2023 at 5:18 PM, wemjam said:

Not exactly a direct answer to your questions, but a possible solution.

I bought a really awesome small portable one that is usb plug in only about 4" across.  Was pretty cheap on Amazon, and the little bugger is powerful and lasts all night.  I have to have air moving.  I loved it so much I replaced my normal size one on my nightstand at home with one too.  SUPER compact and so powerful I only use it on low.  Plus it sits well on flat service like nightstand or it unfolds and has a handle so you can use it at sporting events, beach, etc.  I have even used it on the airplane.  Again, don't let the size fool you.  Blows like nobodies business.

EasyAcc Mini Handheld Fan, Portable Fan USB Desk Fan Small Personal Hand Fan 3 Speed 10H Working Hours Rechargeable Operated

Link for this fan?  I'm always on the hunt for one smaller but still POWERFUL!

I always bring this one - never had an issue from CCL for it...

https://www.amazon.com/Zuvas-Rotation-Portable-Personal-Electric/dp/B09T5GKF4Z/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2Q714J5E1Z6AK&keywords=4+inch+desk+fan&qid=1683302771&sprefix=4+inch+desk+fan%2Caps%2C304&sr=8-3

I agree it is nice to have some air movement -

This one is a usb, so if your light next to the bed has a usb,

or if you are on MG, and I assume Celebration (and the upcoming Jubilee),

there are usb ports by the bed, so you don't even need the adapter.

Golden!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2023 at 11:08 AM, d-train said:

I always bring this one - never had an issue from CCL for it...

https://www.amazon.com/Zuvas-Rotation-Portable-Personal-Electric/dp/B09T5GKF4Z/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2Q714J5E1Z6AK&keywords=4+inch+desk+fan&qid=1683302771&sprefix=4+inch+desk+fan%2Caps%2C304&sr=8-3

I agree it is nice to have some air movement -

This one is a usb, so if your light next to the bed has a usb,

or if you are on MG, and I assume Celebration (and the upcoming Jubilee),

there are usb ports by the bed, so you don't even need the adapter.

Golden!

On this same note, we just returned from the Glory on Sunday.  During our cruise the bedside lamps were replaced with lamps that now have TWO USB ports on each lamp.  They now also have LED bulbs instead of the CFLs, and the lamps are a bit fancier, too. This is definitely a win for those of us who would like to switchout to a USB fan to be used by the bed, as well as giving all of us more charging capabilities for our devices.  Hope this will be a fleet wide change on applicable ships. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I purchased 2 fans that @wemjam posted a link to (thanks!) for our cruise on Sunshine last week.  We had spa interior rooms and never used them.  Still happy that I got them and they are small but mighty!

Right?  Love them.  As I said I use one on my nightstand at home and replaced a larger 10-12" one.  

These are great!

• Like 1